List of hardest LR questions on Oct LSAT?

kpuc

List of hardest LR questions on Oct LSAT?

Postby kpuc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Just wondering what the consensus was on what the hardest LR questions on the Oct LSAT was. It's just weird to me because I seemed to have gotten most of the hard ones right, but made an unusual amount of mistakes in the easy-medium ones.

Feel free to add to the list:

1) Shakespeare
2) Rule of Law
3) Car Thefts
4) Brick Houses
5) Corporation Hiring
6) Barn Owls
7) Antibiotics

arabic06

Re: List of hardest LR questions on Oct LSAT?

Postby arabic06 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Can you please list the type of LR question it was, i.e. strengthen, weaken, flaw, etc.?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 pm

figures I got all of them right except 1 but missed the easy ones. I CANNOT WAIT FOR DECEMBER.

graham5353

Postby graham5353 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

only one that got me was porous shells.. though the CR is obviously correct in hindsight, there is another answer choice that would seem reasonable if the CR wasn't there.

anybody else have trouble with porous shells ?!!

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 am

Sandro777 wrote:figures I got all of them right except 1 but missed the easy ones. I CANNOT WAIT FOR DECEMBER.

+++++++++++++++++
I missed rule of law and Shakespeare.

Other than those two I got every single one discussed on TLS correct.
The other FIVE I missed never even came up for discussion because the consensus was that they were easy. I'm just an idiot haha.
Won't happen again in December :)

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 am

2014 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:figures I got all of them right except 1 but missed the easy ones. I CANNOT WAIT FOR DECEMBER.

+++++++++++++++++
I missed rule of law and Shakespeare.

Other than those two I got every single one discussed on TLS correct.
The other FIVE I missed never even came up for discussion because the consensus was that they were easy. I'm just an idiot haha.
Won't happen again in December :)

Seriously. I felt so confident. My mistakes were so ridiculously amateur it wasnt funny. Like missing #1 on LR1. Or missing what the 2 people would disagree over when it was PLAINLY stated. Or skipping an easy last question to try and get rule of law and some other question wrong. If I had missed most of the hard ones, fine. but i didnt.

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:21 am

(1) How difficult were the strengthen and weaken LR questions :?:

(2) Were there any that involved number flaws :?:

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 am

arabic06 wrote:(1) How difficult were the strengthen and weaken LR questions :?:

Are you that quidnnuc or whatever guy? lol

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 am

I thought Rule of Law was the hardest question. I think I looked at it for roughly the last 5 minutes of that section. However, I was fortunate enough to not miss any LR questions on this test. I didn't do that on any PTs, so it was quite the pleasant surprise (unfortunately I underperformed on both RC and LG to make up the difference).

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 am

I only missed 2 LR on that test... one because I accidentally left it blank, and another question which I haven't seen a single person mention on this board. :| Which I still don't even remember.

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 am

Sandro777 wrote:
arabic06 wrote:(1) How difficult were the strengthen and weaken LR questions :?:

Are you that quidnnuc or whatever guy? lol

Yes, I am. Can you please answer the questions?

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 am

Were the highway LR questions, strengthen or weaken questions? :lol:

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 am

arabic06 wrote:Were the highway LR questions, strengthen or weaken questions? :lol:

I think that was a Justify question.

graham5353

Postby graham5353 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 am

arabic!!!
get over it!!!!

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 am

Can anybody post an explanation to the rule of law question? I have been looking all over and for some reason cannot draw it out.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:18 am

Aro5389 wrote:Can anybody post an explanation to the rule of law question? I have been looking all over and for some reason cannot draw it out.

This one sucked. I thought I answered it, but I guess it was the one I was reading on when I ran out of time, and I would have missed it anyway.

The key to this question is what I think separates the 170+ people from the rest. There are two things you have to keep track of mentally: (1) Diagramming and (2) Finding the Premise/Conclusion. I was good on the first part, however I committed the no-no of forgetting to do #2. This alone, keeps you from falling into the red herring trap the test makers set up apparently for this question.

Not sure we can discuss specifics, so I'll be as general as possible in my approach to getting TCR in my review of the question.

Step 1: Find the conclusion in the stimulus. Diagram it
Step 2: Find the main premise in the stimulus. Diagram that.
Step 3: Now just like any other assumption question, look at the diagram for the premise and see how you get to the diagram for the conclusion.
Step 4: Read the answer choices. One choice clearly sticks out.

The (wrong) way I approached this question on the tst was to find the one element and try to link it, like the prep-guides say. Unfortunately, this got me into trouble, but I ran out of time anyway, so mute point.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 am

Rule of Law I don't think was even near the hardest. Shakespeare I thought was stupid and used outside information and the EKG (Electric) Generators question or something along those lines was IMO the hardest. I still don't understand it. Oh yeah, Strangers was difficult too, got that wrong.

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:17 am

Aro5389 wrote:Can anybody post an explanation to the rule of law question? I have been looking all over and for some reason cannot draw it out.

Go back and re-read Rule of Law and think about it and you will notice that there is unnecessary information in there. If you just diagram it out and try and connect the two things that seem to need connected, you get the wrong answer. You have to focus only on what it is asking and those premises that are necessary to figure that out.

That's why I missed it, I automatically tried to include all premises and it threw me off.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 pm

2014 wrote:

Go back and re-read Rule of Law and think about it and you will notice that there is unnecessary information in there. If you just diagram it out and try and connect the two things that seem to need connected, you get the wrong answer. You have to focus only on what it is asking and those premises that are necessary to figure that out.

That's why I missed it, I automatically tried to include all premises and it threw me off.

One of the only things I remember fairly vividly from the October LSAT is the "ah-ha" moment I had when I realized there was irrelevant information in that question.

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 am

DrackedaryMaster wrote:

This one sucked. I thought I answered it, but I guess it was the one I was reading on when I ran out of time, and I would have missed it anyway.

The key to this question is what I think separates the 170+ people from the rest. There are two things you have to keep track of mentally: (1) Diagramming and (2) Finding the Premise/Conclusion. I was good on the first part, however I committed the no-no of forgetting to do #2. This alone, keeps you from falling into the red herring trap the test makers set up apparently for this question.

Not sure we can discuss specifics, so I'll be as general as possible in my approach to getting TCR in my review of the question.

Step 1: Find the conclusion in the stimulus. Diagram it
Step 2: Find the main premise in the stimulus. Diagram that.
Step 3: Now just like any other assumption question, look at the diagram for the premise and see how you get to the diagram for the conclusion.
Step 4: Read the answer choices. One choice clearly sticks out.

The (wrong) way I approached this question on the tst was to find the one element and try to link it, like the prep-guides say. Unfortunately, this got me into trouble, but I ran out of time anyway, so mute point.
Ah thanks. Pretty sure I went about it the right way after reading this post.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 pm

graham5353 wrote:only one that got me was porous shells.. though the CR is obviously correct in hindsight, there is another answer choice that would seem reasonable if the CR wasn't there.

anybody else have trouble with porous shells ?!!

No. I thought that was obvious. However, it's all relative. The questions I got wrong were all give-away questions according to others.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:24 pm

i hate you oct 2010 LR!!! damn you to hell!!!

i haven't looked at the actual test yet. -13 makes me too angry.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”