Advice for a retake?

mediation_86
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 am

Advice for a retake?

Postby mediation_86 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 am

Hey everyone, new to this board.

I pt'd in the high 150's, and got a disappointing score of 151 for the october test. If the factors on test day were the reason for my drop, such as having RC back to back and fatigue, should I retake for December?

Also, should I send in my apps now and apply to schools that fit in my range? or should I wait and get my december score, hopefully around my average of high 150's.

But yet there is always the possibility of getting a score not much higher or dreadfully lower than my current 151. This is why if I end up getting a score relatively close to my current score, would it be more worth it to just apply earlier now to those schools? I prefer to enter the class of fall 2011.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Advice for a retake?

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:24 am

I would submit a few apps at schools where your 151 and GPA give you a decent shot, assuming, of course, that you would be happy to attend those schools. That way you have a backup plan if the Dec LSAT doesn't go well. In the meantime, you should get the rest of your apps together, although I'm not sure if you should submit them prior to getting your Dec score. I know there's a box on each app where you can list future LSAT dates and I want to say that many schools will hold off reviewing your file if you mark this. I'm not entirely sure though.

Just a warning to you OP, people on these boards may give you a lot of grief about pursuing law school with a 151 LSAT. As long as you fully comprehend the risks of attending a lower ranked school, simply ignore their comments. The only person who can make that decision is you. Best of luck.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sanibella, Tazewell and 3 guests