How do I verify that my Oct results are correct?

Redurgam

How do I verify that my Oct results are correct?

Postby Redurgam » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

I took the October test in London. From the LSAC website, it sounds like I will only see a score on my IRR and nothing else, no responses or questions credited. What do I have to do to be able to simply verify my answers like everyone else gets to? I scored lower than I expected and realize that the test is most likely properly scored. I just want to verify no mistakes were made. Call LSAC on Monday? I was hoping someone might know here on TLS.

NovusHomo

Re: How do I verify that my Oct results are correct?

Postby NovusHomo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:45 pm

I am in the same situation -- the item response sheet is blank. Perhaps, we could get some kind soul to PM us a list of the answers by section? e.g. LG: A, D, C, A...

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:49 pm

NovusHomo wrote:I am in the same situation -- the item response sheet is blank. Perhaps, we could get some kind soul to PM us a list of the answers by section? e.g. LG: A, D, C, A...

Did u guys sign anything saying that you understand that youre not entitled to the full IRR as an international test taker?

Redurgam

Postby Redurgam » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm sure I did sign something. As they had me there "by the balls" so to speak, I didn't really have any choice if I wanted to not throw away 5 months of prep. Regardless of whether I get details on my IRR online I should still be able to verify in some way that the scoring was correct, whether that means finding my sheet of paper if it is still here in London or getting LSAC to send me something. As it is, there is no way to prove, at all, that the score I got wasn't just randomly generated.

lsatter

Postby lsatter » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:33 pm

We took an undisclosed test in London - this was heavily labelled. We never get to see the score report, or the questions. The test was different, so anyone who did the north America test had different qs, different answers, different scale. Our scores may be random - we cannot prove otherwise.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsatter

Postby lsatter » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:48 pm

Hehe - sorry, to be clear, I was being heavily sarcastic in that last comment. But the point I was making stands - there is no way to be sure. You cannot check, you cannot challenge. For all intents and purposes, the number may as well have come from speed records, or something - if you agree to take an undisclosed test, you agree to never again see the questions, or your answers. This eliminates any ability to challenge, or verify the score in the same way that disclosed tests can be. This was made very clear before the test was taken.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”