Stuff the LSAT likes

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 pm

kalede wrote:Pretending that someone, somewhere actually might care about the writing section.

Oh, and bees.

I kind of feel like there should be a LG about the LSAC putting a test together. It would be wonderfully meta.

You could probably cobble together LR and RC too. Don't sell yourself short.

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby Longhorn88 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 pm


User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:http://stufflsacpeoplelike.blogspot.com/

It's a shame nobody will ever see this.

pattymac
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby pattymac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 pm

kalede wrote:Pretending that someone, somewhere actually might care about the writing section.

Oh, and bees.

I kind of feel like there should be a LG about the LSAC putting a test together. It would be wonderfully meta.


Everyone at my UG was terrified of the writing sample. I know people who spent more time preparing for the writing sample than any other part of the test. No lie.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 pm

pattymac wrote:
kalede wrote:Pretending that someone, somewhere actually might care about the writing section.

Oh, and bees.

I kind of feel like there should be a LG about the LSAC putting a test together. It would be wonderfully meta.


Everyone at my UG was terrified of the writing sample. I know people who spent more time preparing for the writing sample than any other part of the test. No lie.


FAIL

pattymac
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby pattymac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

^ No joke. This was before I was even looking at LSAT stuff...and my classmates were going on and on about how "hard" the "essay" was at the end. Needless to say when I did a little research, I just ignored them whenever the topic of the LSAT came up.

I'm not American btw nor did I attend an American UG.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:http://stufflsacpeoplelike.blogspot.com/


WIN :D

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby JJDancer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 am

LSAC likes African American musicians - especially jazzists (I think that's a word?)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371208,00.asp
This freaked me out and made me wonder if Dizzy will be the next Af Am jazz player RC on the LSAT...

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby Fresh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 am

incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.


:lol:

And thankfully none on Katy Perry. Or will they?

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 am

Fresh wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.


:lol:

And thankfully none on Katy Perry. Or will they?

Which of the following is LEAST implied by the phrase "hot and cold" in the artist's manifesto?
(A) Fluctuations in a relationship
(B) Changing viewpoints in an argument
(C) Changes in temperature in a residence
(D) Changes in mood throughout a conversation
(E) Fluctuations between two polar opposites

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby JazzOne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.

I have actually written some essays comparing modern hip hop to the early roots of jazz (e.g., improvisational nature, priority of rhythm over harmony, competition or battle aspects of the performance, rejection of main stream pop culture, etc.).

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby northwood » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 am

literature

giving people strange names

they also like using a string of letters inthe alphabet, skipping one, then continuing on duringhte games section

also: they like science fiction, asteroids, extinct and endangered animals, and talking about random artsy fokes

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 pm

JazzOne wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.

I have actually written some essays comparing modern hip hop to the early roots of jazz (e.g., improvisational nature, priority of rhythm over harmony, competition or battle aspects of the performance, rejection of main stream pop culture, etc.).

Partially why I brought up the comparison. (My grad degree's in music...I've written/reviewed many papers about things like this)

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12318
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:16 pm

You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

Some say that he's already appeared in an experimental section...

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby JazzOne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

gdane5 wrote:You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

Some say that he's already appeared in an experimental section...

I'm not joking at all. Regardless of whether you like hip hop, its existence and popularity are interesting reflections of our culture.

nStiver
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby nStiver » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm

JazzOne wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

Some say that he's already appeared in an experimental section...

I'm not joking at all. Regardless of whether you like hip hop, its existence and popularity are interesting reflections of our culture.


When Lil Wayne does come up in 30+ years, you can bet the author will be waxing on about the intellectual depth of his music and how many of the artist's contemporary "critics" were blinded by cultural bias and completely misunderstood the work of this then un-recognized genius.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Lil Wayne was not only a cultural phenomenon in America, but was a transnational movement. The white-collar communities enjoyed his glamorized accounts of a part of society that they had never seen, while the working class had always wanted to lick the rapper.

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby catsparka » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

Does anyone know what it takes (qualifications, skills, etc) to be one of the people who write questions for the LSAT? (I know they're called psycho-something)

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby AverageTutoring » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:38 am

incompetentia wrote:Lil Wayne was not only a cultural phenomenon in America, but was a transnational movement. The white-collar communities enjoyed his glamorized accounts of a part of society that they had never seen, while the working class had always wanted to lick the rapper.


I don`t particularly like rap but I can stand to listen to it. Little Wayne however, annoys the hell out of me. His music gives me a huge headache. I don`t know if it`s his voice or the stupid auto-tune bullshit that he normally raps over but yeah...you could not pay me to listen to him.

nStiver wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

Some say that he's already appeared in an experimental section...

I'm not joking at all. Regardless of whether you like hip hop, its existence and popularity are interesting reflections of our culture.


When Lil Wayne does come up in 30+ years, you can bet the author will be waxing on about the intellectual depth of his music and how many of the artist's contemporary "critics" were blinded by cultural bias and completely misunderstood the work of this then un-recognized genius.


I will burn that exam.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby northwood » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:13 am

Make that exam rain YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Skyhook
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby Skyhook » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

Artifacts and ancient sites.
Meteor impacts.
Economy of fictional country.
Schools.
Women in medieval England.


Bees and dancing.
Dancing and minorities.
Minorities and legal remedies.
Legal remedies and IP.
IP and the internet.
The internet and socializing.
Socializing and bees.

And not enough circular games with Klosnik and Perrier.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby JazzOne » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 am

I think that Lil Wayne had some really innovative music a few years ago. Hussla Music is one of my favorite songs of all time. However, I agree with the poster above that Wayne's new stuff sucks ass. I hate that stupid baby voice. He sounds like Ozzy Osbourne. I can't believe people keep buying that shit.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby incompetentia » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 am

JazzOne wrote:I think that Lil Wayne had some really innovative music a few years ago. Hussla Music is one of my favorite songs of all time. However, I agree with the poster above that Wayne's new stuff sucks ass. I hate that stupid baby voice. He sounds like Ozzy Osbourne. I can't believe people keep buying that shit.

Bitch he's paid, that's all I gotta say.

I usually like the lens of a few years before I make concrete judgments, but I have to agree here.

User avatar
r2b2ct
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Postby r2b2ct » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 am

catsparka wrote:Does anyone know what it takes (qualifications, skills, etc) to be one of the people who write questions for the LSAT? (I know they're called psycho-something)

Google told me this:
Psychometrician Career Summary - http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Psycho ... mmary.html wrote:Job Requirements
Psychometricians must hold an advanced degree in either educational testing or psychology. But, since there are no required licenses or certifications, anyone working in the field of testing can claim to be a psychometrician. Some employers may also stress the necessity of have at least one year of experience before being eligible for employment. Psychometricians must have strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities and be able to analyze large amounts of data. They must also be comfortable working with a wide variety of test subjects. Other job requirements may be similar to the following as found in jobs posted on Monster.com:

'Desired applicants must have a Master's degree in Psychology and at least one year of experience.' --North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
'Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Psychometrics, Statistics or a related field and at least five to ten years of experience with assessment systems and sampling theory. Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.' --American Institutes for Research




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOSStongrl, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests