Outdated tests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gettingready

New

Outdated tests

Post by gettingready » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 pm

I started studying for LSAT and had to take a few months break. I restarted few days ago and although I forgot details here and there I still got the hang of the logic games. HOWEVER, I notice that not much attention or discussion is present around the lower numbered tests (from 7 to about 30). Everybody is concentrated on the more recent games.
My question is "Am I wasting my time with those games? Are they outdated and so different that the most recent games and should not spend time on them?"
Appreciate opinions. Advice, input.

Thanks

incompetentia

Gold

Re: Outdated tests

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Depends on how many tests you plan to take.

The concepts were not difficult to master for me, so I ended up taking 35-40 PTs. This worked for me.
Other people need more time with specific concepts, and would be better off taking only about 10-15. That depends on your mastery of the questions that exist.

Either way, the PTs you take should almost certainly include 52+ (the 10 most recent tests at this writing). RC has gotten much more difficult since the 40s, and LG has changed significantly too.

It's a bit of a shock, so do be prepared to have a few low scores when you get to this set. Was at 177 on PT38, then went 169-161 on my first two newer tests. However, if you're already fine with the concepts then you'll be fine after going through all of them.

mtrl

New

Re: Outdated tests

Post by mtrl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:36 am

Like incomp said, you should at least do the most recent tests (50s to current). Games on old tests are useful because they are a bit more difficult, like contemporary LG since Dinosaurs in PT 57. Doing the old PTs is fine but you should definitely do at least some of the new PTs because they are somewhat different than they used to be and will give you a better sense of what to expect on test day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”