Is a 165 really that bad?

danielle9281

Re: Is a 165 really that bad?

Postby danielle9281 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
danielle9281 wrote:So I didn't get into UCLA, still waiting on USC. But I am thinking of taking a year off and re-taking the test. I know I could do a whole lot better on it. I had a lot going on in my life to have done a re-take in December. I know I could do better, because I have narcolepsy and was supposed to get accommodations to have the time on the reading section lengthened, but I decided not to. When I got my results back on the LSAT I did great in all the sections, except the reading, which I had 10 wrong. I didn't mention my narcolepsy to any of the schools I applied to, because I was not sure if they wouldn't accept me because of it. If I do re-take than I may or may not decide to get the accommodations, but even without them, I won't be a full-time student so I will have time to study. The first time I took the test I was a full time student and worked full time, so all I did was attend a Kaplan course, but did not actually have time or energy to study for the test.

Also, would it be a bad thing for me to mention my narcolepsy to schools? If I choose one of the schools I did get into, I want to negotiate my scholarship money. Maybe if I mention why my score was not as good as it could have been, then it could help me receive more scholarship money. Let me know.

I met some dude with narcolepsy and that shit is no joke. He was able to feel it coming on and so he wouldn't just do a faceplant like "rusty the narcoleptic dog" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVCYdrw-1o but it still put him out of commission just the same.

retake ftw!

Haha! I love that video, so awesome! First because it involves narcolepsy, second because it's a weiner dog and I have one, shes the cutest thing!!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Emma. wrote:
Pizon wrote:
To clarify, I meant the stress of taking the LSAT is much worse than most of what you'll endure in law school. The whole law school admissions process is more stressful than law school itself.

lolwut?

+1

I'd really like to think it was true, though, since I had zero stress issues on the LSAT and aside from the anticipation in the few hours leading up to LSAT score relase, the admissions process has been pretty chill too. Law school will be less stressful than hardly stressful at all? Awesome!

danielle9281

Postby danielle9281 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:Your question can only be answered if we know your URM status.

If you are a URM, then no.

If you are not a URM, then yes that is terrible retake or you are doomed.

/thread

No I am not URM.

danielle9281

Postby danielle9281 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Neidermeyer519 wrote:I used to hate all the retake banter I heard on here, but I'm afraid I have joined the bandwagon. Schools place a lot of emphasis on the LSAT score, and if you can prepare well enough, retake and get a high enough score, is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY. Would you rather hurry up to get in law school and come out with $$$$ of debt, or stop, take a year, prep much better, land a 170+ and go to school for free (or closde to it)?

I just think people get so hell bent on going in a particular cycle that they drastically underestimate the value of nailing the LSAT and applying next cycle. Take a year off, prepare, enjoy yourself a little, and don't listen to anyone's bitching about "what are you doing with your life? Why did you take time off of school? Now you probably won't go back!"

When you retake it, nail the score you want and go to law school for free, that smug satisfaction will be all you'll need.

Depending on what I hear from USC, I will probably end up doing this. I have no problem taking a year off, as long as it will make me happier in the long run.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”