dumbfounded to see my score... IDK WTF happened

DoctorLaw

dumbfounded to see my score... IDK WTF happened

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

So heres the deal, I went into take the october test and was somewhat ready for it because I was scoring in the low 150s in the pretests and that what i only wanted to break 150 and see myself in a decent law school, I don't have big expectations like many here with 160s and 170s.. cuz I don't think I will ever reach that high...

So I checked my score today cuz I had a hold on my record and when I did... I was just disgusted cuz It can't go that down... Like its no F&*^@ possible that can happen...

now I feel like emerging my head under water until i stop breathing because I dont think I want to take the test again in december, and apply for the fall 2011 semester...

SO the finest TLS'ers what do you suggest... My friends are calming me down and not loose Hope... and I am getting more and more pissed off considering my friends are already in their first year of Law school And i am stuck with test still....

on the side note, this is my first test and now i have a really low score.... I just woke up from a nap thinking about how can this even happen... Maybe its a misbubble or maybe it wasnt scored correctly..

How can I appeal for re-score for the test and my pdf for my answer sheet isnt showing me what i have gotten wrong..

HELPPPPP NEED MOTIVATION TO STAY IN THE GAME.

or else I am moving back to my country because this isn't for me and I am a failure... :'(

Edit: So I am looking at my response sheet and I have mis bubbled one whole section.......... and The game section That i did better wasn't counted........
Last edited by DoctorLaw on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UMiamiCane

Re: dumbfounded to see my score... IDK WTF happened

Postby UMiamiCane » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm new here, and just took the LSAT for the first time. I'm sure others will have better advice, but what I would do first is evaluate what went wrong. Print out your answer sheet and the test questions and review your test. You'll be able to see if it was a missed bubble or if you just need to improve on a certain area, etc. Once you know what went wrong, you'll be able to fix it. Don't give up just yet! You can always take the test again. Good luck!

edited to add: Just realized you said the PDF with the answer sheet isn't showing up, is the one with the correct answers showing up, or any of them?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 pm

If a score so low you don't even mention the number doesn't motivate you, I'm not sure what will.

Just ask the New Orleans Saints if they were motivated and fired up to play the Steelers after having been beaten like they stole something by the Browns.

Doctor Law: Let me introduce you to your own personal Cleveland Browns. It's October's LSAT. You gonna' let Cleveland of all cities hold you down or you gonna' train, practice, and dominate in your next game?

/sports metaphor

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey Cleveland is a nice place when it's not on fire or constantly snowing :(

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

TommyK wrote:If a score so low you don't even mention the number doesn't motivate you, I'm not sure what will.

Just ask the New Orleans Saints if they were motivated and fired up to play the Steelers after having been beaten like they stole something by the Browns.

Doctor Law: Let me introduce you to your own personal Cleveland Browns. It's October's LSAT. You gonna' let Cleveland of all cities hold you down or you gonna' train, practice, and dominate in your next game?

/sports metaphor

Ok Cleveland is NOT a nice place and if I was the Saints I would have felt like OP last Sunday. Seriously.. what the hell..

Actually, it sounds like OP stole the subject of this thread from Drew Brees, "dumbfounded to see my score... IDK WTF happened"

ohlawl

Postby ohlawl » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:29 pm

incompetentia wrote:Hey Cleveland is a nice place when it's not on fire or constantly snowing :(

At least it's not Detroit

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm

ohlawl wrote:
inck wrote:Hey Cleveland is a nice place when it's not on fire or constantly snowing :(

"...we're not Detroit!!!"
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm

ohlawl wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Hey Cleveland is a nice place when it's not on fire or constantly snowing :(

Christ, I knew somebody was going to say that. :lol:

When you have to compare yourself to a town that looks like any post-apocalyptic movie, you know you're in rough shape.

Whoops - I accidentally derailed the thread. Yeah - OP - seriously - motivation should be easy to find. You just need to determine if you want it enough.

relativity

Postby relativity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Same thing happened to me. I have no idea how my score ended up being a full 12 points below my PT average.

At any rate, it's completely useless to focus on it.

Unless you have a 4.0 UGPA, anything below 165 is not going to get you into a LS that will provide opportunity post-graduation.

Either retake (and study your ass off until June next year) to apply ED at a T14 school, or abandon plans (unless you can afford to pay out of pocket and want to help the indigent or push docs).

There is no hope in this process. You must have the numbers. Tell your friends to fuck off until they can be realistic, which is way more helpful than providing bait for your mind to gloss over the no-go status of a low LSAT score.

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm

relativity wrote:Same thing happened to me. I have no idea how my score ended up being a full 12 points below my PT average.

At any rate, it's completely useless to focus on it.

Unless you have a 4.0 UGPA, anything below 165 is not going to get you into a LS that will provide opportunity post-graduation.

Either retake (and study your ass off until June next year) to apply ED at a T14 school, or abandon plans (unless you can afford to pay out of pocket and want to help the indigent or push docs).

There is no hope in this process. You must have the numbers. Tell your friends to fuck off until they can be realistic, which is way more helpful than providing bait for your mind to gloss over the no-go status of a low LSAT score.

Thanks for those wise words... I am realizing rightnow that I went into the testroom for the first time from scoring 150s on my pt and maybe if the same could happen during the test or better...

but reading all these posts of people going in with 165+ pt scores and then either going up or losing few points and still be in the 160 range... Maybe i should've been more realistic.. to first tackle the test and then register for the test...

