So we pretty much find out friday, right?

Sandro

Re: So we pretty much find out friday, right?

Postby Sandro » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Sep09 was terrible. All day I basically spent on TLS and refreshing LSAC. Score didn't come until like 9 or 10pm.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Sep09 was terrible. All day I basically spent on TLS and refreshing LSAC. Score didn't come until like 9 or 10pm.

Ouch...

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm

i live in the south and my score came at 4PM last year.

thisisgeorge

Postby thisisgeorge » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm

I took my lsat in the UK, as I'm working here currently. Do you think that will have any effect on when I receive my score?

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 pm

For the last two weeks I have thought nothing about this and now I am freaking obsessed. I really NEED that score. :?

mtrl

Postby mtrl » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Any Canadians know when to expect scores?

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I remember waiting for the LSAT in June. I was constantly cecking these boards and my heart started racing when the first trickles of "Scores are UP!!" came in. This year, I'm just going to wait for the email instead of hitting refresh every second. What's done is done, why stress more about it now?

As for how they send out the scores: I don't think we found any systematic way they send it out. My best guess is that they send it out according to the test center number, and the number may not corresspond to the geographic location so its not like east coast first or anything. If its not test center number then its probably LSAC account numbers.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:20 pm

If I was the LSAC I would release scores based on the actual score, starting with the 120s at 12:00pm and the 180s receiving scores last.
Of course this would cause people to panic about receiving their scores early in the day, rather than the traditional hope of getting them as soon as possible..

If not that, I would probably release scores based on a combination of height, weight, and favorite color of the test taker

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Fresh wrote:If I was the LSAC I would release scores based on the actual score, starting with the 120s at 12:00pm and the 180s receiving scores last.
Of course this would cause people to panic about receiving their scores early in the day, rather than the traditional hope of getting them as soon as possible..

If not that, I would probably release scores based on a combination of height, weight, and favorite color of the test taker

What is the maximum airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Fresh wrote:If I was the LSAC I would release scores based on the actual score, starting with the 120s at 12:00pm and the 180s receiving scores last.

u r so fucking evil.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Previous threads have seemed to establish the timing of the score release has nothing to do with your name, location, score, or registration date. (Unless it's some combination of those.)

I'm not sure if they've addressed whether it could be done by LSAC #, since people tend not to tell others their number.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 pm

I kind of like this, because then you could be like... I haven't heard, I'm so anxious, Give me my score! Wait, no, this is good. I don't want my score until tomorrow. I'm not even going to check. I want hope!

Maybe leading to slightly less crashes of LSAC's site?

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Plutarch writes, “when letters are brought to us, not to open them instantly and in a hurry, not to bite the strings in two, as many people will, if they do not succeed at once with their fingers; when a messenger comes, not to run to meet him; not to jump up, when a friend says he has something new to tell us, — rather, if he has some good or useful advice to give us. Once when I was lecturing at Rome, Rusticus, whom Domitian afterwards, out of jealousy of his reputation, put to death, was one of my hearers; and while I was going on, a soldier came in and brought him a letter from the Emperor. And when every one was silent, and I stopped in order to let him read the letter, he declined to do so, and put it aside until I had finished and the audience withdrew, — an example of serious and dignified behavior which excited much admiration.”

I'm going to rusticus the shit out the lsat by not checking my score until Saturday morning...

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:Plutarch writes, “when letters are brought to us, not to open them instantly and in a hurry, not to bite the strings in two, as many people will, if they do not succeed at once with their fingers; when a messenger comes, not to run to meet him; not to jump up, when a friend says he has something new to tell us, — rather, if he has some good or useful advice to give us. Once when I was lecturing at Rome, Rusticus, whom Domitian afterwards, out of jealousy of his reputation, put to death, was one of my hearers; and while I was going on, a soldier came in and brought him a letter from the Emperor. And when every one was silent, and I stopped in order to let him read the letter, he declined to do so, and put it aside until I had finished and the audience withdrew, — an example of serious and dignified behavior which excited much admiration.”

I'm going to rusticus the shit out the lsat by not checking my score until Saturday morning...

Ok please update us after you open your score at 12:01 am Friday night/Saturday morning :lol:

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Fresh wrote:
longdaysjourney wrote:Plutarch writes, “when letters are brought to us, not to open them instantly and in a hurry, not to bite the strings in two, as many people will, if they do not succeed at once with their fingers; when a messenger comes, not to run to meet him; not to jump up, when a friend says he has something new to tell us, — rather, if he has some good or useful advice to give us. Once when I was lecturing at Rome, Rusticus, whom Domitian afterwards, out of jealousy of his reputation, put to death, was one of my hearers; and while I was going on, a soldier came in and brought him a letter from the Emperor. And when every one was silent, and I stopped in order to let him read the letter, he declined to do so, and put it aside until I had finished and the audience withdrew, — an example of serious and dignified behavior which excited much admiration.”

Ok please update us after you open your score at 12:01 am Friday night/Saturday morning :lol:

ok :oops:

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Sep09 was terrible. All day I basically spent on TLS and refreshing LSAC. Score didn't come until like 9 or 10pm.
Mine came in at 11:24 pm.

ATR

Postby ATR » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:31 pm

I'll be without computer access all Friday afternoon (conference at work). That just leaves me all day to worry/wonder... great.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm

same. I think I got it around 8.30pm (east coast).

This time I plan on not paying attention and working on my PS instead. Checking it once every hour before 5pm and having my SO check it every 15 mins between 5pm and when I get it lol (assuming it's after 5).

Let's see if I actually stick to this

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm going to try to study right next to my computer. I really don't want to spend 9 hours refreshing, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop myself, lol.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 pm

At least we can predict the day it'll come.

I remember constantly checking my grades for my first year of grad school. It was an agonizing week of thousands of refreshes. At least I can wait until Friday to start agonizing.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh yeah, the grades were horrible at my place of study...both in receiving grades from faculty and as TAs sending grades out :wink:

(I usually sent my grades in the day that I received their last assignment, but I had friends who would wait until the official TA deadline, which ended up usually being 10 days after the end of the semester...and that meant another 4 days before the poor freshies actually got their score)

Ari Goldsen

Postby Ari Goldsen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 pm

so its friday?? i though the website said it was monday

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Ari Goldsen wrote:so its friday?? i though the website said it was monday

Bro your 10 light years behind, October tests for the past 5 years have come out exactly 3 days before the stated release date

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

kkklick wrote:
Ari Goldsen wrote:so its friday?? i though the website said it was monday

Bro your 10 light years behind, October tests for the past 5 years have come out exactly 3 days before the stated release date

If they make us wait until Monday just to fuck with our heads...I'll...I'll...I'll get drunk on halloween, but I wont enjoy it

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 pm

So scores start releasing at noon. I assume that's eastern time?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”