For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lennonist » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 pm

A specific support thread for us. Can be also called the 'WTF happened' thread.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby kkklick » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Theres too many, I just saw someone who practiced 165-170 get a 150 something, that should never happen unless a misbubble or a panic attack. I'm so fucking nervous

danicalifornia
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby danicalifornia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 pm

hi there.

can we all have massive study tip exchanges for december?

User avatar
journo52
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby journo52 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Ugh... PT'ing in the 160's and somehow pulled out a 149. Lest PT was a 158. Highest was a 172. I mean jesus I would take a 158 right now, ugh ugh ugh,.

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lilliea » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I think what's bothering me the most about this is that I don't know where I went wrong. Not having the pdfs up is driving me insane, since there's no way of checking anything.

Other than mis-bubbling, any idea where you guys screwed up?

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lennonist » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 pm

that must have been me.... i was getting upper 160s, with 175, 170, 171 on the 2 last weeks before the exam (PT average 167). All recent tests. Timed. what did i get: a 158. Fucking pathetic. Don't want to write my PS, don't want to apply. Want to get my pdf, review, ask for a hand-grade if necessary.

Hope luck will be on your side, man.

wjun15
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby wjun15 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 pm

i dont know what happened i think i misbubbled or some shit. FML

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 pm

:( i pulled a 158. I felt so good. I think I may have Fed up the games.

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 pm

lennonist wrote:that must have been me.... i was getting upper 160s, with 175, 170, 171 on the 2 last weeks before the exam (PT average 167). All recent tests. Timed. what did i get: a 158. Fucking pathetic. Don't want to write my PS, don't want to apply. Want to get my pdf, review, ask for a hand-grade if necessary.

Hope luck will be on your side, man.



will they rescore it by hand if you ask?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby northwood » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:41 pm

pulled a 158 as well... have a sneaky feeling RC got me

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lennonist » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Korlath wrote::( i pulled a 158. I felt so good. I think I may have Fed up the games.


you read my mind! i was about to say...there is no way we got -0/-1 (what i got for a month before the exam!) on LG

Smth went terribly wrong and misreading an LG is the easiest way to eff up a test. By the way, i felt sooooo good after the test...i was so happy it felt like a 173.

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm

gah I don't feel like doing anything. I feel like crawling in a hole and just...disappear. I'm URM with a 3.09. All I want is to be able to get into UC Davis. This is my third time taking it. I'm gonna plead for them to give me a chance to take it a 4th time. I know I can do better.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lilliea » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm

161. In my case, I think it was the LG and probably one of the LR, seeing as how I had three of them :(

JurisDoctorate
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby JurisDoctorate » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 pm

So, if we see there is a discrepancy on our PDF's, then we ask for a hand-grade; or do we just ask for one without knowing if it'd help?

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 pm

lennonist wrote:
Korlath wrote::( i pulled a 158. I felt so good. I think I may have Fed up the games.


you read my mind! i was about to say...there is no way we got -0/-1 (what i got for a month before the exam!) on LG

Smth went terribly wrong and misreading an LG is the easiest way to eff up a test. By the way, i felt sooooo good after the test...i was so happy it felt like a 173.


Yea, I felt like I had at least a 168. I think I might have misdiagramed a rule or something and blew a game!

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:So, if we see there is a discrepancy on our PDF's, then we ask for a hand-grade; or do we just ask for one without knowing if it'd help?



Yea, i'd like an answer for this too...

User avatar
raspberry
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby raspberry » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm

I was consistently scoring 165-170 on PTs, and I ended up with a 152. Totally unexpected and I feel absolutely crushed right now. I'm half dreading the PDFs just in case it wasn't a mis-bubble and I actually missed that many questions.

What's worse is I don't have a LSAC GPA so I feel completely screwed right now.

BeanTownBee
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby BeanTownBee » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 pm

I also bombed it well below my average PT scores. Got a 158 instead of the usual upper-mid 160s.

