Schools finding out before us?

JerrySeinfeld

Schools finding out before us?

Postby JerrySeinfeld » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 pm

So i've heard that people are beginning to get fee waivers and some wonder if thats because the schools see their score and then send them out.

Do schools get to see the score before we do and thus, if I haven't received a fee waiver yet, is that a badish sign?

typ3

Re: Schools finding out before us?

Postby typ3 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 pm

It means you should be thinking about going to business or graduate school. Sorry bro

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 pm

8)
Last edited by gdane on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerrySeinfeld

Postby JerrySeinfeld » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:20 pm

gdane5 wrote:Yes they do. You can call them to ask them about your score. Its a little trick not too many people know about.

Seriously?

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

8)
Last edited by gdane on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malcolm8X

Postby Malcolm8X » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Can anybody verify this? This is rather intriguing.

JerrySeinfeld

Postby JerrySeinfeld » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 pm

gdane5 wrote:
JerrySeinfeld wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Yes they do. You can call them to ask them about your score. Its a little trick not too many people know about.

Seriously?

Yup. The only problem is that you have to send them a notarized form that specifies your identity. They wont release it over the phone without proof that you are who you say you are.

So it's a bad sign if I haven't received one yet?

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm

8)
Last edited by gdane on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerrySeinfeld

Postby JerrySeinfeld » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

So the fact that I haven't received any emails from schools in a little while means that schools probably haven't received my score yet? I practically having a hernia right now, so specifics would be freaking awesome.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

gdane5 wrote:
JerrySeinfeld wrote:

Seriously?

Yup. The only problem is that you have to send them a notarized form that specifies your identity. They wont release it over the phone without proof that you are who you say you are.

ITT, fools bein' trolled.

JerrySeinfeld

Postby JerrySeinfeld » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
JerrySeinfeld wrote:

Seriously?

ITT, fools bein' trolled.

I. AM. SO. CONFUSED!

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm pretty sure a score "release" means scores are "released," which implies they were not available prior to the date of, well, release.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:30 pm

No, the schools dont find out before you. They just get your name through LSAC. Its random for the most part. Last year I got an NYU fee waiver before getting my LSAT score. I ended up getting a terrible score.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:31 pm

No, schools do NOT find out your score before you under any circumstance.

Can you guys try not wreaking havoc in on-topic threads? Go troll the lounge.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:33 pm

eskimo wrote:No, schools do NOT find out your score before you under any circumstance.

To be fair, this is a really REALLY stupid question.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 pm

paratactical wrote:To be fair, this is a really REALLY stupid question.

I know, but I'll chalk it up to being nervous/anxious/crazy while waiting for the score. I just worry that people won't post legitimate questions/concerns if GDane & Co. are running around being unhelpful. :(

I'm too nice. :oops:

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:36 pm

paratactical wrote:
eskimo wrote:No, schools do NOT find out your score before you under any circumstance.

To be fair, this is a really REALLY stupid question.

+1. But come on guys, we have better things to do than troll people...

:|

Ok carry on.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:38 pm

eskimo wrote:
paratactical wrote:To be fair, this is a really REALLY stupid question.

I know, but I'll chalk it up to being nervous/anxious/crazy while waiting for the score. I just worry that people won't post legitimate questions/concerns if GDane & Co. are running around being unhelpful. :(

I'm too nice. :oops:

Yeah, you are pretty nice. I just figure that if you're too oblivious/impatient/lazy to realize that if schools got the scores before us, someone would have figured it out already and either a) we'd all know about it or b) LSAC would change it, you probably will post other oblivious/impatient/lazy questions later on, such as the "But why do I have to report my speeding tickets/expunged offenses? I don't want to" and the "my grandma sucked some dick at Yale once, how much of a bump does this get me" threads. I hardly think there's anything wrong with trying to curb those threads early.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh, I agree, but I think there's a difference between shooting someone down with a "lolno" type of response and blatantly telling them wrong information (like to start calling schools.) With pre-LSAT-release paranoia I just don't think that's necessary.

Anyway, no big deal. This kind of stuff just makes me :?

Back to SF! :D

chup

Postby chup » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 pm

eskimo wrote:Oh, I agree, but I think there's a difference between shooting someone down with a "lolno" type of response and blatantly telling them wrong information (like to start calling schools.) With pre-LSAT-release paranoia I just don't think that's necessary.

The problem is "lolno" quickly degenerates into "/self" as people start asking even more asinine questions, and then the mods get all ban-happy. Some question-asking deterrence is a good thing.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 pm

chup wrote:
eskimo wrote:Oh, I agree, but I think there's a difference between shooting someone down with a "lolno" type of response and blatantly telling them wrong information (like to start calling schools.) With pre-LSAT-release paranoia I just don't think that's necessary.

The problem is "lolno" quickly degenerates into "/self" as people start asking even more asinine questions, and then the mods get all ban-happy. Some question-asking deterrence is a good thing.

And that's better than just trolling around posting wrong information? :|

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm

eskimo wrote:
chup wrote:

And that's better than just trolling around posting wrong information? :|

"Yes"

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:58 pm

This whole thing came up because apparently some people (person) got an update from Harvard today saying their app was done blah blah. So, yeah, maybe they have some sort of earlier access, but who knows and who cares? The school sure as hell aint giving you this info early, and there are tons of alternate explanations better than "they got my lsat before I did!"

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

As far as the question of whether schools get our scores before us goes - they don't. I just called several schools and asked, and they all said that they don't have access to it until we do.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:This whole thing came up because apparently some people (person) got an update from Harvard today saying their app was done blah blah. So, yeah, maybe they have some sort of earlier access, but who knows and who cares? The school sure as hell aint giving you this info early, and there are tons of alternate explanations better than "they got my lsat before I did!"

LSAC would probably trust a school like Harvard with that information. However, I doubt schools find out before us. If they did, I bet every TTTTTT school would be sending emails offerring "for a nominal fee" to obtain your score before the release. LSAC may be a-holes, but they're not stupid.

No wait, even better! The TTTTT school would, in addition to the "nominal fee" mandate the person wanting their score have to apply "early decision" to the TTTTT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”