An Online One-on-One Study Buddy for LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kinorkahol

New

An Online One-on-One Study Buddy for LR

Post by kinorkahol » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 pm

I just got to PT 45 and felt the test change significantly. Whereas in previous tests I was used to getting 0-3 wrong on RC, I got an unbelievable 10 wrong in this test! Whereas in previous tests I was used to only finishing 3 out of 4 games, here I finished all 4 (accurately) with plenty of time to spare. LR has always been my worst section, currently due to poor reading (missing little details, picking the wrong one out of two; and, most recently, sleep deprivation), but here, after having improved, I sank back down...

So...what do you think of using an online (non-video) chat program to review why 4 of the answer choices are wrong and 1 is credited in LR? I'm not always sure about my explanation for an answer when I have it down to one or two. Anyone up for a one-on-one question review session from PT 45 and on? We'd go over the questions we had the most trouble explaining.

I'm up for 45 tomorrow night (working full-time).

bartleby

Silver

Re: An Online One-on-One Study Buddy for LR

Post by bartleby » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Are you a guy or a girl? Just kidding.

I have some LR sections from the latest tests where I've typed out a summary of what's important in the stim, and why the right answers are right, and the wrong answers are wrong.

I can email you what I have if you want. 53, 57, 59, 60. I think.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Worst possible time to be making a thread like this.

kinorkahol

New

Post by kinorkahol » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm

kkklick wrote:Worst possible time to be making a thread like this.
Why? Because people who see their score release on Friday and won't like it won't want to think about the test for at least a few days?

kinorkahol

New

Post by kinorkahol » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 pm

bartleby wrote:Are you a guy or a girl? Just kidding.

I have some LR sections from the latest tests where I've typed out a summary of what's important in the stim, and why the right answers are right, and the wrong answers are wrong.

I can email you what I have if you want. 53, 57, 59, 60. I think.
Haha. Girl.

Hmm, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass for now. I'm really more interested in having an active (online) discussion on a test-by-test basis that also forces me to explain answers. However, I'll PM you if I change my mind later and don't forget about my own thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

kinorkahol wrote:
Why? Because people who see their score release on Friday and won't like it won't want to think about the test for at least a few days?
The people who would be willing are probably very concerned about getting their score, and after score release tomorrow this thread will be on page 10.

kinorkahol

New

Post by kinorkahol » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 pm

kkklick wrote:
kinorkahol wrote:
The people who would be willing are probably very concerned about getting their score, and after score release tomorrow this thread will be on page 10.
Hmm...somehow I didn't think that there would be too too many posts, but I am new to this forum. So much for consolidated threads (one for scores, one for thoughts about re-taking, one for general complaining/angst/venting...). Hopefully, I can rely on peoples' curiosity, boredom, procrastination, masochism, or whatever else to keep browsing through the pages. I don't think I'd be able to bump this up by commenting once on Saturday (I haven't paid too much attention to how the forum works)...I can wait a little, though, or make a new post like this later.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 pm

kinorkahol wrote:
kkklick wrote:
kinorkahol wrote:
Hmm...somehow I didn't think that there would be too too many posts, but I am new to this forum. So much for consolidated threads (one for scores, one for thoughts about re-taking, one for complaining...). Hopefully, I can rely on peoples' curiosity, boredom, procrastination, masochism, or whatever else to keep browsing through the pages. I don't think I'd be able to bump this up by commenting once on Saturday (I haven't paid too much attention to how the forum works)...I can wait a little, though, or make a new post like this later.
On any normal day, you are right. But the day of LSAT score release, all bets are off.

Ascend

New

Post by Ascend » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:36 pm

We just need a TLS IRC where everyone can converse at will with whoever's online. Besides, it would give the lurkers a real time connection for flaming everything that someone says :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kinorkahol

New

Post by kinorkahol » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Ascend wrote:We just need a TLS IRC where everyone can converse at will with whoever's online. Besides, it would give the lurkers a real time connection for flaming everything that someone says :)
Haha. *imagines chaos that would result*

Or a TLS chat room a la chatzy. I might actually do this if there are takers.

Ok, back to studying! I've hardly reviewed.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Have you tried taking any PTs 50+? If so, how did you on the RC? I generally go -5 or -6 on RC but I kill LG/LR. I would gladly spend one-on-one messenger time if the chats can be mutually beneficial. (My LR/LG explanations for your RC explanations).

Also, a chat channel would not be a bad idea at all.

cw2010

New

Post by cw2010 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 pm

If I receive a score less than 168 on the Oct 2010 exam, I would be interested in going over some LR questions with explanations. This goes for anyone who wants to review some of these questions, particularly the more challenging ones. Feel free to PM me if interested.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm

cw2010 wrote:If I receive a score less than 168 on the Oct 2010 exam, I would be interested in going over some LR questions with explanations. This goes for anyone who wants to review some of these questions, particularly the more challenging ones. Feel free to PM me if interested.
The print-screen thing is only for 175+, otherwise we're running on the honor system.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cw2010

New

Post by cw2010 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 pm

kkklick wrote:
cw2010 wrote:If I receive a score less than 168 on the Oct 2010 exam, I would be interested in going over some LR questions with explanations. This goes for anyone who wants to review some of these questions, particularly the more challenging ones. Feel free to PM me if interested.
The print-screen thing is only for 175+, otherwise we're running on the honor system.
Lol if I got a 175+, I most definately won't be returning to this forum for quite some time! I'd be excited to just see a 170.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah were you not around for the 3 day aftermath of October 9th? Total shitshow.
I can imagine that tomorrow will be just as comical.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”