PT 1-20 LG vs recent LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niederbomb

Silver

PT 1-20 LG vs recent LG

Post by niederbomb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 am

I'm retaking the LSAT and need fresh material for LG, so I've been working through PT 1-20.

Are these games harder or easier than recent games? After PT 6, they've started to seem ridiculously easy. I'm not sure if that's because I've suddenly improved or because they are, in fact, easier than other games.

I seem to just fly through the questions after making the key inferences; I do not remember that happening on the recent 50-60 LG when I did them for the first time.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: PT 1-20 LG vs recent LG

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:55 am

Some of them are easier, but there are also a higher proportion of funky set up ones, imho. Also, they probably seem easier because you're getting better. I thought the 30's LG were terrible and the 50's were easy, but at the end of my prep I looked at the first ones I'd done and lol'ed at how I thought they were SO HARD. ^_^

You could try setting a time limit of 6:30 or 7:00 for each game if you want to make the practice more helpful.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:

Some of them are easier, but there are also a higher proportion of funky set up ones, imho. Also, they probably seem easier because you're getting better. I thought the 30's LG were terrible and the 50's were easy, but at the end of my prep I looked at the first ones I'd done and lol'ed at how I thought they were SO HARD. ^_^

You could try setting a time limit of 6:30 or 7:00 for each game if you want to make the practice more helpf
Yeah, I've been doing 30-minute sections for LG and 28-minute sections for LR and RC because I had time trouble in October.

I might be getting better, which is about time since I was SO BAD at LG for a long time (+6 on diagnostic), probably -5 or -6 in October.
Last edited by niederbomb on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Hard vs. easy may not be the best axis of comparison here. They're certainly different/i] in the early days. Weird diagrams and (especially) weird rules are much more common in the lower-numbered tests than in the higher-numbered ones. Once you get used to the weirdness, though, they may end up being roughly the same difficulty level (or maybe even slightly easier) than the recent ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”