DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

User avatar
matvei
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby matvei » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:20 pm

.
Last edited by matvei on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 pm

I wish I had fresh recent PTs to do!!!! ahh. So far i've been killing the individual sections/questions I've been doing, -0 on a timed LR section, -0 RC passages etc... time to get out the erasers and find a PT or two i havent seen for a year +

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 am

See I'm doing entirely new PTs out of fear of getting inflated expectations from familiarity with the ones I used to prep for October. I mean, when I only missed 8-14 on them, odds are that somewhere buried in my mind is an idea of the questions I got wrong and the correct answers to them. Even if you think you don't remember, the mind is a pretty powerful thing.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 am

well I wish I could do that but I used every recent PT prepping for October. I think I have a couple that I did when I was prepping for Sep09 that there is no way I still remember enough to make it not worth my while.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby KevinP » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 am

Just scored my first -0 on an RC section! Thankfully I'm a major procrastinator so I didn't finish all of the recent PTs. The RC section is by far my worst section and now I'm starting to fully grasp it. I absolutely kill LR/LG. Good luck in December!!!!

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby merc280 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am

I'm thinking about picking up the atlas book for reading comp. I figure it will probably only help since I usually miss -10 on this section.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby merc280 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 am

I've been using the power score book for logic games and still averaging -9 per section. Would the atlas logic games book be helpful considering the test is less than a month away?

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby androstan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 am

merc280 wrote:I've been using the power score book for logic games and still averaging -9 per section. Would the atlas logic games book be helpful considering the test is less than a month away?


Powerscore logic games can still help you. You need to drill hard though between now and then to make their methods second nature.

I'm about to start PT54. I got 171 on PT52 (the last one I took). Shooting for 173/4 now!

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Sandro777 wrote:well I wish I could do that but I used every recent PT prepping for October. I think I have a couple that I did when I was prepping for Sep09 that there is no way I still remember enough to make it not worth my while.

I've used all from 45-61 basically, so I'm working with 30-44 now. While they are not as new as I would like, I'm pretty sure that older material that is totally fresh will reflect my performance better than newer tests that I am familiar with.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm

I think the only PTs I havent seen are
15
19
26

14

according to my spreadsheet, but i havent checked. Atleast it will be nice to be able to have ~3 fresh PTs before Dec 11th, regardless of how old/new they are.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby androstan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Finished PT 54. Was hoping for 173/4 but just hit 170. Did a lot worse on RC than usual (-4). Some of it seemed like complete BS. Oh well. Here's hoping the passages/questions on test day aren't like this one.

User avatar
Cmoss
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Cmoss » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 pm

KevinP wrote:Just scored my first -0 on an RC section!


i love it when that happens!

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby aesis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 pm

2014 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:well I wish I could do that but I used every recent PT prepping for October. I think I have a couple that I did when I was prepping for Sep09 that there is no way I still remember enough to make it not worth my while.

I've used all from 45-61 basically, so I'm working with 30-44 now. While they are not as new as I would like, I'm pretty sure that older material that is totally fresh will reflect my performance better than newer tests that I am familiar with.


I am very wary of using anything older than the 30s, and even then, I've structured my schedule to be more recent rather than older. IMO, the test changes significantly once you hit the 50s. RC is a lot harder, LR is trickier and LG returns as a something to be taken seriously. I would just caution you getting used to the wording and questions in the older tests. That's just my opinion.

Then again, I care less about knowing where I'm really at score-wise than knowing where I'm at accuracy wise. Err, in the sense that if I'm seeing familiar material I should be getting everything right -- but that is not the case.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:58 pm

while the older tests are certainly different I don't think taking a few of them is going to change me. I've already taken a ton of PTs and been prepping on and off for over a year, now its more down to minimizing mistakes and consciously attacking questions.

lparker
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby lparker » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 pm

2 more weekends, ya'll. I am on a weekend timeline because that's when I take my PTs. However, I'm going to fit in an extra test this week since I'm off work on Wednesday. Good luck everyone. Hope you're all where you want to be...

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

aesis wrote:
2014 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:well I wish I could do that but I used every recent PT prepping for October. I think I have a couple that I did when I was prepping for Sep09 that there is no way I still remember enough to make it not worth my while.

