How many questions did you guess on? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CurbYourEnthusiasm

New

Re: How many questions did you guess on?

Post by CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 pm

I guessed on a few, but I am starting to get worried about my LG score. LG is my bread and butter section, but after I finished the section on the test I noticed I never chose one letter as an answer choice for any of the 23 LG questions. As the days go by I am starting to get real nervous that instead of getting a couple wrong that shouldve been the answer I never chose, I completely botched an entire game section by misreading a rule. Ooooo the LSAT score cant come soon enough. Crazy thoughts are running through my head.

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:13 pm

CurbYourEnthusiasm wrote:I guessed on a few, but I am starting to get worried about my LG score. LG is my bread and butter section, but after I finished the section on the test I noticed I never chose one letter as an answer choice for any of the 23 LG questions. As the days go by I am starting to get real nervous that instead of getting a couple wrong that shouldve been the answer I never chose, I completely botched an entire game section by misreading a rule. Ooooo the LSAT score cant come soon enough. Crazy thoughts are running through my head.
hmmm... i remember there was a left leaning phenotype on the LG answers.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:20 pm

CurbYourEnthusiasm wrote:I guessed on a few, but I am starting to get worried about my LG score. LG is my bread and butter section, but after I finished the section on the test I noticed I never chose one letter as an answer choice for any of the 23 LG questions. As the days go by I am starting to get real nervous that instead of getting a couple wrong that shouldve been the answer I never chose, I completely botched an entire game section by misreading a rule. Ooooo the LSAT score cant come soon enough. Crazy thoughts are running through my head.
Don't want to get into specifics, but if I were you, I'd be worried about my LG section.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: .

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
I saw many posts expressing this same concern.
After thinking about it I realized that RC and LR for some reason I notice bubbling patterns, but LG because I am always 100% confident I keep moving and keep moving quick, so yea disregard what I said before that could have happened

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r2b2ct

Bronze

Post by r2b2ct » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:33 pm

You probably shouldn't worry about bubble patterns during a test. "Randomness does not look random." - Taleb

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:45 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
^Lol, this.

Also, I guessed on two LG (both guesses were semi-educated).

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Shooter wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:
^Lol, this.

"educated" is pretty "semi" already :)

bruin10

New

Post by bruin10 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 pm

When you're preparing, you hear the cliche "understand why the correct answer is correct and why the remaining four incorrect answers are incorrect". When you take the test, though, there isn't enough time for the commentary that would provide the answer key to run through your head. With time running, you sometimes don't read through all the answer choices if you've already come to the correct answer choice (of course, your experience will tell you whether you should keep reading). Also, there's an element of intuition that's involved. I found that I had to trust my instinct during the test, just knowing that some answers were correct without even understanding why simply because there isn't time. Having said that, I ran out of time on 2 LGs. From talking to people, I believe I may have 1 wrong in LR and probably 1 wrong in RC. I usually finished when PTing with a solid 6-7 minutes remaining after already answering every single question and averaged -1 per section.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:11 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
Shooter wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:
^Lol, this.

"educated" is pretty "semi" already :)
Lol, I know. I didn't know how else to communicate "one step higher than completely f*ing random."

CurbYourEnthusiasm

New

Post by CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:21 pm

kkklick wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
I saw many posts expressing this same concern.
After thinking about it I realized that RC and LR for some reason I notice bubbling patterns, but LG because I am always 100% confident I keep moving and keep moving quick, so yea disregard what I said before that could have happened
Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence. I almost crapped myself with your previous post. Only time will tell I guess.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm

r2b2ct wrote:You probably shouldn't worry about bubble patterns during a test. "Randomness does not look random." - Taleb
Seriously. At this point, you can do nothing about what you bubbled. You get the scores in 5 days. I understand worrying right afterwards but right now? Just worry about making it through the next 5 days :).

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:42 pm

bruin10 wrote:When you're preparing, you hear the cliche "understand why the correct answer is correct and why the remaining four incorrect answers are incorrect". When you take the test, though, there isn't enough time for the commentary that would provide the answer key to run through your head. With time running, you sometimes don't read through all the answer choices if you've already come to the correct answer choice (of course, your experience will tell you whether you should keep reading). Also, there's an element of intuition that's involved. I found that I had to trust my instinct during the test, just knowing that some answers were correct without even understanding why simply because there isn't time. Having said that, I ran out of time on 2 LGs. From talking to people, I believe I may have 1 wrong in LR and probably 1 wrong in RC. I usually finished when PTing with a solid 6-7 minutes remaining after already answering every single question and averaged -1 per section.
I agree with this. After doing so many sections and preptests I find myself just sort of "picking" the right answer though not quite knowing why, just from previous experience with similar question types, most often when there is two attractive choices. There really isn't enough time on the test to reason through each question. Especially on the harder ones, I spend more time just deciding why the other answers are wrong rather than why the answer I pick is right. Its right because I couldn't find why it would be wrong. The earlier questions are the best time to be prephrasing answers and quickly skim the choices to find that one. As long as there isn't anything wrong with it I go with it and move on.

And I never actually pay attention to bubbling patterns. If I get all E's on a test i'll stick with all Es. Last thing I need is another thing to have to be thinking about when I am trying to focus on the questions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:45 pm

eit wrote: Just worry about making it through the next 5 days :).
Oh crap there are DAYS in between! *starts worrying*

I noticed nothing unusual about bubbling patterns compared to preptests, and I usually overanalyze the trends.
However, LSAT study (30+ tests) has kind of broken me of that habit a bit...if I were still as neurotic about encountering say EDCBA in a row I would have been a wreck on the test

rockylo88

New

Post by rockylo88 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:58 am

kkklick wrote:
rockylo88 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Had to make 2 blind guesses on 21 and 22 of LG. Two Q's from the last RC passage i pretty much just picked an answer and prob got them wrong, and one LR i just picked one and am sure I got it wrong. Other than that I got a 180
I'm pretty sure that everyone who posted on this topic (except for myself) got a 180. There were about 20-25 that I wasn't sure were right. Of those, about 10 or so were arbitrarily answered.
I wouldn't go that far, just because someone is sure of an answer doesn't mean they are right. How many you guess on is only really an indicator of how high your potential score can be assuming you miss only those you guess on, otherwise it is pretty useless.

But being unsure of 20-25 is never a good sign.
I was spot on: -25/161

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:27 am

--ImageRemoved--

Magi228

New

Post by Magi228 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 pm

I completely choked on the logic games section and had to guess (as in blindly bubble) on ten questions total. I missed every one of these questions. I only missed three questions total in my other sections combined.

Somehow I think I may have a LG weakness :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Magi228 wrote:I completely choked on the logic games section and had to guess (as in blindly bubble) on ten questions total. I missed every one of these questions. I only missed three questions total in my other sections combined.

Somehow I think I may have a LG weakness :(
Dude if I went -13 with -10 LG i would cry. I missed 8 but atleast I did terrible on LR too.

Have you done the LG bible?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”