NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 am

Hi, I asked a similar question in another thread but I guess I'd start a new one. I am really really confused now whether to retake in december or not, my question is, is it possible that I register for December LSAT and ask my target schools (UC Davis/Hastings/Wisconsin) to review my application NOW? Can I just inform the schools by email?? I am not very confident about getting a much higher score in December, but in any case I can't risk the chance of not getting in anywhere, even my target schools, because of late application. I also want to ED at one of my reach schools (UCLA/Minnesota/UIUC), and hopefully if I take the December LSAT as a backup if I get on the waitlist. I just want to know if this is a possible/good strategy at all?? Thanks for your input!

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 pm

No one??

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:33 pm

I don't quite know what your strategy is lol, but I suggest you

1. ED to to school
2. Study hard and take the Dec. test and inform your top schools to please wait for your December scores/inform them that you are taking it

if you don't anticipate doing better then you shouldn't take it. you should be making a serious commitment to studying to do better. you can always do better.

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:12 pm

thanks for your suggestion, my 'strategy' is basically just trying to secure some target schools as soon as possible while I go ahead to take the December test...which is pretty much what you suggested. But is it possible to do so? Are the schools going to know that I register for another test and put my applications on hold? Or is it ok if I don't tell?

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:14 pm

xqhp82 wrote:thanks for your suggestion, my 'strategy' is basically just trying to secure some target schools as soon as possible while I go ahead to take the December test...which is pretty much what you suggested. But is it possible to do so? Are the schools going to know that I register for another test and put my applications on hold? Or is it ok if I don't tell?


It's okay if you don't tell. They probably won't care if they already have another score. Some may hold if they decide that your application isn't quite good enough yet and hold out for a better score on the Dec. test, and the others will put you on hold only if you ask them to hold for Dec. test.

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! (meeting ED deadline)

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:22 pm

ok that's good to know....I've already submitted my application to one target school, a slight reach and ED-ing to UCLA...started to regret a bit for that because I've probably just wasted $87 with my LSAT below 25th and GPA below median (but LSP says I have 30% chance). oh well, the damage is done!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], tracy9524, tuesdayninja and 7 guests