LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:59 am

Just wondering, to those who scored 178-180... how do you feel about those of us in the 175 area? Do we look stupid from up there? Or are we all 99th-percentile brothers and sisters?

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby incompetentia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:24 am

Nah, you're cool. This test seemed to screw with peoples' brains...175 is a 175 no matter what. Top 1% is the top 1%...top 0.5% is the top 0.5%. Can't change that.

(Besides, I can't go and trash my expected score. I wasn't gunning for a 178+ to start with)

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:01 pm

I actually think 180 people are too smart. 175 area is is the perfect place to be. :mrgreen:

User avatar
kaftka juice
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby kaftka juice » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 pm

.
Last edited by kaftka juice on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Nulli Secundus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:11 pm

If I 180'd a -8 curve test (PT 48) I do believe I can do better than my current 170. You heard it here, December test will be destroyed. By me. 177+ or death.

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Blindc1rca » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:10 pm

canuck wrote:Oh ya. We are completely out-of-touch with reality. I'm kind of "meh" about a 170 and all my family and friends are so flipping excited for me. TLS does ridiculous things to one's perceptions of success.


+1. i got a 170 and feel exactly the same. TLS definitely screws us up. that said im sucking it up and not retaking. not worth it.

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
canuck wrote:Oh ya. We are completely out-of-touch with reality. I'm kind of "meh" about a 170 and all my family and friends are so flipping excited for me. TLS does ridiculous things to one's perceptions of success.


+1. i got a 170 and feel exactly the same. TLS definitely screws us up. that said im sucking it up and not retaking. not worth it.


+1

-1

The wife is so excited that she's boasting about my 170 to everybody. My family cant believe I want to re-take. And yet here I am, thinking hmmm...170 eh. Could be better :D and it will be, I promise you that LSAT!

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:32 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:
canuck wrote:Oh ya. We are completely out-of-touch with reality. I'm kind of "meh" about a 170 and all my family and friends are so flipping excited for me. TLS does ridiculous things to one's perceptions of success.


+1. i got a 170 and feel exactly the same. TLS definitely screws us up. that said im sucking it up and not retaking. not worth it.


+1

-1

The wife is so excited that she's boasting about my 170 to everybody. My family cant believe I want to re-take. And yet here I am, thinking hmmm...170 eh. Could be better :D and it will be, I promise you that LSAT!


When I got a 170 I was so happy, but after I joined the forum and learned about the situation in the profession I slowly got less and less happy untill I got really upset to about it.... I think that TLS does not destort out view, but actually gives us a taste of reality.

User avatar
r2b2ct
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby r2b2ct » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:44 pm

.
Last edited by r2b2ct on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:28 pm

2014 wrote:
But hey, I have the potential to do much better and I intend to do so. I saw a guy on here retake a 179 (successfully getting to 180) because he couldn't live with his score knowing that he had a 180 in him. Welcome to TLS.



The guy went cancel/174/179. 450hrs study in 9 months.

He stated that he retook a 174 because he believed that he had a 180 in him.

I remember this story because I was motivated by it and still am.

Retaking a 179 would be completely moronic because 179=180. If someone fail to see that, he/she has no perspective at all and his/her life is too high-maintenance to be livable.

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:31 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
2014 wrote:
But hey, I have the potential to do much better and I intend to do so. I saw a guy on here retake a 179 (successfully getting to 180) because he couldn't live with his score knowing that he had a 180 in him. Welcome to TLS.



The guy went cancel/174/179. 450hrs study in 9 months.

He stated that he retook a 174 because he believed that he had a 180 in him.

I remember this story because I was motivated by it and still am.

Retaking a 179 would be completely moronic because 179=180. If someone fail to see that, he/her has no perspective at all and his/her life is too high-maintenance to be livable.


I agree if that person thinks that 180 over 179 will help them in their cycle, but if they are simply taking it again for shits and giggles because they want the 180, I see no harm in that!

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:49 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:
2014 wrote:
But hey, I have the potential to do much better and I intend to do so. I saw a guy on here retake a 179 (successfully getting to 180) because he couldn't live with his score knowing that he had a 180 in him. Welcome to TLS.



