Feeling like I did bad...is this good?

longdaysjourney

Feeling like I did bad...is this good?

Postby longdaysjourney » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 am

So I took the October LSAT and like many I am mildly freaked out with Friday approaching. However, after taking the test, I felt like it was hard, indeed harder than many practice tests I have taken (save for some very predictable LR questions). I figure that this means either I totally bombed or did exceptionally well, but nothing in between. Is anyone else having similar anxieties?

cornell

Re: Feeling like I did bad...is this good?

Postby cornell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 am

longdaysjourney wrote:So I took the October LSAT and like many I am mildly freaked out with Friday approaching. However, after taking the test, I felt like it was hard, indeed harder than many practice tests I have taken (save for some very predictable LR questions). I figure that this means either I totally bombed or did exceptionally well, but nothing in between. Is anyone else having similar anxieties?

this question sounds familiar......

unattended bag

Postby unattended bag » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am

This is exactly how i feel. And I change my mind about how I did every 30 seconds

mtrl

Postby mtrl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am

It is good, because at worst you'll meet your expectations, and at best you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:29 am

longdaysjourney wrote:So I took the October LSAT and like many I am mildly freaked out with Friday approaching. However, after taking the test, I felt like it was hard, indeed harder than many practice tests I have taken (save for some very predictable LR questions). I figure that this means either I totally bombed or did exceptionally well, but nothing in between. Is anyone else having similar anxieties?

There goes my "it was an easy test since we all seem to think so" theory. Thanks :(

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

This is me. I felt I did really well in two sections and really badly in two sections so...I hope that means I did way better than I think.

I'm getting to the point where I don't want Friday to come.
Last edited by Peg on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcman06

Postby dcman06 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

I think the vast majority of us feel we did well one minute, bad the next.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

Find something fun and unstressful to preoccupy you until scores are released. That's the only way to remain sane during the waiting process.

sle1026

Postby sle1026 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

I know for me sometimes when I feel like I did bad, I actually did better. However its not scientific or anything! I think its a personal things, do you normally feel bad after test? or do you feel bad because you know you messed something up? Honestly I wouldn't worry about it our minds play tricks on us, plus If you lowball your score, you will either be pleasantly surprised or confirm you are upset & figure out what was wrong and how fix it. I think the worst is when you think you did well and did way worse.

play2win

Postby play2win » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 am

Not trying to be a dick at all but I generally find that when I think I did bad, I did. This doesn't apply to Logic Games, which I always think I got correct and then occasionally realize after that I misread one of the rules.

But if you know on LR you generally get about 20 definitely correct and 50-50 guess on 5, but on this test the breakdown was 15-10? Well in my opinion that indicates you probably didn't do as well. Same goes for Reading comp. I'd say that is a valid reason to be concerned.

If you are just nervous about your score, like the rest of us, try to relax. 8)

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 pm

I thought I had bombed in June but ended up hitting my PT average on the nose. Doubting yourself is normal.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 pm

I left the test feeling fairly nervous. A week later, that nervousness had arched into confidence, then overconfidence, then back into nervousness these past few days. The moral of the story? Emotions are not always to be trusted.

czelede

Postby czelede » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 pm

beachbum wrote:I thought I had bombed in June but ended up hitting my PT average on the nose. Doubting yourself is normal.

This. I even posted a "OMG SHOULD I CANCEL" thread.

mtrl

Postby mtrl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah... a lot of weird stuff happens when you are required to wait 3 weeks for your score when you're used to getting it immediately. Like another poster said, I'm sure most of us have been all over the place emotionally during this waiting period. I know I've gone from thoughts of "definitely 177!" to "worse than diagnostic" and back within the span of hours.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:28 pm

My best was PT59. I did twelve points higher than I thought I had actually done. Sometimes I get into the "mode" and don't realize what I have done until I snap back into reality when the test is over.

Lokomani

Postby Lokomani » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 pm

This test is pretty shady, in terms of both methodology and actually curving the scores. I can't wait till it's abolished.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Lokomani wrote:This test is pretty shady, in terms of both methodology and actually curving the scores. I can't wait till it's abolished.

