Feeling like I did well....is this bad? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
edubs003

Bronze

Re: Feeling like I did well....is this bad?

Post by edubs003 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:54 pm

It took a couple days but I'm pretty sure that i did pretty well. Who knows though. I'm sure we've all had experience where we thought we did well and then did horrible and vice versa. I know that I have. We'll just see Friday.

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I feel like I aced it. That seems to offend some people, and perhaps the joke will be on me once the scores are released. But, no matter how much I look back and analyze the test, I can't seem to second-guess anything.
+1

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I feel like I aced it. That seems to offend some people, and perhaps the joke will be on me once the scores are released. But, no matter how much I look back and analyze the test, I can't seem to second-guess anything.
+1
+3

moxiepostulate

Bronze

Post by moxiepostulate » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Compared to how I felt in June (canceled) I feel ecstatic, but I definitely had 1-2 practice tests when I felt great but scored just below average.

Every once in a while I catch myself genuinely believing that I kicked 61's ass. But then curve fear pulls me back again. On the whole, I'll be surprised if I didn't score about avg for my practice tests. It felt too good on every section.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm

I have to admit, I felt like a million bucks when I walked out of the test in February. But I kept my mouth shut until scores were released.

Feeling like you did well on test day is pretty unusual, but I've almost never heard of it being a bad sign.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 pm

tomwatts wrote:I have to admit, I felt like a million bucks when I walked out of the test in February. But I kept my mouth shut until scores were released.

Feeling like you did well on test day is pretty unusual, but I've almost never heard of it being a bad sign.
Actually it is a terrible omen. Feeling good is never good coming out of a major exam, never! I have only been rewarded once after feeling good about an exam, the rest I actually bombed. Yes, I am using experience limited to myself to make sweeping statements. Want to fight about it? (10 TLS points for the person that gets the reference, by name of the person who said it!).

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:28 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
tomwatts wrote:I have to admit, I felt like a million bucks when I walked out of the test in February. But I kept my mouth shut until scores were released.

Actually it is a terrible omen. Feeling good is never good coming out of a major exam, never! I have only been rewarded once after feeling good about an exam, the rest I actually bombed. Yes, I am using experience limited to myself to make sweeping statements. Want to fight about it? (10 TLS points for the person that gets the reference, by name of the person who said it!).
Haha, gotta love family guy.

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Bankhead wrote:I thought I did well too the first time I took the test. Was practicing around a 170. Got a fucking 162 on test day. But yeah, I guess it's better to feel good than bad...
F*****************

I was practicing around 170 too. Since Test Day I've been having nightmares about 164 every night. I think your post is going to haunt me till Friday.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Peg wrote:
Bankhead wrote:I thought I did well too the first time I took the test. Was practicing around a 170. Got a fucking 162 on test day. But yeah, I guess it's better to feel good than bad...
F*****************

I was practicing around 170 too. Since Test Day I've been having nightmares about 164 every night. I think your post is going to haunt me till Friday.
I scored more than 10 points below my PT average.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:56 pm

paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
F*****************

But how did you feel after the test?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
F*****************

Drunk.

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 pm

paratactical wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
F*****************

Drunk.
...and that boosted my cheer levels like dragon crack. Thank you and now I going to take a nap.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Peg wrote:
...and that boosted my cheer levels like dragon crack. Thank you and now I going to take a nap.
Well, I went straight across the street to the bar and ordered four shots the second I got out of there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:19 pm

paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
Well, I went straight across the street to the bar and ordered four shots the second I got out of there.
I was only 4 under my average, but I felt like I'd just been through the ringer. Coming out of October I felt AWESOME.

