5 weeks left, what should be the strategy now?

paulshortys10

5 weeks left, what should be the strategy now?

Postby paulshortys10 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:44 am

Averaging a 163, want a 170.. usually average -21 wrong, i think less than -15 would meet my goal

LR-have been slowly getting better at it, Best so far is -8 on both sections.....average is prob -10..feel like the more I practice the better i will get.

RC-Best I've had is a -4, average -6....I've negated studying for this section, but realize i shouldn't or else i'll pay for it in DEC.

LG-I realize this is the section i need to be the most prepared for since it should be the easiest points. Last test i did I got a -8, but i usually get less than that, BUT i go way over the time limit..

I still need to work on timing as well. I usually go over by a couple minutes on all sections.
I still haven't touched about 15 of the last 20 or so PT's. Also only done like 2 of the first 20 PT's, and like 15 of the middle 20 PT's..
I've gone over the LR and LG bibles, and the ATLAS LR book. I'm getting the Atlas LG book on monday, so hopefully it can give me some tips that will make me better.

I'm not working right so I could literally study all day..

What do you guys recommend my plan be for the last 5 weeks in order to get closer to my goal of 170?

Mike12188

Re: 5 weeks left, what should be the strategy now?

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:12 am

LG. Go through the LG bible again. If timing is your issue, worry about getting every question of the first 3 games right and If you guess on the last game and get 1 or 2 right your still ahead of -8. LG is the easiest to learn so you should def focus a lot of your attention there. Go through that bible again. Whenever you have some time do a game section from the older tests, this way you don't waste the newer ones, plus they are harder supposedly.

For LR, start doing the first ten questions in 10 minutes and get them all right lol. Sounds real easy right. This is another area you can def. improve in 5 weeks. (The only LR questions I got wrong on the actual test were in the first 10 :evil: nerves I think).

RC. Find the differences between the strategies you used on diff tests. See why you did better on some and stick to that strategy, not much you can do for that except perfect your OWN strategy. On my actual test there were two passages I underlined or marked only one word. It was the best RC section I've ever done, but I ended up at my average because I fucked up LR and LG a little.

Overall. Stop worrying about that "170". Again it sounds real easy. I was in your same position desperate to break 170, but getting close to the test I would choke and I kept getting 168s and 169s. When I was relaxed and came to terms with not being able to break 170 on the actual test, is when I had my best PTs. Instead worry about getting that LG to -1 at the most. Btw, bibles are the only prep I used. I did take around 30 full tests and used another 15 prob, as sections and to practice. I would take a week off from taking full tests and just drill those bibles. Good Luck! It's def. feasible.

Also, pm me your email address. I got something to help you with LR. Nvmnd lol I just saw I sent it to you already. I hope you actually went through the bible and only used those notes as a supplement

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 am

Mike12188 wrote:LG. Go through the LG bible again. If timing is your issue, worry about getting every question of the first 3 games right and If you guess on the last game and get 1 or 2 right your still ahead of -8. LG is the easiest to learn so you should def focus a lot of your attention there. Go through that bible again. Whenever you have some time do a game section from the older tests, this way you don't waste the newer ones, plus they are harder supposedly.

For LR, start doing the first ten questions in 10 minutes and get them all right lol. Sounds real easy right. This is another area you can def. improve in 5 weeks. (The only LR questions I got wrong on the actual test were in the first 10 :evil: nerves I think).

RC. Find the differences between the strategies you used on diff tests. See why you did better on some and stick to that strategy, not much you can do for that except perfect your OWN strategy. On my actual test there were two passages I underlined or marked only one word. It was the best RC section I've ever done, but I ended up at my average because I fucked up LR and LG a little.

