Dec LSAT: picking up the pace

sudoku

Dec LSAT: picking up the pace

Postby sudoku » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello, all! I prepared thoroughly and extensively for the Oct test, and due to a family emergency literally the night before, couldn't take the test. After all that momentum, I've kept it light the weeks after, and I'm once again stepping up my study game. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I've taken nearly every practice test. How can I maintain the intensity? I plan to retake these PTs, but I fear that aspects will be familiar and I won't reach my peak like I did for the Oct. Are these fears unfounded, and am I worrying over nothing? What advice can you give a guy like me? I was pt'ing consistently between 168-175, and I'd like to use this extra time as an opportunity to increase my scores, but don't how to approach studying with a lack of novel materials.

typ3

Re: Dec LSAT: picking up the pace

Postby typ3 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:35 pm

You don't need novel materials because you missed questions the first time.

Retake the modern tests 30-60 before December.

Don't worry about remembering answers. If you do remember a correct answer go through every answer choice and explain why it is wrong during the test to simulate real testing conditions.

There is a lot to be gained from repeating passages, and games especially.

In fact, I would recommend to people they do 30 PT's twice rather than 60 PT's once.
Most people don't spend the time needed reviewing and dissecting old tests to learn from them.

sudoku

Re: Dec LSAT: picking up the pace

Postby sudoku » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 pm

That is great advice. Thanks a bunch!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”