wthell do i do?!?!

wthell do i do?!?!

Postby sangr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 am

Hey guys..so ive been at this LSAT studying thing for a longass time..registered for june originally but delayed to october.

I had been PTin in the lower 170s my last 3 or so tests..but then the last week I got a serious anxiety and the last week leading up tot he LSAT was basically super stress..symptoms including fast beating heart...etc...and this happpened the whole week b/c i was AFRAID that this would happen to me on the test..basically i screwed myself up worrying about being nervous on test day...and i dint study at all the last week and went thru lots of emotional stress ( it was not warranted at all, but i still was stressed anyways)

So i have my score of 165 now...definetely not the score someone would want for wanting to go into t-14..

now heres the biggest problem, i already registered for DEC LSAT. however starting from the week when I started stressin out.my eye sight started getting scrwed up..basically its really tiring or overwhelming for my eyes to focus on somethign for a long time. i dunno wthell is wrong with me but im going to go to the doctor.. Basically I cant even study or see the words on the test for a long period of time..it doesnt help that i have to look at the computer for PS info and application info.

I guess this is a question i should ask mmyself more than others but..how should i go about this?

I'd preferrably take this in February..to wait and see how my eyesights gonna be..and apply next cycle but I already took a cycle off. thats a lotta time. However If i could nail a 170+ it would be worth it for me.

My main problem is my eyesight..i cant use 100 focus on the test....however im wondering if i can man up for the DEC test and somehow do better..which it seems the odds are not exactly in my favor.. especially b/c i need to use my eyes for apps..if i apply this cycle.

so should i man up and try to take this in dec? or wait?

Re: wthell do i do?!?!

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 am

Go to a doctor.

Postby neonx » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Go to a doctor.

LOL. So good.

Postby EngineeringLawyer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:40 am

Seriously, go to a dr (more than one actually), if you're getting this worked up about the LSAT, 1L year will not be any better and you need to get your anxiety and eyesight under control to succeed there. Delaying applications for next year seems like your best choice because you're going to need the time to put yourself together for yourself before you can be worth anything in law school.

Postby mala2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:03 am

If you have some kind of medical problem you might be able to get more time on the LSAT

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 am

mala2 wrote:If you have some kind of medical problem you might be able to get more time on the LSAT

The LSAT is probably the hardest exam to get accommodations for so I wouldn't suggest the OP go this route.

@OP: Definitely see a doctor about this. This test is way too important to just "man up" and take it knowing that you will probably score lower than your potential.

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MrAdams » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:46 am

Honestly mate, you should go to an optometrist. I am having the same problem regarding keeping my eyes focused, so I went to the local D&A and turns out I am short sighted (although I have had an inkling that this was the case for a year or so). Now I am getting glasses on Thursday; not too happy about it but this test is important. With so little time to go before the Dec sit, I really think it'll be worth it for you to at least get an eye test to make sure you can get all the quality revision you need.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”