Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm

benito wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:No friggin' idea, truly. I PT'd 179/180 7 times and 5 of those times I thought I scored at my average or below... I'm hoping for a 173/174 but I'll take a 172. Realistic prediction? 170 :(



based on that information I think a 170 for you is much more pessimistic than realistic. As long as those PTs were under real testing conditions I think you'll get at least what you hope for. And if I could score your realistic prediction will both be happy!


My PT average, all under realistic conditions (my test room actually ended up being quieter), was a 174... I dunno why I'm feeling a 170 but I am. And I guess that'd be okay. I hope you get your 170 or even better, T14 for both of us!

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby KevinP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 pm

A score of: cancel

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Pessimistic: 170

Optimistic: 180

Realistic: 175

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby Fresh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 pm

I feel like I got right at the low end of my range --> 165 or 166 depending on the curve

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Clint Eastwood- 149

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby Ragged » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Prediction: 177

User avatar
DamnLSAT
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby DamnLSAT » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Prediction: 165

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby legalmindedfella » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:50 pm

177

More likely: whatever 5 wrong is

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 pm

*Preface - I realize that all this topic is asking for is a score, but I found that thinking back through everything and writing it out was helpful for me personally. As I am sure that most of you have no interest in what I've written here, I apologize for wasting space on your screens.*

I've been thinking this through over and over since the ninth.

RC - I'm good at these. I've seriously never missed more than two or three in a section, including my diagnostic. I felt good about the RC on test day so I'll say (-0 to -2).

LR - First section went smoothly, can't imagine I missed more than a couple. Second section came after my second games section, which means I was drained. I actually ended up having to guess on the last one and had no time to run back through my answers. I honestly could be anywhere from (-1 to -6) on these two.

LG - Games have never been my strong suit. On my diagnostic I missed a total of 16 questions, and 11 of them were from games. I've sped up considerably since then, but I still had to guess the last few questions. I seldom miss a question that I have time to do, so I think that my only incorrects here will probably come from the ones I guessed on. Even of those, I noticed that one letter was significantly underrepresented in my answer choices, so I guessed that one for the few I didn't have time to do at the end. Using this strategy before I've managed to nab a few extra points, then again sometimes I don't get any right that way. For this section my final verdict falls somewhere from (-3 to -5).

So, when I total it up it appears I could have missed anywhere from 4 to 13 questions. There's always the slight chance that things could go really well or really poorly and I could miss that window, but I'd say it's probably pretty accurate. I don't know what the curve will be, and people here can't seem to agree. I know a lot of people think that it'll be around -10 or -11, but others are convinced by historical patterns that indicate it'll be closer to -13. I'm hoping for the latter, but I tend to think that the former is more likely.

My score could be anywhere from the mid to upper 170's to the mid to upper 160's. Those of you who are aiming for the top schools know that where I fall within that gap will make all the difference in the world. If I have to pick a single score I'll be slightly pessimistic and pick 170. Honestly though, even a 170 would make me happy in a way. I'll still have one more chance to take the test, and I'll have a score in the bank that can get me into some really outstanding schools.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby jr1886 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Prediction: 162
Actual: ???

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby bergg007 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Score I felt like leaving the test: 175
Score I feel like today: 159
Last LSAT taken: 163
Average PT score taken under real conditions: 173
Prediction: 163

:(

I felt great leaving the test and last time I felt like crap because i'd had to guess on 8-9 questions, this time I got a more favorable test and only had to guess on 1 If my averages are normal for questions that I had to guess on this could mean a seven or eight point jump, plus i'd practiced tons of RC, my weakness, before the test and was doing great on it, this could give mt a five point jump in and of itseld which could legitimately put me at a 170+ but you never know, here's hoping for providence!

User avatar
cinefile 17
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby cinefile 17 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Prediction range 168-171

Actual prediction 169 :(

ohyouknow
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby ohyouknow » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:45 pm

Prediction range: 160-170. Lets go with 160, keep my expectations low.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 pm

RC: Between -2 & -4
LR: Between -9 & -11
LG: Between -5 & -7

Total: Between -16 & -22

So, depending on the scale & what I actually got wrong... 161-167.

A 164 would make me very happy.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:Prediction range 168-171

Actual prediction 169 :(


I think they should just skip 169 in the score table, kinda like how hotels don't have a 13th floor.

bruin10
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby bruin10 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Cautiously Optimistic Prediction: 177
Cautiously Pessimistic Prediction: 176

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm

bruin10 wrote:Cautiously Optimistic Prediction: 177
Cautiously Pessimistic Prediction: 176


Jonesing for the elusive 176.5?

