You didn't do THIS bad

PinkFloydPerson

You didn't do THIS bad

Postby PinkFloydPerson » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:15 am

I was practicing 162-164 on the first 15,167 to 170 on the last 15 (PTs).

I scored...

haha...

MINUS alot. I covered the screen, right to left, saw the low percentile first. Now at this point I was feeling pretty odd.
Is that even right? WTF? I'm gonna need to see those PDF's to confirm. But to be fair I ran out of time / guessed frequently / was super distracted during the test (I don't even know if I read the RC's at all?)

The good news is, I have no doubts I will do better on the next one.
Last edited by PinkFloydPerson on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamingara

Re: You didn't do THIS bad

Postby dreamingara » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 am

Dude..so sorry.
I feel the pain.
I scored a whopping 10 points lower than my expectation.

We must prevail. learn from mistakes and do better next time.
I just registered for december...and i don't care how..i'm going to make sure that I get a satisfactory score.

PinkFloydPerson

Postby PinkFloydPerson » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:40 am

that's the spirit. I'm not too worried, I just needed to take it once. I'm sure we will be fine.

CurlyKat

Postby CurlyKat » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:57 am

I'm so sorry, that really sucks!
I scored my lowest PT score.. December, here we come!

albanach

Postby albanach » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 am

Running out of time will do it. Of course, there's always the possibility of misbubbling too.

If you're looking for a positive to take from it, if you can score up where your recent PTs were, it should be fairly easy to convince schools it was an anomaly based on the huge jump.

mrvinyl007

Postby mrvinyl007 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 am

Though I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I'm also glad I'm not the only one. I was also practice testing in the lower to mid 160's for at least a month before the October test. I ended up with a 149 in the percentile. The only thing for me that distracted me on this test was that two days before this I had to put my dog of 16 years down, which definitely affected me. Though I thought I was fine for the test, i guess I wasn't, otherwise I would of cancelled.

Are you thinking about retaking in December or waiting for Feb. or June and waiting a year to go into law school? I'm thinking about just waiting until June so I can really focus on it and possibly do much better then my practice tests were this last time around.

PinkFloydPerson

Postby PinkFloydPerson » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Good question. What do you think? I can't figure it out. I want to say december, after I broke the ice from the first take, i'll be fine for the second.

mrvinyl007

Postby mrvinyl007 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 pm

The biggest pro for taking it in December is that you can still apply for 2011 admission. However, the test is only 40 days away and you wouldn't get your score until January 10th. Which to me is pretty late in the cycle. By waiting to take it in February or June, you not only give yourself more time to study and possibly even increase your scores to something much better (like the 170's), it will allow you to apply the earliest for next year's cycle. The only con with this being that you would have to wait another year.

slax

Postby slax » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:10 pm

I searched LSAT on twitter, and someone came up who was bragging about a 129. You didn't do that bad!

mlee85

Postby mlee85 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:28 pm

i got -13.

on one section. could not be worse than that.

mrvinyl007

Postby mrvinyl007 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:31 am

I'm sort of embarrassed to say this but I got a -15 on the RC section. A -15! My average, consistently for months was -7, at the most. My LG was at -5 too, which was almost always at a -1 or -2. And with my LR, well I was never really able to get the hang of it fully, so I wasn't really surprised there.

But I'm starting to think that maybe a December retake is feasible. I'm going to work on a few PT's I never got to and see exactly where I'm at. If I'm not practice testing where I was a month or so ago, then I'm going to wait for next year to take it again and apply for Fall 2012 admissions. I think we only have a week to register for the December LSAT before the late fee kicks in. Good luck to all that are retaking in December though!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”