Powerscore/Testmasters...then Atlas-Is it hard to adjust?

pppokerface

Powerscore/Testmasters...then Atlas-Is it hard to adjust?

Postby pppokerface » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 am

For those who used other methods then switched to Atlas, is it hard to adjust to new methods? I've used the Testmasters method for over a year now so I almost feel like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" ugh

OklahomasOK

Re: Powerscore/Testmasters...then Atlas-Is it hard to adjust?

Postby OklahomasOK » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 pm

I used PS for games for the longest time, then switched to Atlas last second before june for certain types of games. It clicked instantly. Pick and choose what works well for you. I found Atlas' explanations very helpful and clear. Their way or working the games seemed much more intuitive to me than some of PS's methods.

If it doesn't click within a week for a new approach, I wouldn't switch.

cw2010

Re: Powerscore/Testmasters...then Atlas-Is it hard to adjust?

Postby cw2010 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:53 pm

I've used ALL of the Powerscore games materials (including their online Advanced Games Course, which is excellent btw).

I've also been reading the AtlasLSAT games book, and I find it to be great, especially for a more advanced student. I feel that the PS gives a stronger "grounds-up" approach, but the Atlas book takes it a step further.

I don't think the adjustment is hard. If anything, you should be open to new tools and techniques and develop a methodology that is most beneficial for you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”