Anyone else still not over LSAT score depression?

applepiecrust

Anyone else still not over LSAT score depression?

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:53 am

<>
Last edited by applepiecrust on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prismz

Re: Anyone else still not over LSAT score depression?

Postby prismz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:01 am

Get off and stay off TLS for a while

GL in Feb

omninode

Postby omninode » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:15 am

Last edited by omninode on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 am

applepiecrust wrote:I seriously feel like my life is over with literally a couple (i.e. 2-4) carelessly answered multiple choice questions. Seriously. I've cried at least a dozen times since I saw my score; tried to be pragmatic about it but I am still despairing.
I signed up to retake in February, but absolutely cannot find the motivation to review material now. I just can't find the motivation to anything anymore. Even my school grades are going to hell right now.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Keep your chin up man. Cliche incoming, but it's true: The true test of a person is getting back up after they've been kicked down. Take a deep breath. A 168 is not going to seriously hurt you. It may make it a little bit tougher to get HYS, but if you are HYS set or bust you need to check your mentality. A 168 gives you a shot at T-14 schools, and if you retake and improve, well plenty of people have retaken 168's and still were able to get into T-6 schools. This is not the end of the world. Good luck buddy. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or anything, I was really bummed after both my LSAT attempts (second one resulting in a cancel after averaging a 177).

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 am

applepiecrust wrote:I seriously feel like my life is over with literally a couple (i.e. 2-4) carelessly answered multiple choice questions. Seriously. I've cried at least a dozen times since I saw my score; tried to be pragmatic about it but I am still despairing.
I signed up to retake in February, but absolutely cannot find the motivation to review material now. I just can't find the motivation to anything anymore. Even my school grades are going to hell right now.

hahaha

MrAdams

Postby MrAdams » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:04 am

HowdyYall wrote:

hahaha

I lol'd.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 am

MrAdams wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:

hahaha

I lol'd.

Im always amazed at how someone can cry over making a 168. People are dying like crazy from starvation and diseases all around the world and someone in the U.S is crying about ONLY being the 4th best out of every 100 people who took a test. Some people just need to grow up

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:31 am

HowdyYall wrote:
MrAdams wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:

hahaha

I lol'd.

Im always amazed at how someone can cry over making a 168. People are dying like crazy from starvation and diseases all around the world and someone in the U.S is crying about ONLY being the 4th best out of every 100 people who took a test. Some people just need to grow up

Im always amazed at how someone can cry over ___________.

People are dying like crazy from starvation and diseases all around the world and someone in the U.S is crying about ____________________. Some people just need to grow up

plenipotentiary

Postby plenipotentiary » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:42 am

1. Your life is not over.
2. It is normal to be disappointed. Give yourself some time to grieve. Maybe put off your retake until June.

deadpoetnsp

Postby deadpoetnsp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 am

Deleted on request of quoted poster.
Last edited by deadpoetnsp on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:22 am

OP I feel ya. I made 5 unforced errors, so to speak, which brought my score down from what I otherwise expected. It also still stings alittle. But at the same time 168 is nothing to cry about. I got a 168 in June and was really pissed also but then did much betterr, even if not as well as I could have, in October. I'm sure you'll nail the retake, and when you do, it will open many doors for you.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Im always amazed at how someone can cry over ___________.

People are dying like crazy from starvation and diseases all around the world and someone in the U.S is crying about ____________________. Some people just need to grow up

+1

LawLucy

Postby LawLucy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:07 am

prismz wrote:Get off and stay off TLS for a while

GL in Feb

I really agree with this. I banned my useage of TLS until about two weeks ago after retaking the October 2010 LSAT. It is very defeating to get a bad score. pull up your big girl/big boy undies and get to cracking again for the Feb exam, you will feel better. All the info is locked in there and trust me, by the time you take it a second time it will all come out...at least it did for me and I scored higher than the first.

spets

Postby spets » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 am

I'll trade you my score for yours, then that way at least one of us will be happy.

spets

Postby spets » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 am

spets wrote:I'll trade you my score for yours, then that way at least one of us will be happy.

Spoiler: It'll be me.

plenipotentiary

Postby plenipotentiary » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am

spets wrote:
spets wrote:I'll trade you my score for yours, then that way at least one of us will be happy.

It's only fair if you trade GPAs, too.

omninode

Postby omninode » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 am

plenipotentiary wrote:
spets wrote:

It's only fair if you trade GPAs, too.

I'm up for it.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:29 am

deleted upon request 8)
Last edited by James Bond on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 pm

[quote="J
Last edited by yngblkgifted on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 pm

You are totally allowed to still be disappointed over your score. I still am a little sad with my score. That said, I plan to offer help/free tutoring sessions to members of the Pre-Law society at my school and see if I cant teach myself through teaching others. Putting me in a perfect position to rock June!

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:11 pm

I need to not post on TLS when dead tired and whiny.
Over it.

Moments of weakness at 3 am.
Thanks for the useful advice, people.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Now I know why my pre-law adviser told me not to tell my classmates I'm upset with a 161...

Jimminy Crickets, 168 is a good score...

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I got the same score, I know what you mean. Its so borderline lol
If you don't want to retake however then just have a rockin app-from what I've seen on LSN, people with your numbers have gotten into great schools

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”