I can't wait for Megan Fox to crawl through my bedroom window.

dcman06

Postby dcman06 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:51 pm

JOThompson wrote:Find something fun and unstressful to preoccupy you until scores are released. That's the only way to remain sane during the waiting process.

I'm watching Wizards basketball and Caps hockey!

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm

dcman06 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Find something fun and unstressful to preoccupy you until scores are released. That's the only way to remain sane during the waiting process.

I'm watching Wizards basketball and Caps hockey!

I'm a Dallas fan, so I watch the Texas Rangers, Mavericks, and the Dallas Cowb.... nevermind.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm from Cleveland, so I try not to watch sports.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 pm

dcman06 wrote:I think the vast majority of us feel we did well one minute, bad the next.

In the past hour I've gone from calmly thinking that 180 isn't an unreasonable expectation to logging onto LSAC to find out registration dates and test centers for the Dec test since I obviously got <165 and will need to retake.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 pm

incompetentia wrote:I'm from Cleveland, so I try not to watch sports.

I lol'ed. If it makes you feel any better, I've been a die-hard St. Louis Rams fan for as long as I can remember. The last few years have been... difficult.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:31 pm

beachbum wrote:
incompetentia wrote:I'm from Cleveland, so I try not to watch sports.

I lol'ed. If it makes you feel any better, I've been a die-hard St. Louis Rams fan for as long as I can remember. The last few years have been... difficult.

I'm a Toronto fan and was born in 89, so I have no recollection of the Jays winning the World Series. Raptors haven't won anything, Leafs are in a 47 year drought or something like that. I think the only thing bigger than the Leafs winning the cup again is if the Cubs win the World Series.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 pm

If I were twice as old, I still wouldn't have lived during any time when a Cleveland major sports team was a national champion.

Just sayin'.

(Not to sound pretentious, but I started listing a few of these things and just kept going...

I -have- lived through: the Browns move, the 100-44 record pre-strike, the Braves domination, Jose Mesa, FIVE excruciating playoff defeats in the Lebron Era, that thing that we don't talk about that happened in July, the '07 ALCS (after the Bug Game), the 2002 playoff loss thanks to a dude named Chris Fu'amatu-Ma'afala, Derek Anderson's leading the team to a sure playoff berth before throwing 4 INTs in losing to the worst team in the division, Derek Anderson, Kelly Holcomb, Tim Couch, Jeff McInnis, Ben Chris 'totally not gay' Chris 'totally not gay' Broussard, Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez leaving, Jim Thome leaving, Braylon Edwards, Braylon Edwards leav- wait that's a good thing
(Oh, also missed The Shot, The Drive, and The Fumble by a couple years too.))

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 pm

incompetentia wrote:If I were twice as old, I still wouldn't have lived during any time when a Cleveland major sports team was a national champion.

Just sayin'.

(Not to sound pretentious, but I started listing a few of these things and just kept going...

I -have- lived through: the Browns move, the 100-44 record pre-strike, the Braves domination, Jose Mesa, FIVE excruciating playoff defeats in the Lebron Era, that thing that we don't talk about that happened in July, the '07 ALCS (after the Bug Game), the 2002 playoff loss thanks to a dude named Chris Fu'amatu-Ma'afala, Derek Anderson's leading the team to a sure playoff berth before throwing 4 INTs in losing to the worst team in the division, Derek Anderson, Kelly Holcomb, Tim Couch, Jeff McInnis, Ben Chris 'totally not gay' Chris 'totally not gay' Broussard, Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez leaving, Jim Thome leaving, Braylon Edwards, Braylon Edwards leav- wait that's a good thing
(Oh, also missed The Shot, The Drive, and The Fumble by a couple years too.))

Wow. Uh... hang in there, champ? I was gonna say that with a handful of pro sports teams, the law of probability should turn in your favor sooner or later... but your city has apparently defeated probability. Hey, at least you guys beat something, right? I think it's time to start blaming gypsies/billy goats/voodoo curses.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”