LSAT Retaker Here

cardinals03

LSAT Retaker Here

Postby cardinals03 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:23 pm

After I received my October score, I told myself I was done and that I would never take that test again. However, after reading the success stories from some of the retakers here, I have a renewed resolve. I have come to the following conclusions:

1) Classes suck (for me) and I need to self study my rear off.

2) I have taken 2x with very little prep - I say very little because the 'homework' from my course could never simulate test day.

3) My scores are ridiculous (156 - 158). I can PT in the high 160's with no pressure, so I am hoping to resolve the nerves with more actual tests in timed situations. I am ashamed to say, but I have taken less than 3 timed PT's all together.

4) I have a 3.96 GPA, no reason not to score high. I understand the material, just need more actual tests under timed conditions.

5) Law School is expensive---why pay sticker when you can obviously do better and attend for free?

6) It is a test that follows a pattern of questioning. It can be beat. Another $136 can save thousands on tuition. I feel pretty good about the rest of my classes for the semester, so LSAT prep now takes top priority.

See what you think about the following schedule:
For the next 4 weeks, PT every Mon, Thurs, Sat with review the day after. It comes to 14 total that I plan to take (PT's 48-61). I have created a log for myself and a tracker for the number in each section wrong and question type to zero in on any weak areas. Is this enough to get me in the groove? Any suggestions?

Hopefully, I can overcome the low scores and hit in the high 160's like I know I can.

AverageTutoring

Re: LSAT Retaker Here

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:29 pm

cardinals03 wrote:After I received my October score, I told myself I was done and that I would never take that test again. However, after reading the success stories from some of the retakers here, I have a renewed resolve. I have come to the following conclusions:

1) Classes suck (for me) and I need to self study my rear off.

2) I have taken 2x with very little prep - I say very little because the 'homework' from my course could never simulate test day.

3) My scores are ridiculous (156 - 158). I can PT in the high 160's with no pressure, so I am hoping to resolve the nerves with more actual tests in timed situations. I am ashamed to say, but I have taken less than 3 timed PT's all together.

4) I have a 3.96 GPA, no reason not to score high. I understand the material, just need more actual tests under timed conditions.

5) Law School is expensive---why pay sticker when you can obviously do better and attend for free?

6) It is a test that follows a pattern of questioning. It can be beat. Another $136 can save thousands on tuition. I feel pretty good about the rest of my classes for the semester, so LSAT prep now takes top priority.

See what you think about the following schedule:
For the next 4 weeks, PT every Mon, Thurs, Sat with review the day after. It comes to 14 total that I plan to take (PT's 48-61). I have created a log for myself and a tracker for the number in each section wrong and question type to zero in on any weak areas. Is this enough to get me in the groove? Any suggestions?

Hopefully, I can overcome the low scores and hit in the high 160's like I know I can.

To be honest you can't say that you have the ability to PT in the deep 160s if you havent even taken three full timed PTs. 14 total may be enough it may not, it depends on where you are relative to your goals. I personally took over 35 timed PTs and used the rest to drill. I needed every one of them.

But your game plan seems fine as now. I would just leave room to re-adjust it as required. That said, you also need some days to drill. Drilling is very important!

cardinals03

Postby cardinals03 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

But your game plan seems fine as now. I would just leave room to re-adjust it as required. That said, you also need some days to drill. Drilling is very important!

Any suggestions? Maybe on 'off days' do a few random sections from older pt's?

downing

Postby downing » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Not rigorous enough! Do a pt every day, and review on the same day. Rest on the weekends, or on one weekend day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”