If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Berklee Music School is looking for those types of people.

Pull them under, pull them under, pull them under

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby amkid100 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 pm

if i get a 170+ homecoming will actually be fun.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2698
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby androstan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 pm

incompetentia wrote:If I get a score with a number NOT in the 170s I will cry. And post pictures of me crying.


Incompetentia, the only TLSer that will cry over a 180.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:32 pm

androstan wrote:
incompetentia wrote:If I get a score with a number NOT in the 170s I will cry. And post pictures of me crying.


Incompetentia, the only TLSer that will cry over a 180.

Tears of joy.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 pm

amkid100 wrote:if i get a 170+ homecoming will actually be fun.


This. DEFINITELY this.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I suspect that some TLSers will experience anguish regardless of the actual score because it wasn't higher. Thus, some receiving a 171 or 172 might consider retaking because they are confident of achieving a higher score although it is probably foolish to retake anything in the mid-170s because the only law schools that seek higher scores are likely to average.

P.S. The most severe anguish will probably be experienced by those receiving a 180 with one question wrong.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby PinkCow » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 pm

This is tough, because I have an incredibly hard 3 hour long EM test at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, which pretty much means I'm screwed either way.

If >170, I'll be so happy I won't give a f*ck about the test and will probably fail
If <170, I'll be so caught up with thinking about how my life is ruined that I will probably fail

Obviously, I'm so obsessed with waiting that I haven't even studied yet. So add that and it's pretty much curtains.

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:I suspect that some TLSers will experience anguish regardless of the actual score because it wasn't higher. Thus, some receiving a 171 or 172 might consider retaking because they are confident of achieving a higher score although it is probably foolish to retake anything in the mid-170s because the only law schools that seek higher scores are likely to average.

P.S. The most severe anguish will probably be experienced by those receiving a 180 with one question wrong.


If I get a 170+ I'm 80% confident that I'm a lock for at least one T14, or worst case, T20, so I won't be retaking, so I won't even be looking at the score report.

I don't give a fuck how many questions I got wrong or how I did on what section, as long as that 3 digit number has a 7 or 8 in the tens place.
Last edited by motiontodismiss on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm

chip3341 wrote:This is tough, because I have an incredibly hard 3 hour long EM test at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, which pretty much means I'm screwed either way.

If >170, I'll be so happy I won't give a f*ck about the test and will probably fail
If <170, I'll be so caught up with thinking about how my life is ruined that I will probably fail

Obviously, I'm so obsessed with waiting that I haven't even studied yet. So add that and it's pretty much curtains.


I feel ya, I've got a 3-hour Invertebrate Zoology test tomorrow (10am though) I haven't studied for yet because I'm so anxious about these results. And pretty much feel the same way in terms of numbers haha... Good luck to both of us!

User avatar
Rikkugrrl
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby Rikkugrrl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:31 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Wake up because clearly this has all been a dream


Please end your personal statement with this line....lol


Nah, my PS ends with "and that's why I want to be a lawyer." Much better.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby Sandro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm

I will break glasses and play loud music and then chug this spaten oktoberfest beer in my fridge.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby cornell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Damn it, I'm feeling even more anxious today than the day before the actual test! LSAT truly is a psychological manipulator.....I wish I can say that I don't give a fuck anymore, but I do.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Is there any other standardized test which has as much impact on one's life than the LSAT ?

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby cornell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Is there any other standardized test which has as much impact on one's life than the LSAT ?


yeah, MCAT perhaps. and for my field, CFA matters as well.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby risktaker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 pm

If I get a 170 or higher, I will buy everyone I know a couple drinks at the bar. Please baby Jesus, make this come true! Here's to a -14 curve or higher!

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Interviews are quite important for medical school even though one may have a top MCAT score while the LSAT's effectiveness in the admissions process is not dependent upon a successful interview.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah, the more I think about it there is no equal to the LSAT. Especially based on how much weight it carries relative to the other parts of the application

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby AreJay711 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Sigh..... It was a shameful time of my life..... but I promised God that if I scored a 171 or more that I'd donate every dollar I made over 80k a year for 10 years after I graduated .... seriously. Unfortunately my pt average was a 172. Heres to a 170!

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby hokie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:If there is a 7 in the tens column of the number in that e-mail on Friday, I will conclude that it was an act of God.

Seriously.


ditto

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby cornell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:40 pm

incompetentia wrote:Yeah, the more I think about it there is no equal to the LSAT. Especially based on how much weight it carries relative to the other parts of the application


+1

User avatar
s254w
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby s254w » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:41 pm

If I get a 170 +, I will call my parents and cry, and then do shots all night.

thegrayman
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby thegrayman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:17 am

I will find a way to incorporate it into every conversation over the next week.

Miranda 18
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby Miranda 18 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:19 am

AreJay711 wrote:Sigh..... It was a shameful time of my life..... but I promised God that if I scored a 171 or more that I'd donate every dollar I made over 80k a year for 10 years after I graduated .... seriously. Unfortunately my pt average was a 172. Heres to a 170!



For that reason alone I hope you get a 180 :wink:

User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby Emeth! » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:28 am

thegrayman wrote:I will find a way to incorporate it into every conversation over the next week.



ditto.

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: If I got a 170+ on the LSAT.......

Postby kalede » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:11 am

I'm going dress up and go to a Halloween party, where I will be consuming a large quantity of alcoholic liquids in celebration. If I don't get 170+, I'll likely be doing the same thing but for different reasons. :/




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Baidu [Spider], qemini1594 and 4 guests