Support thread for those whose Earth has just been shattered Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pugsnotdrugs

New

Re: Support thread for those whose Earth has just been shattered

Post by pugsnotdrugs » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:33 pm

I feel so bad. :(:( Been bawling since I got home.

I just hope the curve was lower or equal to -10 or else I was doing something REALLY WRONG.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 pm

168... again. I was averaging 172 before june, 175 before this bad boy. I felt GREAT leaving the test. I have NO IDEA what happened, I need to see the fucking pdfs (which of course aren't out).

I assume having two 168's is pretty bad compared to one.

Oh well. Time to cut some schools off the top of my list, and add some to the bottom.

Serves me right for going to that session with HLS' dean today.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:40 pm

operaphantom2003 wrote:I don't know what the hell happened on mine....I scored a whole 26 points below my pt's. Not sure if I should retake or just give up all together.
Holy shit, that has to be some kind of crazy misbubble, like maybe you misbubbled an entire section? I don't want to get your hopes up but that might be something that would get corrected with handscoring.

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 pm

diagnostic = 153

pt avg (studied for 4.5 months) = 168-175 (median = 171)

oct 2010 = 157 :(

alrdy signed up for dec 2010

*sigh*
Last edited by tenpenny3 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSU Undergrad

New

Post by LSU Undergrad » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 pm

This was the one hope I had in my life. It's gone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 pm

pt avg 175
score 166

fml, see you in december

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:55 pm

LSU Undergrad wrote:This was the one hope I had in my life. It's gone.
Don't beat yourself up. Whether you retake or choose a different path, you will be okay. Everything finds their path in life despite some bumps in the road.

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 pm

tenpenny3 wrote:diagnostic = 153

pt avg (studied for 4.5 months) = 168-175 (median = 171)

oct 2010 = 157 :(

alrdy signed up for dec 2010

*sigh*
I am so sorry. I am just going to say that this test did not agree with many of us and there is no reason to lose faith. We just have to work hard for these next 6 weeks and then show up in December, ready for anything.

dlbuhr

New

Post by dlbuhr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Original diagnostic-157
Average PT leading up to Oct-169-170
Score-159

Definitely part of this group. Scored 11 points lower than what I was PTing at. I feel terrible. Already started prepping for December. Late application cycle... sigh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 pm

LSU Undergrad wrote:This was the one hope I had in my life. It's gone.
I agree that you shouldn't beat yourself up like that. Many people don't do as well as expected, and some simply don't do well at all. And its so easy to view that as a self-reflection, as if these scores are measures of ourselves. They aren't and you need to remember that. You absolutely will find your niche whether it be in law or something else.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 pm

I think it needs saying that a good majority of people I have seen on this site have extremely high expectations. There is nothing wrong with having high expectations, but not everyone is going to get in the high 160s and 170s and that doesn't mean that you can't go to law school. If law school is really your dream you can make it work with almost any score and it's not the end of the world if you don't get into a T14. I personally have found some WONDERFUL lower ranked schools that will accept my "low" score. Everyone has their definition of what is good and what is bad, but a score of 165+ is not bad in reality outside of this extremely self-selected group of people.

peter844

New

Post by peter844 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 pm

When will PDF's come out

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 pm

peter844 wrote:When will PDF's come out
no one knows, they always come out the same time as score. (until now)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 pm

funny thing is, i'll bet my 2nd and 3rd sections were the worst, i had a cup of coffee that wanted to exit my body very badly throughout those sections!! Lesson learned lol

I had my pity party and feel better now. Just gotta move on and learn from it. Dec 2010 will be my bitch.

expressway

New

Post by expressway » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 pm

With dedication, 6 weeks is time enough to get in some serious prep and to rock the December test. If we can manage the dedication part, I think we have good chances of being much happier with our scores on the retake.

(Right? Please?)

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:16 pm

expressway wrote:With dedication, 6 weeks is time enough to get in some serious prep and to rock the December test. If we can manage the dedication part, I think we have good chances of being much happier with our scores on the retake.

(Right? Please?)
+1

i'm ready to beat this sonofabitch right now

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:16 pm

funny thing is, I feel 6 weeks is a good timeframe for refreshing and dominating, little risk of burn out. much more "forced" studying. (as in little study when its convenient etc (for me atleast I study better with a deadline))

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Failures,

Please take this time to consider the mind-numbing aspects of being a lawyer, the entirely unnecessary hours, the fact that there are more students in law school than there are lawyers, this video, the ridiculous debt, the complete lack of hiring, and the fact that you're probably good at something else that doesn't take a fortune to get a degree in, has reasonable hours, might even pay well, and won't have you dying of either suicide or a coke overdose.

So before you go rushing off to pay the LSAC for another round of meaningless testing, self reflect, and realize that 155 might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Love,

Bond

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 pm

James Bond wrote:Failures,

Please take this time to consider the mind-numbing aspects of being a lawyer, the entirely unnecessary hours, the fact that there are more students in law school than there are lawyers, this video, the ridiculous debt, the complete lack of hiring, and the fact that you're probably good at something else that doesn't take a fortune to get a degree in, has reasonable hours, might even pay well, and won't have you dying of either suicide or a coke overdose.

So before you go rushing off to pay the LSAC for another round of meaningless testing, self reflect, and realize that 155 might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Love,

Bond
+1

Sometimes, when destiny speaks, it's best to listen.

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 pm

eh, one bad test (for those who have only taken it once) doesn't mean failure or a sign. Twice, good chance, Thrice, Yes.

alexanderhamilton

New

Post by alexanderhamilton » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Got a 160 tremendously disappointed I was sure even if I bombed it I wouldn't get lower than a 165, but managed to prove myself wrong spectacularly and not sure what to do now, even if I retake Dec not sure how much it'll go up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

raspberry

New

Post by raspberry » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Diagnostic was 156, I was averaging 165-170 on practice tests.

October score: 152. Seriously hoping I mis-bubbled, I was not expecting this at all.

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:28 pm

dlbuhr wrote:Original diagnostic-157
Average PT leading up to Oct-169-170
Score-159

Definitely part of this group. Scored 11 points lower than what I was PTing at. I feel terrible. Already started prepping for December. Late application cycle... sigh
I'm sorry, I am sure you will rock December's test.
James Bond wrote:Failures,

Love,

Bond
I understand this sentiment and I think it can be true for most. However, in my instance, without law school - I will be relegated to becoming an academic in the social sciences. It's about as tough a market as there is and I do not want to leave my whereabouts. The odds of getting a tenure track professorship, when only applying within only one city, are miniscule. If I get my JD, I will be in a good position to enter the very lucrative and opportunity-filled profession that is legal academia.

I am not going to allow my performance on one test - when I had only taken 3 full PT's and only "studied" for 6 weeks - limit me in my career ambitions.

Again, I understand - and even appreciate - this sentiment; however, those words fall deaf on my ears.

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 pm

raspberry wrote:Diagnostic was 156, I was averaging 165-170 on practice tests.

October score: 152. Seriously hoping I mis-bubbled, I was not expecting this at all.
If I hear about 10-15 more of these stories, I'm going to start doubting the scores until I see the PDFs.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm

diagnostic

october score 158

goal 162+
dont know if I should be happy I made a huge improvement, or mad that I missed my goal by 4 points... Have a funny feeling RC screwed me, but I wont know until the pdf's ar released. Still on the fence about december, even though Im allready signed up

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”