So conflicted-when do you think I should retake?

When should I retake?

February
33%
June
50%
Sept/Oct
17%

Total votes: 6

pppokerface

So conflicted-when do you think I should retake?

Postby pppokerface » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm

edit
Last edited by pppokerface on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesybarite

Re: So conflicted-when do you think I should retake?

Postby thesybarite » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:26 pm

What about December?

The general consensus is that games are learnable; that was definitely my experience. Have you done the Powerscore Bible?

You've excelled in the other sections. I think if I were you I would just crack down for a month on games, and then return to reviewing the other material and re-sit in Dec. A lot of schools don't start rejecting until January it seems on LSN, so a Dec re-take would have less impact on your cycle than the other three options I would think.

Good luck!

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Every test has its pros and cons:

February - may be around Spring semester midterms, but you have winter break to concentrate on LSAT and pound out the PTs
June - right after finals, but you have a good solid month to just focus on LSAT
October - may be around Fall semester midterms, but probably the best administration because of the summer preparation period.
December - nothing good can come of this. Finals and LSAT will rape you mentally, and if you need intense prep and not just refreshers, you will be f'ed.

It depends on your cycle. If you want to start school Fall 2011, you need to retake December. If it can wait, hold off until February. If you are only a junior in college, wait until October.

Hope I helped.

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:16 am

NY is not that bad in the summer. It would also be fine if you signed up extra early and got into a place that has air conditioned rooms. I am sure Columbia/NYU both have air conditioning. I am, by the way, assuming you are in NYC.

Best of luck.

Postby 2014 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:18 am

If you can live in NYC for the summer, you can surely take a test.
June 100% unless you are a student on the quarter system and that would fall during your finals. That leaves Septober for a round 3 if you need it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”