Overall. Stop worrying about that "170". Again it sounds real easy. I was in your same position desperate to break 170, but getting close to the test I would choke and I kept getting 168s and 169s. When I was relaxed and came to terms with not being able to break 170 on the actual test, is when I had my best PTs. Instead worry about getting that LG to -1 at the most. Btw, bibles are the only prep I used. I did take around 30 full tests and used another 15 prob, as sections and to practice. I would take a week off from taking full tests and just drill those bibles. Good Luck! It's def. feasible.

Also, pm me your email address. I got something to help you with LR. Nvmnd lol I just saw I sent it to you already. I hope you actually went through the bible and only used those notes as a supplement

I could use LR help!

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:27 am

Rawlberto wrote:I could use LR help!

I don't like you though.

:lol: j/k check your pm

winnatech

Postby winnatech » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 am

I could use some too! :)

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 am

U da man mike!

AshtonB

Postby AshtonB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:58 am

Mike12188 wrote:LG. Go through the LG bible again. If timing is your issue, worry about getting every question of the first 3 games right and If you guess on the last game and get 1 or 2 right your still ahead of -8. LG is the easiest to learn so you should def focus a lot of your attention there. Go through that bible again. Whenever you have some time do a game section from the older tests, this way you don't waste the newer ones, plus they are harder supposedly.

Hey, I don't know you, but are you the kind of generous soul who could spare a total stranger some LR help? :oops:

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:Averaging a 163, want a 170.. usually average -21 wrong, i think less than -15 would meet my goal

LR-have been slowly getting better at it, Best so far is -8 on both sections.....average is prob -10..feel like the more I practice the better i will get.

RC-Best I've had is a -4, average -6....I've negated studying for this section, but realize i shouldn't or else i'll pay for it in DEC.

LG-I realize this is the section i need to be the most prepared for since it should be the easiest points. Last test i did I got a -8, but i usually get less than that, BUT i go way over the time limit..

I still need to work on timing as well. I usually go over by a couple minutes on all sections.
I still haven't touched about 15 of the last 20 or so PT's. Also only done like 2 of the first 20 PT's, and like 15 of the middle 20 PT's..
I've gone over the LR and LG bibles, and the ATLAS LR book. I'm getting the Atlas LG book on monday, so hopefully it can give me some tips that will make me better.

What do you guys recommend my plan be for the last 5 weeks in order to get closer to my goal of 170?

I decided to go ahead and purchase the Atlas Logic Games book after missing -8 Logic Games, -3 RC, -1 LR, -2 LR on my last exam. I knew I couldn't forgive myself if I let logic games, the easiest section to learn by all accounts, to get in front of that coveted high score. I just got the Atlas Logic Games book yesterday, and so far its fantastic. They have methods for grouping and ordering games that I've never seen before. For someone familiar with logic games already (I had gone through the bible already twice), you should be able to breeze through the book. I studied for maybe 3.5 hours yesterday and am through 2/3rds of the book. Also, it gives you access to the Atlas forum, where if you're stumped on a practice test question, you can look it up and more than likely an instructor will have posted a pdf with a full explanation. If not, you can post the question yourself and a professor will respond.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:Averaging a 163, want a 170.. usually average -21 wrong, i think less than -15 would meet my goal

I decided to go ahead and purchase the Atlas Logic Games book after missing -8 Logic Games, -3 RC, -1 LR, -2 LR on my last exam. I knew I couldn't forgive myself if I let logic games, the easiest section to learn by all accounts, to get in front of that coveted high score. I just got the Atlas Logic Games book yesterday, and so far its fantastic. They have methods for grouping and ordering games that I've never seen before. For someone familiar with logic games already (I had gone through the bible already twice), you should be able to breeze through the book. I studied for maybe 3.5 hours yesterday and am through 2/3rds of the book. Also, it gives you access to the Atlas forum, where if you're stumped on a practice test question, you can look it up and more than likely an instructor will have posted a pdf with a full explanation. If not, you can post the question yourself and a professor will respond.

link to the book? is it this
http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Logic-Games-Strategy-Guide/dp/0984054901

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:03 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

yay im getting mine tomorrow

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”