Score Addendum Add it for illness???

lsat1000

Score Addendum Add it for illness???

Postby lsat1000 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 am

Due to extenuating circumstances I believe that my first LSAT score is more indicative of my performance on the test than my second. On the first test I scored a 158, but on the second I scored a 152. While not a large drop, I was still stunned when I received this score, because my academic performance has been much better than this. Yet it should not have come as too big a surprise because I was sick with the flu when I took the second test. Due to “not being fully there” it took me longer to read the passages and infer the rules. During the first test I was not sick and was better able to focus on the exam.

Does that sound good? Should I include it

BeachedBrit

Re: Score Addendum Add it for illness???

Postby BeachedBrit » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

No, try: Due to being ill with the flu when I took the LSAT for the second time on _____ I believe that my first LSAT score of ____ on ______ was more indicative of my ability. I hope that you will take this in to consideration when reviewing my application.

T6Hopeful

Re: Score Addendum Add it for illness???

Postby T6Hopeful » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 pm

I agree, you want it to be as SHORT as possible. Cut the wordiness; you do want to stay polite, but in a concise manner and explaining facts WITHOUT qualifiers.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”