So I am considering a retake in December, does anybody know if that royally screws up the application process? I was hoping to get my apps in asap after this score release but I think know I can do better than a 158.

Thoughts?

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby lennonist » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:48 pm

This is from LSAC's site re hand-grading:

If you wish to verify or contest the machine scoring of your answer sheet after you have received your LSAT Score Report, you may request a rescoring of your answer sheet by hand. LSAC will not handscore answers recorded in the test book. Requests to handscore your answer sheet must be made in writing and received no later than 60 days after the test date. Send a copy of your LSAT Score Report and a letter that includes

your request for handscoring and your reason for the request;
your name, LSAC account number, and the last four digits of your Social Security or Social Insurance number;
the test date;
the test center name and code number; and
a $42 ($44 CDN plus 7% GST) check or money order payable to LSAC, or the account number and expiration date of your VISA, MasterCard, DISCOVER, or American Express credit card.

Send your request to:

Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
Box 2000-T
Newtown, PA 18940-0995
USA

NOTE: If the handscoring results in a score that is different from the original machine scoring—higher or lower—the revised score will be mailed to you and the law schools to which you apply.

Korlath
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby Korlath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks for that.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby James Bond » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 pm

As I posted in one of the other countless threads identical to this one:

Failures,

Please take this time to consider the mind-numbing aspects of being a lawyer, the entirely unnecessary hours, the fact that there are more students in law school than there are lawyers, this video, the ridiculous debt, the complete lack of hiring, and the fact that you're probably good at something else that doesn't take a fortune to get a degree in, has reasonable hours, might even pay well, and won't have you dying of either suicide or a coke overdose.

So before you go rushing off to pay the LSAC for another round of meaningless testing, self reflect, and realize that 155 might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Love,

Bond

cw2010
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby cw2010 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:09 am

James Bond wrote:As I posted in one of the other countless threads identical to this one:

Failures,

Please take this time to consider the mind-numbing aspects of being a lawyer, the entirely unnecessary hours, the fact that there are more students in law school than there are lawyers, this video, the ridiculous debt, the complete lack of hiring, and the fact that you're probably good at something else that doesn't take a fortune to get a degree in, has reasonable hours, might even pay well, and won't have you dying of either suicide or a coke overdose.

So before you go rushing off to pay the LSAC for another round of meaningless testing, self reflect, and realize that 155 might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Love,

Bond


Even though this is rather pessimistic, you make a good point. It's easy to get so caught up in trying to satisfy your ego with LSAT scores, GPA, etc that it's easy to lose perspective on WHY you're doing what you're doing. I think this is especially true for the competitive types. At the same time, an LSAT score CAN be improved and if someone really wants to study law, this is just a challenge to overcome.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 am

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: For those who scored at least 10 points below PTs on 10/9/10

Postby James Bond » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:19 am

cw2010 wrote:
James Bond wrote:As I posted in one of the other countless threads identical to this one:

Failures,

Please take this time to consider the mind-numbing aspects of being a lawyer, the entirely unnecessary hours, the fact that there are more students in law school than there are lawyers, this video, the ridiculous debt, the complete lack of hiring, and the fact that you're probably good at something else that doesn't take a fortune to get a degree in, has reasonable hours, might even pay well, and won't have you dying of either suicide or a coke overdose.

So before you go rushing off to pay the LSAC for another round of meaningless testing, self reflect, and realize that 155 might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Love,

Bond


Even though this is rather pessimistic, you make a good point. It's easy to get so caught up in trying to satisfy your ego with LSAT scores, GPA, etc that it's easy to lose perspective on WHY you're doing what you're doing. I think this is especially true for the competitive types. At the same time, an LSAT score CAN be improved and if someone really wants to study law, this is just a challenge to overcome.


Don't get me wrong, I didn't say "BY ALL MEANS DON'T BE A FUCKING LAWYER!" I just said this is a great time to self reflect in light of failure, readjust, and adapt if necessary.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Baidu [Spider], qemini1594 and 4 guests