Looking for the better option of the two

RefleX

Looking for the better option of the two

Postby RefleX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 am

I'm scheduled to take the Dec 11 LSAT, and should be scoring somewhere in the low 160's as of now after my LG primer from PS LGB, and I'm debating which option is better. I am a 1/3 through the LGB, completed the RCB (not much help), and am going to work through the LRB after the LGB. My question is, would it be better to work through all of the books and then work exclusively on practice tests with corrections and analysis, or work through the book while taking practice tests? I should be able to get the two books completed within a week-week 1/2, and then do oscillating days with PLSAT and reviews up until a few days before the test. Thanks for the insight in advance.

bee's vision

Re: Looking for the better option of the two

Postby bee's vision » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:15 pm

My advice is don't rush through the books. I read them both in a couple days and thought I was golden, my pt scores improved but not nearly as much as possible. I went back to the books, this time reading a chapter from LGB and then drilling that question type in Kaplan mastery, then doing the same for LRB. After this I was scoring in the 170s. Get the concepts down first, then work on full length tests. That being said, there's a lot to cover in a short amount of time if you're deadset on taking it in December.

RefleX

Postby RefleX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:44 pm

I've been reading at the pace of about 50 pages per day. I'm not employed and have no real obligations, so I have a lot of free time. I've been studying on and off for two months, but decided I wasn't taking myself or the test seriously enough, or I'm just afraid of the damn thing as usual. I'm shooting for a 162+ to get into Rutgers Camden with a 3.14. Last PT was 156-158 (can't remember which scale I used). My logic games were terrible, 49% correct, LR 76%ish, RC 61%. I feel much more confident with LG even after reading only linear games so far. Structure and methods were huge issues for me. I suppose I could take a few tests to gauge my progress while taking my time with the bibles, and then for the last 3 weeks PT and review.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:49 pm

dont worry about the scaled scores, look at the raw score ( actual number right). You wont be able to determine the scale on the test, but you can get a good grasp of how many right you should be getting.

RefleX

Postby RefleX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Well now I'm absolutely livid at how I just performed on a PT after working through a bit of the LGB. I forgot to make not-laws, and just completely got torn apart trying to do it. I think I'm going to take a break for the day.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 pm

What is your goal score on the LSAT?

RefleX

Postby RefleX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

162+. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown earlier but I'm back haha. I don't take failure very well and this test is my Kryptonite. I got a 67 raw score on the last one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”