Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Last edited by Colorado10 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hedwig

Re: But you said the Oct. Test was Easy

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm

LOL my gut was a trickster, jsyk.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:41 pm

I did alright on the test. However, the section that I felt worst about (reading comp. owned me) I usually average 2-4 wrong but I got an Abysmal -11. Thankfully my other sections came through and I ended with a respectable score of 158.

P.S. I felt the other sections were easier except for the first LR where i did well but not great.

padthai

Postby padthai » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Last edited by padthai on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Well, I was willing to bet money it was a -11 or a -12 curve and apparently I was correct on both occasions as a -11 or a -12 produces a 170.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Colorado10 wrote:I'm shocked to find such stark difference in people's reaction today (and yesterday) as compared to the day they took the test.

Of course, TLS users as a group is very highly self-selective etc, but I wonder how those of you who had found the test "easy" (i.e. felt really great after the test) actually do?

I'm asking this because I would like to know if there's any truth to the gut feeling you have right after the test, and whether you should rely on it.

Thanks! :D

I felt unsure after the exam. I felt like I could have blown it huge, or I could have landed the 178. In the end, it came somewhere in the middle at a 170, which for me, was somewhat bellow expectations/hopes. But now that I reflect back that's probably how I felt coming out of the exam. Not great for me, but not bad for me, somewhere in the middle and that's what happened.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:46 pm

I was really angry after leaving the test center because I left 3 unbubbled on the last LG section. But thinking about the first three sections, I realized I probably missed 5 max on those so I'd still probably get 170+. I conservatively guessed 172, but considered my range to be 166-179. Got a 174.

gerbal

Postby gerbal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:47 pm

I thought the RC and LG were definitely easier than most PTs I've taken. The LR was trickier imo, but I was surprised to see a -12 curve to be honest.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Colorado10 wrote:I'm shocked to find such stark difference in people's reaction today (and yesterday) as compared to the day they took the test.

Of course, TLS users as a group is very highly self-selective etc, but I wonder how those of you who had found the test "easy" (i.e. felt really great after the test) actually do?

I'm asking this because I would like to know if there's any truth to the gut feeling you have right after the test, and whether you should rely on it.

Thanks! :D

Where in Colorado? (I'm from CO too, and there aren't many of us on here...)

I came out of the test feeling the same as I did after the practice tests I'd taken. I scored right in the middle of my PT score range.

Emeth!

Postby Emeth! » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:52 pm

I left feeling great (amazing great)

I wanted to cry in June (landed a disapointing 160) and wanted to sing in October (landed a beautiful 170)

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 pm

To a certain extent, you can improve the accuracy of your post-test predictions. Before grading a PT, I sketched out a little chart with my predictions for each section, and I could usually come pretty close to guessing my raw score. On test day, I did the same thing in the last 5 min of the writing sample and guessed a raw score of -12. My actual ended up -10. Although in the days after the exam, TLS had me convinced that I missed 20!

OP the more PTs you take, the more accurate your gut feeling will be.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:01 pm

The Gentleman wrote:To a certain extent, you can improve the accuracy of your post-test predictions. Before grading a PT, I sketched out a little chart with my predictions for each section, and I could usually come pretty close to guessing my raw score. On test day, I did the same thing in the last 5 min of the writing sample and guessed a raw score of -12. My actual ended up -10. Although in the days after the exam, TLS had me convinced that I missed 20!

Not to mention, the less time you spend on TLS afterwards, the more accurate your gut feeling will be.

padthai

Postby padthai » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm

eit wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:To a certain extent, you can improve the accuracy of your post-test predictions. Before grading a PT, I sketched out a little chart with my predictions for each section, and I could usually come pretty close to guessing my raw score. On test day, I did the same thing in the last 5 min of the writing sample and guessed a raw score of -12. My actual ended up -10. Although in the days after the exam, TLS had me convinced that I missed 20!

Not to mention, the less time you spend on TLS afterwards, the more accurate your gut feeling will be.

SO TRUE. Reading TLS posts makes your expectation drop by at least 5 pts

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:06 pm

I was one who thought it was easy. RC is normally my worst section, but I did much worse this time around then I normally do. I thought the adrenaline at the beginning of the test pushed me through it and allowed me to do well but it looks like it may have caused some stupid mistakes. I also missed two really dumb mistakes on LG when I have almost never mssed an LG question in my life. All in all, I ended up 1 point below my initial goal, and about 3-4 below what I expected after test day.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I thought the LG was easy and blew through it in 26 mins. Ended up getting -0, so I guess that was pretty accurate. I knew I screwed up on RC and got -8, so again, worse than I thought, but pretty accurate. On LR I missed -2 total and I am still in shock over that miracle.

rmyoung79

Postby rmyoung79 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Dude, I didn't sleep at all the night prior to the test, had a terrible morning, and made a bad go of the whole business. I left feeling like I got a 164-165 (barring divine intervention), and felt like that all the way up until about two hours ago when I got my results and, lo and behold....I got a 165. I have to retake it, of course. The point is, your intuition is pretty on-point, if you have a stable relationship with your ego. Take it easy.

anstud06

Postby anstud06 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm

rmyoung79 wrote:Dude, I didn't sleep at all the night prior to the test, had a terrible morning, and made a bad go of the whole business. I left feeling like I got a 164-165 (barring divine intervention), and felt like that all the way up until about two hours ago when I got my results and, lo and behold....I got a 165. I have to retake it, of course. The point is, your intuition is pretty on-point, if you have a stable relationship with your ego. Take it easy.

This is so true. I think for the plurality of people, their actual scores are within 3 points of their intuition leaving the test room. This should be true of anyone who has a stable relationship with his/her ago. If you don't fall in that group, I'd love to play poker with you.

danields

Postby danields » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:29 pm

177. I thought I had blown the lg section. I was right but I ended up not missing a LR or RC question.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 pm

I scored around where I expected to score, one point lower. The problem is though that my section scores are all over the place. I was predicting -4 RC, got -1. Predicted -0 LG, got -5.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”