Oct test vs. PT 54 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pseudonym1

New

Oct test vs. PT 54

Post by pseudonym1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm

For those who have taken PT 54 and the October test, how do you think they compare? PT 54 was my last pt before the actual test and it scared the shit out of me!

PT 54:
91 raw = 170!?!?
78 = 160?!?

kkklick

Silver

Re: Oct test vs. PT 54

Post by kkklick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Different month, different curve, but from what I remember PT 54 was not difficult, 56 through 60 were tough, and the curve reflected that.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

54 was my last test before October. I rocked it. -4 for 177

Gave me an extra shot of confidence going into that Saturday...compared to 56-60 was exactly what I needed after several lower scores.

pseudonym1

New

Post by pseudonym1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm

I wasn't saying 54 was difficult, it just scared the crap out of me because of the curve. I should have scored 3-5 points higher compared to the tests before/after it. Where I am currently at, that means the difference between a "good" school and a "shit" school.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:I wasn't saying 54 was difficult, it just scared the crap out of me because of the curve. I should have scored 3-5 points higher compared to the tests before/after it. Where I am currently at, that means the difference between a "good" school and a "shit" school.
Well for the most part, LSAC does a pretty good job at adjusting tests so that no matter the difficulty, your score will be as equal as possible. If you got lower on this test than normal, it doesn't have much to do with the curve at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pseudonym1

New

Post by pseudonym1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm

kkklick wrote:
pseudonym1 wrote:I wasn't saying 54 was difficult, it just scared the crap out of me because of the curve. I should have scored 3-5 points higher compared to the tests before/after it. Where I am currently at, that means the difference between a "good" school and a "shit" school.
Well for the most part, LSAC does a pretty good job at adjusting tests so that no matter the difficulty, your score will be as equal as possible. If you got lower on this test than normal, it doesn't have much to do with the curve at all.
LSAC does, indeed, do a pretty good job at equating tests across the board for long periods of time. However, I think it would be unwarranted to assume that because they are "pretty good" at creating equal curves then most likely the opposite occured; that is, something other than the curve resulted in the lower score. Surely all that LSAT preparation taught you better than that.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:47 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:
kkklick wrote:
LSAC does, indeed, do a pretty good job at equating tests across the board for long periods of time. However, I think it would be unwarranted to assume that because they are "pretty good" at creating equal curves then most likely the opposite occured; that is, something other than the curve resulted in the lower score. Surely all that LSAT preparation taught you better than that.
lol, I'm trying to help calm you down because you scored a bit lower on ONE test, and your going to try to use LSAT logic on me? You seem like you want someone to tell you that the curve for that test is messed up, and no I am not going to say that

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 am

I scored a 92 raw, 171 on that particular exam - my last 10 or so tests before the actual thing averaged to about 176, so there was a drop. However, I was cracked out on cold medicine and little sleep and it was done after a full day of school.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 am

I tend to score the same raw regardless of curve, so I understand where you're coming from. I was kind of possessed on this exam, so it was an abnormally high score for me, raw and scaled.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”