So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby Confused7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:30 am

So I just got my first LSAT score, and although I am not *thrilled* I am definitely relieved. At this point I'm just trying to decide if I should apply to law schools this semester or next year. An option I was thinking of was to apply to the schools I really want this semester (hopefully EDing one of them) and take the Feb LSAT if I don't end up getting in. But is this even an option?? I've heard that if you're signed up for an LSAT, law schools don't even look at your application until you've taken that LSAT. Any words of advice from experienced LSAT takers and applicants?

Thanks in advance! =D

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby keg411 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:54 am

Hi, I'm a poster from last cycle. I would suggest to apply next year if you don't want to do a re-take until February. Unless you are re-taking solely to get money at your target schools, all an improved February score will give you is WL's because the classes will likely be filled by the time they get to your apps. I did the Sept --> Feb last year and that's what happened to me.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby Confused7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Thanks for the info, Keg! So you're saying that if I'm signed up for the Feb test, law schools WILL wait until they get that score? I'm okay with them evaluating me on the October 2010 score...I just want to retake in Feb in case I don't get into the schools I want this cycle. I guess we won't find out decisions by then anyway though, right?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

ckdgusdl88
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby ckdgusdl88 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:43 pm

I am on the exactly the same situation.
The registration deadline for Feb test is in January, and if I apply this week schools would have reached decisions before I even registered for the Feb test. Right?

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby Confused7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:07 pm

That's what I'm hoping for. But it's not certain that they'll give you a decision so early...since "by April" is usually the deadline for law schools...at least that's what I'm thinking. Even if you apply ED, the waitlist is still a possibility. Sorry to sound pessimistic. I'm wondering the exact same things you are, and just hoping that someone can give more information.

ckdgusdl88
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby ckdgusdl88 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Exactly.
But if you send your app to schools in November without having registered for the Feb LSAT and hold off registering until January, wouldn't the AdComs have at least read your app and done atleast a preliminary evaluation by the time you register for Feb LSAT? Many schools don't even take the Feb LSAT, so I'm not sure if they will wait for it even if they found out you are signed up for Feb LSAT.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: So if I apply now AND register for Feb LSAT...

Postby Confused7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:28 pm

All of this is true. Hmm...anyone else have thoughts? There's a lot more "views" to this thread than answers so this question's gotta be relevant to other peeps too. :)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, kindofcanuck and 14 guests