I've run out of real tests to practice on Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AshtonB

New

I've run out of real tests to practice on

Post by AshtonB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:48 am

I have in my possession Tests 40-60, and have pretty much gone over the most recent ones (last 7 or so) at least twice. Now it just feels like I'm relying on memory rather than problem-solving skill to answer the questions. And practicing on considerably dated tests also feels rather futile in light of how challenging the newer ones are by comparison.

What should I do now? Just dry-read my Powerscore Bibles?
Last edited by AshtonB on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Re: I've run out of real tests to practice on

Post by HowdyYall » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 am

didnt they make one or two tests before 40? the old ones are much better than any fake ones youll get

AshtonB

New

Post by AshtonB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:03 am

HowdyYall wrote:didnt they make one or two tests before 40? the old ones are much better than any fake ones youll get
Yeah, but like I said, the LSAT has changed so much in the last decade I feel like I'm not going to be doing myself a great service by practicing on them. The Logical Reasoning portion has undergone an especially dramatic increase in difficulty, from what I've observed. I guess I could give the RC and LG portions a whirl, though.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:04 am

I've had the bright idea to start studying advanced logic for my Feb retake and actually try to make my own test. I'm weak at lg so that's my focus. It's crazy, i know... just crazy enough to work. I'm also taking the powerscore advanced LG course and re-reading the bibles too. I just figure it can't hurt to try to psyche out the lsat writers by figuring out how they think; that's what I did for my undergrad exams.

bee's vision

New

Post by bee's vision » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:13 am

I think pts 30-40 are still useful for timing and practicing the skills from LGB and LRB. I think some of the LR and LG sections might actually be harder than 50-60. Definitely relevant and would reccomending doing them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nonok

Bronze

Post by Nonok » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Just take the older ones. I took 16 yesterday and 18 today and don't notice much different. The games are much harder on the old ones imo.

ack

New

Post by ack » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:27 pm

I haven't run out of tests but when I noticed I wasn't making any improvement I just changed my study patterns.. I started doing non-lsat stuff like reading a book on formal logic, and bits of textbooks on subjects that have come up in RC that I didn't understand very well. If nothing else it gives me practice in logical thinking, and in reading comprehension of difficult subjects. I've also started keeping track of vocab words on the lsat that I didn't know the meaning of, like "anathema" or "polemics" because I don't want to waste time on the lsat trying to infer meanings of words. If you're scoring high on your PTs you might find those strategies useful to get a few more points. I'd also say do the old PTs though, you'll get good practice on the logic games.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Just do all of the PTs... and then do them again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”