Rightnow I am registered for the december test and thinking of my score makes me not take it in december and push it off to the next year and hopefully have more time to crack it by then... I guess that would be a better idea but rightnow my concerns lay on having a low score on my record and missing out on the fall 2011 class :( I am in my last semester of college and gwill be done this DEC. I wanted to just take it once and without waiting around go straight in law schools, But I guess now its better to go in with good #s rather then average numbers...

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:36 pm

TommyK wrote:If a score so low you don't even mention the number doesn't motivate you, I'm not sure what will.

/sports metaphor

I dont know much about football but thank you for those wise words, the only reason I am becoming emo is that I lost my chance of seeing myself entering class '11 ... :'(

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:I'm new here, and just took the LSAT for the first time. I'm sure others will have better advice, but what I would do first is evaluate what went wrong. Print out your answer sheet and the test questions and review your test. You'll be able to see if it was a missed bubble or if you just need to improve on a certain area, etc. Once you know what went wrong, you'll be able to fix it. Don't give up just yet! You can always take the test again. Good luck!

edited to add: Just realized you said the PDF with the answer sheet isn't showing up, is the one with the correct answers showing up, or any of them?

Yes I am looking at them now, maybe on my iphone they werent showing up, I will sit down and check both my answer sheet and the credited responses...

although I am registered for the DEC LSAT asweell... the fear of repeating the same thing is setting in, so I dont think I will be ready for the test so maybe I Can move the date to next year... What would u suggest?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Where are you from? And would you be an URM?

You should plan on retaking, but don't do it in December. Take the February test and use the next few months (especially winter break) to crack the books.

Also, is English your first language?

If you're really set on going to law school, keep fighting and nab a score in the high 150s if possible.

Depending on your background, you might be able to grab a significant scholarship to a more regional school.

Law school is an option, don't let the elitists tell you otherwise. But if you're going to be footing the bill you MUST keep the debt way down if you're not going to be in one of the top schools.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:52 pm

DoctorLaw wrote:So heres the deal, I went into take the october test and was somewhat ready for it because I was scoring in the low 150s in the pretests and that what i only wanted to break 150 and see myself in a decent law school, I don't have big expectations like many here with 160s and 170s.. cuz I don't think I will ever reach that high...

What "decent law school" did you see yourself in with a score in the low 150s? You must know that even Top 25 schools are struggling to place their graduates these days, and they would spit on your application even if you hit your goal score.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 pm

I imagine that "decent" meant "ABA accredited." Even the lowest tier of ABA accredited is higher than the non-ABA schools.

In general, if you score a sub-150 on the LSAT, you need to pick yourself up off the floor — where you've been knocked — and study your butt off for the next few months. You're probably looking at a February retake (or June, if your schedule between now and Feb is too busy).

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

tomwatts wrote:I imagine that "decent" meant "ABA accredited." Even the lowest tier of ABA accredited is higher than the non-ABA schools.

In general, if you score a sub-150 on the LSAT, you need to pick yourself up off the floor — where you've been knocked — and study your butt off for the next few months. You're probably looking at a February retake (or June, if your schedule between now and Feb is too busy).

I will be done with UG In december after that I looking for the next Sept/October test to give me enough time to prepare..

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Just quit. Low 152 on a good day isn't even worth trying. That is unless you didn't prepare for the LSAT. In which case you are a dumb ass and you should start studying for Feb right now.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Always loved Desert Fox's tough love. It's like a warm, soft blanket

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Just quit. Low 152 on a good day isn't even worth trying. That is unless you didn't prepare for the LSAT. In which case you are a dumb ass and you should start studying for Feb right now.

Harsh words, but the message is spot-on. If your most ambitious goal is low-150's, it might be time to consider your other options.

relativity

Postby relativity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Just quit. Low 152 on a good day isn't even worth trying. That is unless you didn't prepare for the LSAT. In which case you are a dumb ass and you should start studying for Feb right now.

True. It's like hearing one of your lawyer friends rant about why you should never go into law - as they all recommend.

And if you can't overcome their disappointment in the profession as a whole, then you, too, should not be a lawyer.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:48 pm

I was expecting more harshness. You disappointed me this time.

Mr. T

Postby Mr. T » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 pm

What was the OP's score???

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:53 pm

If you literally misbubbled an entire section, you can always request they hand-score that section. If the mistake is clearly obvious they'll correct for it.

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 pm

minnbills wrote:Where are you from? And would you be an URM?

You should plan on retaking, but don't do it in December. Take the February test and use the next few months (especially winter break) to crack the books.

Also, is English your first language?

If you're really set on going to law school, keep fighting and nab a score in the high 150s if possible.

Depending on your background, you might be able to grab a significant scholarship to a more regional school.

Law school is an option, don't let the elitists tell you otherwise. But if you're going to be footing the bill you MUST keep the debt way down if you're not going to be in one of the top schools.

I am from asia and english is my second language..

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 pm

vanwinkle wrote:If you literally misbubbled an entire section, you can always request they hand-score that section. If the mistake is clearly obvious they'll correct for it.

To my knowledge, I am looking at one question where I bubbled two answers and for that same question I bubbled the answer of the next question, and so on..... So I believe this is my mistake?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”