The guy went cancel/174/179. 450hrs study in 9 months.

He stated that he retook a 174 because he believed that he had a 180 in him.

I remember this story because I was motivated by it and still am.

Retaking a 179 would be completely moronic because 179=180. If someone fail to see that, he/her has no perspective at all and his/her life is too high-maintenance to be livable.


I agree if that person thinks that 180 over 179 will help them in their cycle, but if they are simply taking it again for shits and giggles because they want the 180, I see no harm in that!


Agreed.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 pm

In terms of percentile, the difference from 165 to 170 is more than 5%, the difference from 170 to 175 is about 2%, but the difference from 175 to 180 is only .4%, right?

So even with a 175, I'm a lot closer to 180 than I am to 170, right?


.... right? :|




I'm thinking about retaking. :?

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Adjudicator wrote:In terms of percentile, the difference from 165 to 170 is more than 5%, the difference from 170 to 175 is about 2%, but the difference from 175 to 180 is only .4%, right?

So even with a 175, I'm a lot closer to 180 than I am to 170, right?


.... right? :|




I'm thinking about retaking. :?


Dont retake a 175 will get you into UW
Probably with money. Isnt that what you want?

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Also, I was just looking at the scoring table, and if I had got that LR question right instead of leaving it blank, it would have bumped me up to a 177. :(

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:25 pm

jt1341 wrote:Dont retake a 175 will get you into UW
Probably with money. Isnt that what you want?


lol. Yeah. All's well that ends well, I suppose. If I get into UW, I'll be happy.

That's the whole reason that I re-took. I knew my 164 wouldn't do it.

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby DieAntwoord » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Just wondering, to those who scored 178-180... how do you feel about those of us in the 175 area? Do we look stupid from up there? Or are we all 99th-percentile brothers and sisters?

I didnt know they made a 99th distinction. I thought it was 99.9th and others......
Just kidding I think after 173 all that matters is gpa, to a point. I would gladly give up 5 lsat points for .5 gpa.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby incompetentia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:13 pm

UW is going to love you with current stats, even with your GPA, I think.

I think it'll be much much more awkward to explain 164-175-174 than 164-175


(But yes, I would give up 5 LSAT points for 0.3 GPA points)

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby 005618502 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 am

Adjudicator wrote:
jt1341 wrote:Dont retake a 175 will get you into UW
Probably with money. Isnt that what you want?


lol. Yeah. All's well that ends well, I suppose. If I get into UW, I'll be happy.

That's the whole reason that I re-took. I knew my 164 wouldn't do it.


164 wouldnt have, but 175 i would be suprised if you didnt get a small scholly.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 am

Well thanks jt and incomp, I hope you guys are right. I hate that they don't make decisions until January at the earliest; it is going to be a long wait.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 am

Will they give you money if you don't apply to any other schools?

User avatar
cynthia rose
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby cynthia rose » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 pm

160

LR1 - -6
RC - -6
LR2 - -7
LG - -7

Well, at least I evenly spread my suckage around, lol

Every PT I have taken after the October sitting, timed and untimed, has been higher than this. EVERY single one. I think that is what is killing me inside more than anything, all I had to do was just be patient and wait for December. But nooooooo, I had to take it as soon as possible. Boooo, self

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby 005618502 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:57 pm

dhrizek wrote:Will they give you money if you don't apply to any other schools?


Much less likely. You need to appply to some comprable schools just because

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby 005618502 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Also, I was just looking at the scoring table, and if I had got that LR question right instead of leaving it blank, it would have bumped me up to a 177. :(


You left an answer choice blank???? Tell me your kidding?

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: LSAT Blood Pact - Official Tally

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 pm

jt1341 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Also, I was just looking at the scoring table, and if I had got that LR question right instead of leaving it blank, it would have bumped me up to a 177. :(


You left an answer choice blank???? Tell me your kidding?


Nope, not kidding. Yeah, it doesn't feel very good. Could have had a 177!

It was an accident... skipped it and never went back.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DumbHollywoodActor, earldasquirel, jackstraw92 and 12 guests