anyone ever? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
paulshortys10

Silver

anyone ever?

Post by paulshortys10 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:57 am

Start the LR section backwards and begin by answering the last questions first.? These questions are the hardest and require the most focus and concentration..

Mike12188

Silver

Re: anyone ever?

Post by Mike12188 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:06 am

I wouldn't what happens when you have no time left and have to rush through the easy ones. The easy ones are the guaranteed points do them first. Start at the beginning and skip the hard ones and come back to them.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 am

I considered doing this. I experimented with a few PT's, and I got lower scores going back to front. I think it's because I fell for the trap answers in the first ten more often when I did them last. I also tried skipping the middle two pages (usually hardest for me) and that worked equally well as going in order. So, in the end, I just went in order, making sure I did the first ten in under ten minutes.

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am

You're probably better off just going in order and skipping (and marking) the ones that are tricky/giving you crap.

lennonist

Bronze

Post by lennonist » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:15 am

that strategy saved my ass this october on the RC. I would never try it on LR or LG, though.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:13 am

I did it out of boredom, and to avoid miss-filling bubbles. If there are 26 questions and the 26th bubble gets filled in first, I was less likely to skip a line of bubbles or fill in 2 in a line. Plus it just felt like the section was shorter if I knew where it ended and was counting down, instead of working toward an undefined end (even after checking to see how many questions in the section there were).

I never particularly noticed much difference in difficulty, although on PTs I got slightly better LR scores when doing the section backwards, so maybe doing the hard ones first did help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”