Tutoring for the LSAT in Boston

ivantheterbl

Tutoring for the LSAT in Boston

Postby ivantheterbl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 pm

I am hoping to tutor for the LSAT in the Boston area-- Would people recommend doing this privately or trying for a job at one of the well known testing companies? If anyone really wants a one-on-one tutor feel free to PM me as well, but I was just curious what people thought was the best route for tutoring.

Re: Tutoring for the LSAT in Boston

Postby 2014 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

You will make tons less doing it for a company and might have a hard time finding a job.

Alternatively you might make nothing if you try and go solo.

If I were in your shoes I would try and go with a company for the guaranteed money unless you are very entrepreneurial and have good ideas to generate customers.

LogicGamez

Postby LogicGamez » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 pm

If I were you I'd try to find a legitimate job.

There are soooo many 174+ LSAT recent college grads who have no other skills looking to teach the LSAT that finding work is almost impossible.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:22 am

We're looking for more teachers. You need a 99th percentile score and 2+ years of teaching. And obviously you have to go through the audition process: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/instructor-job.cfm

Training is paid - $4000 - and I believe we pay the highest teaching rate - $100/hr (plus payment for prep time).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”