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 pm

All in the curve my friends. All in the curve.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:39 pm

the reason I feel optimistic about October is that outside of the 4 questions i edu/straight guessed, the others ones I felt extremely solid about. Usually on tests I do bad there are ones Im shaky about. Could be nerves or just adrenaline but I felt like every answer I picked was right, atleast for LR. And i've confirmed a lot of questions after the test. RC and LG remain to be seen.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:42 pm

paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
Ok, but seriously, was this because you knew you bombed it or just because you are always drunk?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Peg wrote:
Ok, but seriously, was this because you knew you bombed it or just because you are always drunk?
I had no idea. To be fair, I only really bombed one section, but leaving the test, I felt kind of unsure about it. I was completely shocked by my score. I had also been particularly unlucky and had worked several incredibly long weeks in the few leading up to the test and didn't have time to study as much in the month beforehand. That four week gap made it much harder, I think, for me to tell how I had done.

Edit for clarity: I was not actually drunk during the test, just IMMEDIATELY afterward.
Last edited by paratactical on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

longdaysjourney

Bronze

Post by longdaysjourney » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 am

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 am

bjc314 wrote:So I took the October LSAT and like many I am mildly freaked out with Friday approaching. However, after taking the test, I felt like it was easy, indeed easier than many practice tests I have taken (save for some LR questions from left field). I figure that this means I did either exceptionally well or totally bombed but nothing in between. Is anyone else having similar anxieties?

I am in your EXACT boat right now. I walked out feeling so good about it and to be honest, I am SO worried. Games is my best section, hitting -0 and -1 the last PTs I took. I finished games with ten minutes left and fixed whatever I needed to fix. However, LR and RC were always hit or miss for me,but I felt like the answers were almost jumping off the page for me...which means I actually did okay or I fell into an indefinite amount of traps. I finished with 5 minutes left over on each section (Except for RC) which is uncalled for me, Im usually scrambling to finish.Im overall freaking out.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

I'm in a similar place. Logic games were always my hardest sections when studying, but they seemed easier than usual on the actual test. I felt good about it at the time, but now I'm wondering if it just felt easier because I made a lot of wrong assumptions or fell into traps.

I also had a few LR questions that seemed way too easy. Immediately after the test I started wondering if I had fallen into traps disguised as easy answers. Looking back now, I'm thinking it's possible the wierdly easy questions were all in the experimental section, so maybe that explains it. Unfortunately, my memory of the test is not sharp enough to say they were all in the same section.

Great, now I'm freaking out. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:58 am

It seems like the most common conception here is that it was an easy test. We mostly seem to feel like we did well.

I'm worried about the curve somewhat (though I HIGHLY doubt it will be below -10, somewhat more concerned about the upper echelons), but my gut tells me it was just an easy test. Sucks if you're amazing and would get a 180 anyway, but awesome if you're like me and get 180's only on easy tests.*

*Editors Note: Author has never scored a 180 on a practice test.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, it depends on whether you do better on easy or difficult tests, really. (I prefer break-your-soul ridiculous -15 curve tests, because my raw score seems to say fairly steady no matter the curve)

That being said, I think this was a test without a generous curve, BUT I still feel like I did well. I think that's why I'm most worried

dcman06

New

Post by dcman06 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:15 pm

aesis wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:
dcman06 wrote:I've just kept mum in front of my friends, who all say, "We all know you'll do well!"
When people say this to me I want to grab them by the shoulders and scream, "I DON'T NEED TO DO 'WELL,' I NEED 175!!!"
+1
UGH MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY

I felt horrible. But usually when I think I do bad I do fairly well, at least that's what I'm telling myself.
At work, I've been the same way, told the people who needed to know I took the LSAT, and I'm just shutting up and doing my work. And hopefully the Wizards and Caps win today!

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:21 pm

incompetentia wrote:Well, it depends on whether you do better on easy or difficult tests, really. (I prefer break-your-soul ridiculous -15 curve tests, because my raw score seems to say fairly steady no matter the curve)

That being said, I think this was a test without a generous curve, BUT I still feel like I did well. I think that's why I'm most worried
My scaled scores were generally better in the harder PTs. FFFFFUUUUU October test

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”