Logic Games Section--quickening the pace

in_to_win

Logic Games Section--quickening the pace

Postby in_to_win » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm having severe trouble in getting through the games section at an efficient pace. At my current speed, I'm able to finish up to the first question of the last game (at best) by the 35:00 mark. Any tips/suggestions??
Last edited by in_to_win on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

northwood

Re: Logic Games Section--quickening the pace

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:20 pm

cant understand your post?

you can only do 1 game in 35 minutes? or get up to the last game and answer the problem in 35 minutes???

in_to_win

Postby in_to_win » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:24 pm

sorry, just edited. I meant the first problem of the last of the four games.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:32 pm

sounds like you still need to master each game type. purchase the LGB and systematically do each game 3 times. Get some more prep tests and break down the games into each type for extra practice. You will start to learn how to make deducations and see trends in the game types as you do each game ( thats why you do it 3 times, to be able to see the deductions- and work on speed and accuracy)

FYI: many people ( not on this site) cant get to the 4th game. Its very common to do 3 games as best as possible, and completely guess on game 4. THere has to be a game type that stumps you. You need to be able to recognize these games, and do them last. Right now, I say dont worry about speed, just focus on accuracy. If you can do all 3 games without any mistakes, try to increase your pace. If you are making a lot of mistakes, try to do 2 and a half games without making any mistakes. If you are scheduled for december- postpone the test until june, and use the time to work on this section ( it is the easiest section to increase your score, and the only section where you can prove your answer to be right).

best of luck

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Develop an algorithm for each game type. Make sure its nearly automatic. Diagram, rules, contapositive, inferences etc.

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Ragged wrote:Develop an algorithm for each game type. Make sure its nearly automatic. Diagram, rules, contapositive, inferences etc.

You also need to do a ton of LGs, because really they become second nature the more and more you do them. You are able to more quickly identify the tricks they may throw at you and make valuable inferences (such as if a game has limited options). But yes, LGB + Time Investment = Success on this portion. I started off getting every single one except two incorrect. I now go -0 or -1. Just keep at it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”