I've used all from 45-61 basically, so I'm working with 30-44 now. While they are not as new as I would like, I'm pretty sure that older material that is totally fresh will reflect my performance better than newer tests that I am familiar with.


I am very wary of using anything older than the 30s, and even then, I've structured my schedule to be more recent rather than older. IMO, the test changes significantly once you hit the 50s. RC is a lot harder, LR is trickier and LG returns as a something to be taken seriously. I would just caution you getting used to the wording and questions in the older tests. That's just my opinion.

Then again, I care less about knowing where I'm really at score-wise than knowing where I'm at accuracy wise. Err, in the sense that if I'm seeing familiar material I should be getting everything right -- but that is not the case.

As an example though, my scores have jumped by like 5 points on all of the newer PTs I've taken, and while I would love to think I have just improved by that much, I can't help but feel like it is because of familiarity. All things considered I definitely agree that the 50's+ are different (Though not harder in all areas, I don't agree with you there) but if the choice is new tests vs familiar tests, I feel like the older ones are a more accurate representation of where I stand now, which is my goal in taking PTs.
There are a lot of somewhat unique games in the 30's though which are proving to be a challenge, I don't think the tests are easier.


That all being said

PT 33 - 96 Raw - 178 Scaled
-2 LR
-1 RC (:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)
-1 LR
-1 LG

THRILLED. I was seriously pressed for time on LG and managed to ace the last two games at like 6 minutes a piece.
RC my parents had a TV going in the room next door and some obnoxious computer game and I figured that I had bombed it, yet managed -1 somehow. I despise RC.

Also my best PT ever.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:25 pm

got Atlas LR in the mail. Time to burn through it in 2 days.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:53 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby zreinhar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I am kind of A bind and need some help. I'd like to take the Dec test but am maxed out for this time period. I have a school I'm gonna ask to sponsor me to sit for it again, but I don't know if it's too late to register for the Dec test. Could you guys who can see the deadlines let me know if it is? Thanks!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby akili » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 pm

PT 44 tonight

RC -1 :D
LR1 -5 :evil:
LG -1 :D
LR2 -3

Raw 90
Scaled 170

First of the more recent PTs I've done (compared to PT9 at least). Definitely felt the difference in LR, but I'm proud of how RC and LG went. Towards the end I just wanted to finish and just pushed through.

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby aesis » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 am

Finna update before library closes.

Just took PT 56:

LR exp 24/26
LG 23/23
LR1 24/25
LR2 25/25
RC 26/27
98 --> 180

This is my third time 180ing, third time -2ing. Things are looking good! I wonder if the Manhattan RC book will get that RC down to -0 consistently? Maybe? Or make me go faster. That always helps. I think doing sections instead of drilling everyday helps tremendously with internalizing the timing/pacing, but actually it's not enough if you're not accurate. Anyway, pretty happy about this. Hoping for some repeats.

Cheers.

lparker
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby lparker » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:33 pm

akili wrote:PT 44 tonight

RC -1
LR1 -5
LG -1
LR2 -3

Raw 90
Scaled 170
aesis wrote:Finna update before library closes.

Just took PT 56:

LR exp 24/26
LG 23/23
LR1 24/25
LR2 25/25
RC 26/27
98 --> 180


You guys are ballers. LSAC is so lucky we chose to retake. =)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby akili » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm

lparker wrote:
akili wrote:PT 44 tonight

RC -1
LR1 -5
LG -1
LR2 -3

Raw 90
Scaled 170
aesis wrote:Finna update before library closes.

Just took PT 56:

LR exp 24/26
LG 23/23
LR1 24/25
LR2 25/25
RC 26/27
98 --> 180


You guys are ballers. LSAC is so lucky we chose to retake. =)


Haha! They are counting their lucky stars :)

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Been doing sections as HW for my Knewton class.
Did anyone find PT38 Games section to be rough?

The games individually are manageable, but they are all the types that tend to take me a long time, and put together I struggled with time on this section far more than I have on any other games section to date.

kpuc
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kpuc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:40 am

PT 39 is done.

LG: -2
Exp (PT 30 LR 1): -2
LR 1: -1
RC: -1
LR 2: -3

Raw: 94
Score: 175




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cherrygalore, Tazewell and 6 guests