Speed vs Accuracy

minnbills

Speed vs Accuracy

Postby minnbills » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

I noticed that on a typical section, I'll finish between 5-8 minutes early. Yet, I'll still miss 3 to 4. If I slow things down in an effort to increase accuracy, the results stay the same.

Has anyone else experienced this?

This happened on the Oct. administration as well.

northwood

Re: Speed vs Accuracy

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 pm

can you identify which questions you are going to get wrong?
if so, circle the ones you are not sure of. since you have a lot of time left, go back and brutally do poe on it ( for LR- find conc, premises, gaps, circle indicator words, tone changes, and quantity words. then compare each choice until you have the best one)

for games- double check your setups and clues.

for rc... use the time to relax your eyes, or if you havent positively found where in the passage the answer choice is for a question do so.

also; double and triple check your bubbling. You have plenty of time to correct an epic bubbling error

Postby 83947368 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:25 pm

northwood wrote:can you identify which questions you are going to get wrong?
if so, circle the ones you are not sure of. since you have a lot of time left, go back and brutally do poe on it ( for LR- find conc, premises, gaps, circle indicator words, tone changes, and quantity words. then compare each choice until you have the best one)

for games- double check your setups and clues.

for rc... use the time to relax your eyes, or if you havent positively found where in the passage the answer choice is for a question do so.

also; double and triple check your bubbling. You have plenty of time to correct an epic bubbling error

Usually there are one or two that I think were really sketchy, I do go back and check normally. But the thing is, I want to get to the point where I get nearly every question right the first time.

LG is the one section I tend to get pressed for time on. I usually finish with 1 or 2 mins to go. My biggest issue there is misinterpreting a rule or making some other facile error.

I'll put your advice to practice tomorrow- thanks.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”