PowerScore Virtual Course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JG7773

Bronze

PowerScore Virtual Course

Post by JG7773 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Last edited by JG7773 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Platinum

Re: PowerScore Virtual Course

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 pm

i would be leery of taking a course that ends 3 days before the test. You will be learning concepts and strategies up until the end. Make sure you have some time to take these concepts and implement them to full lenght prep test strategies. You can do it, but I would suggest taking the test later and applying next cycle.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

northwood wrote:i would be leery of taking a course that ends 3 days before the test. You will be learning concepts and strategies up until the end. Make sure you have some time to take these concepts and implement them to full lenght prep test strategies. You can do it, but I would suggest taking the test later and applying next cycle.
+1

Sometimes people need time to let things digest. If you take a course, I believe it's better to give yourself plenty of time after the course to review things more thoroughly on your own before taking the exam itself.

However, this is dependent upon the idea that you'll be motivated/have time to study more after the course ends. If you're motivated and have the time, it's very worthwhile to give yourself more time afterward, but it really depends on you/your personality/your schedule and other obligations.

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am

I took it, and it wasn't for me. It's really scattered in my opinion, you'll be switching from advanced linear to reading comprehension in homework. I know they had an idea behind the structure of it, but I like learning one thing at a time and in order. I felt much more motivated with the books and doing my own thing. The annoying thing about the course is that if you miss something, even if you ask a question, you have to wait until the end to get the recording or go back, whereas in the book you can just glance back and spend as much time as you need. Different strokes for different folks.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm

IMO, having taken the Class last year, unless you are one of "those" people who have no time to study and cannot bring yourself to build a self study plan and have to have things taught to you, its a huge waste of money. The course is basically the LR LG and RC bibles, with a couple classes going over them very slowly. If you can read, much better off reading the bibles separately. its the same stuff.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”