I don't like this new model of score distribution

JurisDoctorate

I don't like this new model of score distribution

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

I feel the PDF's should be attached at the same time. While I was happy to get the score, I'm eager to see the PDF's. Like others who bombed, I just really want to see how I got the score I got.

At first, it was just painful but now it's downright stupefying.

Even with a -10 curve, I had to have done the worst I've ever done on any RC, any LG and an extra four lower on LR. I am fine with that, I just want to see if it was a mis-bubbling problem.

Claudius

Re: I don't like this new model of score distribution

Postby Claudius » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 am

They may have just been rushing to meet some internal goal. The scores appear to have been released unusually late. In June not all of the PDF links worked when the scores were released around 3.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 am

Oh, is that right? It was my understanding that the PDF section was actually updated before scores were given - in most cases.

chalhou1

Postby chalhou1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:29 am

when do you think the score reports will be released?

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:34 am

I haven't the foggiest, but I am just in disbelief that I had such an unusual (for me) score.

I'd love to see if there's a mis-bubbling issue.

danicalifornia

Postby danicalifornia » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 am

what happens if there is a mis-bubbling issue? can you get a higher score if they hand score it?

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 am

danicalifornia wrote:what happens if there is a mis-bubbling issue? can you get a higher score if they hand score it?

I thought I heard that you can't; that the only possible advantage of hand scoring is with erasures.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 am

if there is a good indicator that you had a definate mis bubble, then they will add it. this will be if you did fine on all of the other sections ( lets say -3) then had an epic string of 8 questions in a row wrong, but only off by 1 answer. then they will adjust your score accordingly. ( i called the lsat lady when i had a panic attack about a mis bubble)

if there is no clear string of wrong answers, then it wont help you. It wont hurt you, but you will have to pay extra for it

Claudius

Postby Claudius » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 am

JurisDoctorate wrote:Oh, is that right? It was my understanding that the PDF section was actually updated before scores were given - in most cases.

In June the icons did turn grey before the scores were released. They just didn't all work for several hours. I was in the first batch of updates and there was all sorts of conversion scale confusion on here.

Mass9

Postby Mass9 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 am

Did anyone retake, receive the same score as they did before and not receive an email?

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:16 am

Man, I was trying to fall asleep but I'm so interested in my amount of incorrect responses.

I am in disbelief that I would have done even worse than my cold diagnostic, especially when I got most of the difficult LR questions we've all been debating.

I just can't even fathom getting a -14 on LR combined, when I've never even had below a -11 and my average was -7.

I am excited to see those PDF's.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”