1 Month Left. Haven't learned LG Yet.

guinness

1 Month Left. Haven't learned LG Yet.

Postby guinness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:13 am

I'm 5 weeks out from the Dec LSAT and have scored 161, 159, and 162 on my latest PTs.

My latest test where I got a 162, I receieved a -8 on LG (my worst section). The only work I have done on these
are following the instructor during my PS Online class. No real effort expended learning the games.

Last week, I worked through the first 100 pages of the LG Bible and can already tell its going to be a big help.

I feel fairly strong on both RC and LR since I have been studying them since September, but would really like to focus
on LG since I think the biggest improvement could come from there.

How should I schedule my time left to:

1) Make the biggest strides in LG
2) Retain my current ability at LR / RC
3) Train my test endurance to max capacity

I have both the LG Bible and LG Workbook from PS.

Guinness

homestyle28

Re: 1 Month Left. Haven't learned LG Yet.

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 am

guinness wrote:I'm 5 weeks out from the Dec LSAT and have scored 161, 159, and 162 on my latest PTs.

My latest test where I got a 162, I receieved a -8 on LG (my worst section). The only work I have done on these
are following the instructor during my PS Online class. No real effort expended learning the games.

Last week, I worked through the first 100 pages of the LG Bible and can already tell its going to be a big help.

I feel fairly strong on both RC and LR since I have been studying them since September, but would really like to focus
on LG since I think the biggest improvement could come from there.

How should I schedule my time left to:

1) Make the biggest strides in LG
2) Retain my current ability at LR / RC
3) Train my test endurance to max capacity

I have both the LG Bible and LG Workbook from PS.

Guinness

1. Do lots and lots and lots of LG sections. At least 2 full sections from practice tests/day. Analyze the one's you miss.
2. Take 2 full PT's a week. And read higher level casual stuff (WSJ, NYT, etc).
3. Don't overrate this. Test endurance isn't about "training" it's about how you sleep and eat the days leading up to the test.

jets098

Re: 1 Month Left. Haven't learned LG Yet.

Postby jets098 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 am

I took the October LSAT after scoring consistently between 162-167 on practice tests and found that logic games were my undoing on the test. I usually scored between -3 and -5 on games in practice and I scored -8 on the October LSAT. This was partly to do with the fact that I misdiagrammed the last game and had to go back a few questions in when I realized it. However, I think the most important part of this test is becoming so comfortable with logic games that there is no fear that you will mis-diagram of screw it up. I am going to spend the majority of my time before the test on logic games because I am confident that if I score -3 on that section I can rise my score from the 159 in October to over 165.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”