Oct test screwed up everythinggg help!

agora139

Oct test screwed up everythinggg help!

Postby agora139 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm

So I was scoring in the 171-175 range on the 6 PTs that I took in September/October before the Oct 9 LSAT, took it, didn't feel terrible about it, but just got my score as 167 -- everything was on the low side of normal for me (-3RC, -3LR1, -1LR2) except for the logic games, the last one of which I clearly diagrammed wrong and missed all of to give me a -7 (my PT average was 0-3 on LG). My GPA is 3.5 from an Ivy and I have a GPA addendum prepared (intense family issues freshman year). I signed up for the December test, but should I go ahead and submit my apps now even though I reallllly need the December score? or just wait til January? ALsooo should I write an addendum for this LSAT--167 is still 95th percentile, and I don't even know what else I would say...alsoooo I'm really super bummed about my score, I practiced forever and really felt good, anyone have advice as to where to go from here in terms of preparing for the December test? I'm not sure what else to do!

typ3

Re: Oct test screwed up everythinggg help!

Postby typ3 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 pm

6 PT's is practicing forever?

Sounds like you didn't have as well of a grasp of the test as you could have and nerves took over on the test.

Take 15 or so PT's before December.

Retake and apply with a better score.

Getting 3 points better will help you a lot more than being in early. Just write an addy if you improve your score saying you were sick during the test.

agora139

Postby agora139 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks, thanks.
I took a Testmasters course that began in July and worked through every bit of homework and practice test available through them, including June 2010 (which they claim is every real LSAT question released/available). Another question: should I continue with real LSATs if I have seen all the questions before? I don't want to inflate my PTs and set myself up for dissapointment again...

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm

agora139 wrote:Thanks, thanks.
I took a Testmasters course that began in July and worked through every bit of homework and practice test available through them, including June 2010 (which they claim is every real LSAT question released/available). Another question: should I continue with real LSATs if I have seen all the questions before? I don't want to inflate my PTs and set myself up for dissapointment again...

there are more than 6 decent PTs for you to work through before you run out of material lol.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

I think she's saying that she has taken ALL the available PT's, and scored as mentioned on the last 6 she took prior to the exam, not that she has only taken 6 in total.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I think she's saying that she has taken ALL the available PT's, and scored as mentioned on the last 6 she took prior to the exam, not that she has only taken 6 in total.

oh wow, thats some hardcore dedication then. if she's taken THAT many, esp. timed, she should be prepared. maybe this test was a fluke? review and retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”