LG Strategy: Trouble Making Inferences

LG Strategy: Trouble Making Inferences

Postby jets098 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:56 pm

I get very varied scores on logic games because of the fact that I miss key inferences. There are some sections that I fly through and get -2 or -3 (which is good for me) and then there are sections where I struggle to get any answers for a game because I miss the key inference. This has been a problem for me since I have started and does not seem to be getting better by just reviewing the LG Bible. Does anybody have any tips on how they consistently get all the inferences. I am currently working out of the LG Sections by Type and Powerscore LG Workbook. Thanks.

Re: LG Strategy: Trouble Making Inferences

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 pm

do every game 3+ times. THe first time, just focus on getting all of the deducations and inferences ( its okay if it takes a long time). the second time try to get all of the questions right. the third time aim to get all questions right, and the game complete in under 8 minutes 30 seconds .

obviously you dont do the 3 attempts on the same day, or next day. you need to rotate them.

this helped me go from a +2 on my diagnostic to +18 on October 9th

Re: LG Strategy: Trouble Making Inferences

Postby 313D313 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm

i used to have this problem when i first started. What worked for me was to slow down a little bit in the beginning of the game. I would read everything and then start diagramming. I would spend some time thinking about the game and trying a couple of quick hypotheticals.
My TM instructor told me about this. At first i thought i would lose time but that time is sooo worth it because the game is way harder if you miss the inference. With time and practice this became second nature to me and did not take very much time. One thing to remember though, there are games that are just HARD and require a good amount of time before you can even move to the questions. Hope this helps.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”