Scoring low 150s after months of practice.

Re: Scoring low 150s after months of practice.

Postby krad » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 am

eggy- I think there's a lot of great advice in this posting. If you really want it, work for it! I didn't have the money to take any prep classes and the more that I spoke with others, I figured it wasn't worth it to me to drop $$$ on my cc to have someone tell me to study. I looked around online to see what I could find in terms of guidance and I found the LSAT Blog (google it, you'll be glad you did). I followed a study guide on there and I used the bibles and old PTs. In the end, I was consistently scoring in the low 170's. (I'll find out today ahhh)

The studying takes a lot of time, you have to make the commitment in order to do well. It's not something that you can learn overnight, especially if your diagnostic isn't the highest. Yes, there are the rare few who take a cold diagnostic in the high 160s/170s, but the majority of people have to work for it to varying degrees. TLS is definitely an under representative sample.

FWIW, I have a very active social life outside of full time work, so I told my significant other and friends that I would be MIA a lot until the test. It helped to not be harassed to do things all the time and they were all very supportive (nice that the bf had already dealt with the MCAT and understood my pain). I probably averaged about 15hrs/week of study time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”