User avatar
DrackedaryMaster
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Would Love: 85/166-167

Would Hate 72/158

I think I got: 77-78/162


I keep trying to tell myself LSAC know what they're doing when they equate these tests. Pretty sure I got 38 of the 51 LR, 21-22 of the RC. LG is what has me up in th air. I have the first two games all correct (is that 10 or 11 Qs, can't remember). On the artifact game, I know I have he first, last, and next to last question correct. On the track game, I'm confident I got the 3 right I worked on. As for the other 6-7 LG questons, I sure hope my intuition worked. I think I got all but 1 of the artifact Qs, but the track one has me really concerned. Not getting to 20 in a section I usually go -0 is really nerveracking. If this had gone normally, I'd have my PT average no problem. But now I must sit it out and see if the Qs I started to panic on sent my average crashing.

pseudonym1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby pseudonym1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:39 pm

DrackedaryMaster wrote:Would Love: 85/166-167

Would Hate 72/158

I think I got: 77-78/162


I keep trying to tell myself LSAC know what they're doing when they equate these tests. Pretty sure I got 38 of the 51 LR, 21-22 of the RC. LG is what has me up in th air. I have the first two games all correct (is that 10 or 11 Qs, can't remember). On the artifact game, I know I have he first, last, and next to last question correct. On the track game, I'm confident I got the 3 right I worked on. As for the other 6-7 LG questons, I sure hope my intuition worked. I think I got all but 1 of the artifact Qs, but the track one has me really concerned. Not getting to 20 in a section I usually go -0 is really nerveracking. If this had gone normally, I'd have my PT average no problem. But now I must sit it out and see if the Qs I started to panic on sent my average crashing.


Ever tried reading a real book? Just curious...

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:07 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:
DrackedaryMaster wrote:Would Love: 85/166-167

Would Hate 72/158

I think I got: 77-78/162


I keep trying to tell myself LSAC know what they're doing when they equate these tests. Pretty sure I got 38 of the 51 LR, 21-22 of the RC. LG is what has me up in th air. I have the first two games all correct (is that 10 or 11 Qs, can't remember). On the artifact game, I know I have he first, last, and next to last question correct. On the track game, I'm confident I got the 3 right I worked on. As for the other 6-7 LG questons, I sure hope my intuition worked. I think I got all but 1 of the artifact Qs, but the track one has me really concerned. Not getting to 20 in a section I usually go -0 is really nerveracking. If this had gone normally, I'd have my PT average no problem. But now I must sit it out and see if the Qs I started to panic on sent my average crashing.


Ever tried reading a real book? Just curious...


Mark Levin owes my Dad 75 cents.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:15 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
pseudonym1 wrote:
DrackedaryMaster wrote:Would Love: 85/166-167

Would Hate 72/158

I think I got: 77-78/162


I keep trying to tell myself LSAC know what they're doing when they equate these tests. Pretty sure I got 38 of the 51 LR, 21-22 of the RC. LG is what has me up in th air. I have the first two games all correct (is that 10 or 11 Qs, can't remember). On the artifact game, I know I have he first, last, and next to last question correct. On the track game, I'm confident I got the 3 right I worked on. As for the other 6-7 LG questons, I sure hope my intuition worked. I think I got all but 1 of the artifact Qs, but the track one has me really concerned. Not getting to 20 in a section I usually go -0 is really nerveracking. If this had gone normally, I'd have my PT average no problem. But now I must sit it out and see if the Qs I started to panic on sent my average crashing.


Ever tried reading a real book? Just curious...


Mark Levin owes my Dad 75 cents.


Same, except after Canaidian conversion 81 cents.

User avatar
s254w
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby s254w » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 pm

mlee85 wrote:Praying for 169.
Expecting 163.


+1

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm

kkklick wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
pseudonym1 wrote:
DrackedaryMaster wrote:Would Love: 85/166-167

Would Hate 72/158

I think I got: 77-78/162


I keep trying to tell myself LSAC know what they're doing when they equate these tests. Pretty sure I got 38 of the 51 LR, 21-22 of the RC. LG is what has me up in th air. I have the first two games all correct (is that 10 or 11 Qs, can't remember). On the artifact game, I know I have he first, last, and next to last question correct. On the track game, I'm confident I got the 3 right I worked on. As for the other 6-7 LG questons, I sure hope my intuition worked. I think I got all but 1 of the artifact Qs, but the track one has me really concerned. Not getting to 20 in a section I usually go -0 is really nerveracking. If this had gone normally, I'd have my PT average no problem. But now I must sit it out and see if the Qs I started to panic on sent my average crashing.


Ever tried reading a real book? Just curious...


Mark Levin owes my Dad 75 cents.


Same, except after Canaidian conversion 81 cents.


I'm not joking. They went to the same high school. My Dad lent him 75 cents, and he was never paid back. I wonder how much that 75 cents turns into with 35 years of compound interest?

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 pm

At a constant lending rate of 4.5% over a 30 year fixed period, your looking at about $2.81, about the cost of his book overstocked on bookstore shelves now

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Oct. 9th Score prediction thread

Postby chrisbru » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm going to guess a 164. I was PT'ing in the low 170s, but due to test-day anxiety and a mess up on LG (I was stupid and ran out of time transferring answers from my book to bubble sheet with a few still to go) I'm estimating lower.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests