Stuff the LSAT likes Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
incompetentia

Gold

Re: Stuff the LSAT likes

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 pm

kalede wrote:Pretending that someone, somewhere actually might care about the writing section.

Oh, and bees.

I kind of feel like there should be a LG about the LSAC putting a test together. It would be wonderfully meta.
You could probably cobble together LR and RC too. Don't sell yourself short.

Longhorn88

Bronze

Post by Longhorn88 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

It's a shame nobody will ever see this.

pattymac

Bronze

Post by pattymac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 pm

kalede wrote:Pretending that someone, somewhere actually might care about the writing section.

Oh, and bees.

I kind of feel like there should be a LG about the LSAC putting a test together. It would be wonderfully meta.
Everyone at my UG was terrified of the writing sample. I know people who spent more time preparing for the writing sample than any other part of the test. No lie.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 pm

pattymac wrote:

Oh, and bees.

Everyone at my UG was terrified of the writing sample. I know people who spent more time preparing for the writing sample than any other part of the test. No lie.
FAIL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pattymac

Bronze

Post by pattymac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

^ No joke. This was before I was even looking at LSAT stuff...and my classmates were going on and on about how "hard" the "essay" was at the end. Needless to say when I did a little research, I just ignored them whenever the topic of the LSAT came up.

I'm not American btw nor did I attend an American UG.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 pm

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 am

LSAC likes African American musicians - especially jazzists (I think that's a word?)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371208,00.asp
This freaked me out and made me wonder if Dizzy will be the next Af Am jazz player RC on the LSAT...

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 am

incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.
:lol:

And thankfully none on Katy Perry. Or will they?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 am

Fresh wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Just imagine, in 60 years the LSAT will include an RC passage on Lil Wayne.
:lol:

And thankfully none on Katy Perry. Or will they?
Which of the following is LEAST implied by the phrase "hot and cold" in the artist's manifesto?
(A) Fluctuations in a relationship
(B) Changing viewpoints in an argument
(C) Changes in temperature in a residence
(D) Changes in mood throughout a conversation
(E) Fluctuations between two polar opposites

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

I have actually written some essays comparing modern hip hop to the early roots of jazz (e.g., improvisational nature, priority of rhythm over harmony, competition or battle aspects of the performance, rejection of main stream pop culture, etc.).

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 am

literature

giving people strange names

they also like using a string of letters inthe alphabet, skipping one, then continuing on duringhte games section

also: they like science fiction, asteroids, extinct and endangered animals, and talking about random artsy fokes

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 pm

JazzOne wrote:
I have actually written some essays comparing modern hip hop to the early roots of jazz (e.g., improvisational nature, priority of rhythm over harmony, competition or battle aspects of the performance, rejection of main stream pop culture, etc.).
Partially why I brought up the comparison. (My grad degree's in music...I've written/reviewed many papers about things like this)

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:16 pm

You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

Some say that he's already appeared in an experimental section...

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

gdane5 wrote:You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

I'm not joking at all. Regardless of whether you like hip hop, its existence and popularity are interesting reflections of our culture.

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm

JazzOne wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You guys joke, but Lil Wayne will make an appearance on the LSAT soon.

I'm not joking at all. Regardless of whether you like hip hop, its existence and popularity are interesting reflections of our culture.
When Lil Wayne does come up in 30+ years, you can bet the author will be waxing on about the intellectual depth of his music and how many of the artist's contemporary "critics" were blinded by cultural bias and completely misunderstood the work of this then un-recognized genius.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Lil Wayne was not only a cultural phenomenon in America, but was a transnational movement. The white-collar communities enjoyed his glamorized accounts of a part of society that they had never seen, while the working class had always wanted to lick the rapper.

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

Does anyone know what it takes (qualifications, skills, etc) to be one of the people who write questions for the LSAT? (I know they're called psycho-something)

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:38 am

incompetentia wrote:Lil Wayne was not only a cultural phenomenon in America, but was a transnational movement. The white-collar communities enjoyed his glamorized accounts of a part of society that they had never seen, while the working class had always wanted to lick the rapper.
I don`t particularly like rap but I can stand to listen to it. Little Wayne however, annoys the hell out of me. His music gives me a huge headache. I don`t know if it`s his voice or the stupid auto-tune bullshit that he normally raps over but yeah...you could not pay me to listen to him.
nStiver wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

When Lil Wayne does come up in 30+ years, you can bet the author will be waxing on about the intellectual depth of his music and how many of the artist's contemporary "critics" were blinded by cultural bias and completely misunderstood the work of this then un-recognized genius.
I will burn that exam.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:13 am

Make that exam rain YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

Artifacts and ancient sites.
Meteor impacts.
Economy of fictional country.
Schools.
Women in medieval England.

Bees and dancing.
Dancing and minorities.
Minorities and legal remedies.
Legal remedies and IP.
IP and the internet.
The internet and socializing.
Socializing and bees.

And not enough circular games with Klosnik and Perrier.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 am

I think that Lil Wayne had some really innovative music a few years ago. Hussla Music is one of my favorite songs of all time. However, I agree with the poster above that Wayne's new stuff sucks ass. I hate that stupid baby voice. He sounds like Ozzy Osbourne. I can't believe people keep buying that shit.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 am

JazzOne wrote:I think that Lil Wayne had some really innovative music a few years ago. Hussla Music is one of my favorite songs of all time. However, I agree with the poster above that Wayne's new stuff sucks ass. I hate that stupid baby voice. He sounds like Ozzy Osbourne. I can't believe people keep buying that shit.
Bitch he's paid, that's all I gotta say.

I usually like the lens of a few years before I make concrete judgments, but I have to agree here.

r2b2ct

Bronze

Post by r2b2ct » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 am

catsparka wrote:Does anyone know what it takes (qualifications, skills, etc) to be one of the people who write questions for the LSAT? (I know they're called psycho-something)
Google told me this:
Psychometrician Career Summary - http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Psychometrician_Career_Summary.html wrote:Job Requirements
Psychometricians must hold an advanced degree in either educational testing or psychology. But, since there are no required licenses or certifications, anyone working in the field of testing can claim to be a psychometrician. Some employers may also stress the necessity of have at least one year of experience before being eligible for employment. Psychometricians must have strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities and be able to analyze large amounts of data. They must also be comfortable working with a wide variety of test subjects. Other job requirements may be similar to the following as found in jobs posted on Monster.com:

'Desired applicants must have a Master's degree in Psychology and at least one year of experience.' --North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
'Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Psychometrics, Statistics or a related field and at least five to ten years of experience with assessment systems and sampling theory. Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.' --American Institutes for Research

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”