DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Sandro » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 pm

I got the Atlas LG book in the mail today. Pretty pumped to start.

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby aesis » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I got the Atlas LG book in the mail today. Pretty pumped to start.


Please let us know your thoughts on it, I'm debating picking it up. Particularly the logic chain method people keep mentioning and any other different approaches that could prove helpful with the newer LG's!

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 3|ink » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I just want to take a moment to recommend this to anyone who is timing him/herself:

http://www.alpha-score.com/resources/lsat-proctor/

This flash program will time your tests/sections for you. It calls everything: start, 5 minutes and pencils down. It even includes a 15 minute break. I found this incredibly useful. I highly recommend it.

No. They aren't paying me a dime. I just feel like I owe them something. This timer was very helpful to me.

Nonok
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Nonok » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Plan for the next four days:

11-Nov RC9,LR141
12-Nov RC10,LR241
13-Nov PT30&RC11
14-Nov PT31&RC12

Everything is printed and ready to go. I also need to finish up my PS, resume, and other app stuff. Going to review all of the LR questions I've ever missed and create a .pdf out of those questions to do every now and then to hammer home the concepts.

Good luck to everyone on their studies this weekend. Test is exactly 30 days away.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby KevinP » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:50 am

3|ink wrote:I just want to take a moment to recommend this to anyone who is timing him/herself:

http://www.alpha-score.com/resources/lsat-proctor/

This flash program will time your tests/sections for you. It calls everything: start, 5 minutes and pencils down. It even includes a 15 minute break. I found this incredibly useful. I highly recommend it.

No. They aren't paying me a dime. I just feel like I owe them something. This timer was very helpful to me.


+1 for the awesome link.

User avatar
dlbuhr
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby dlbuhr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Just got done with practice test 53 today.

LR 1 (-1)
LG (-0)
LR 2 (-0)
RC (-0)

Raw score 99
Scaled Score 180

Super pumped about this!!!!!!! :D

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby akili » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

dlbuhr wrote:Just got done with practice test 53 today.

LR 1 (-1)
LG (-0)
LR 2 (-0)
RC (-0)

Raw score 99
Scaled Score 180

Super pumped about this!!!!!!! :D


Congrats! That's awesome!

User avatar
FishOil
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby FishOil » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Get some dlbuhr! lol

Did Superprep A today (not sure what PT). Seems like my skillset has completely reversed itself, used to be -0,-1 on LG and -4,-6 RC.

LR1 (-2), RC53 Exp (-2), RC (-1), LG (-3), LR2 (-0)!! Clean Section always feels good! :P

-6 Raw, 101. 174.

Going to analyze each section tonight but the 174 is right where I want to be at. Looks like more games drilling is in my future.

P.S. Does anyone know how well the Superprep will measure my abilities, they are pretty much the only virgin tests I have left before my December retake???

User avatar
silverlake33
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:57 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby silverlake33 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:01 pm

3|ink wrote:I just want to take a moment to recommend this to anyone who is timing him/herself:

http://www.alpha-score.com/resources/lsat-proctor/


Thank you!!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Pleasye » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 pm

dlbuhr wrote:Just got done with practice test 53 today.

LR 1 (-1)
LG (-0)
LR 2 (-0)
RC (-0)

Raw score 99
Scaled Score 180

Super pumped about this!!!!!!! :D

Nice!

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:10 pm

PT 34 - (Doing the 30's since I used 45+ for October)

-1 RC (Best Ever)
-2 LR (:))
-2 LR (:))
-4 LG (MISERABLE)

-9, 174

On a normal day I would miss no more than 1 LG, I misread a rule in one game though and ran out of time on the last 2 questions.

All things considered, thrilled with that score, especially those RC and LR results. If I went -5 on RCLRLR on the real deal, I will end up at 175+, quite confident.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2568
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby androstan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 pm

So I've taken the time since the October LSAT till now "off" i.e. my wife was tired of not seeing me and my boss was becoming suspicious of my progress.

So I took an LSAT just now, PT52 (Sept 2007).

LR: -4
AR: -5
RC: -0

Raw 90, Scaled 171.

w00t. I ran out of time on AR and guessed on the last four questions. I took a few extra minutes to work them and got them all right. Just need to speed up a little on AR and knock it down to -1/-2.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2568
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby androstan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:11 pm

androstan wrote:So I've taken the time since the October LSAT till now "off" i.e. my wife was tired of not seeing me and my boss was becoming suspicious of my progress.

So I took an LSAT just now, PT52 (Sept 2007).

LR: -4
AR: -5
RC: -0

Raw 90, Scaled 171.

w00t. I ran out of time on AR and guessed on the last four questions. I took a few extra minutes to work them and got them all right. Just need to speed up a little on AR and knock it down to -1/-2.


--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby aesis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm just chiming in.
Took PT 53 yesterday.
RC -4 (blah)
LR -2/-1
LG -0
94 --> 175.

Honestly I'm kind of complacent. Got to shoot higher and really buckle down to eliminate those weaknesses. Eesh. I'm waiting for something to click since the issue isn't timing anymore.

Just a note -- for those of you who aren't hitting 170+ on your PTs, don't feel intimidated by others posting their uber scores in this thread. We're all here to support each other, whether you're scoring in the 150s or 170s. I just noticed that everyone posting their PT scores is a 170+ PTer. But I guess that's good motivation? Competition?

Keep on keeping on.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby akili » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Had a miserable PT today that was complicated by my dog being a huge jerk.

PT 10 (I think)
LR1 -3
LG -4
RC -2
LR2 -3

Raw: 88
Scaled: 168

Honestly it was better than I thought it would be, but I missed a huge inference in LG and the last LR section I just wanted to be done with. Oh well, a 168 on test day would still be incredible!

kpuc
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kpuc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 am

Just did SuperPrep B.

LR 1: -3
LR 2: -1
RC: -0
LG: -4
Exp (PT 29 RC): -3

Raw: 93
Score: 176

Damn, that was a hard LG. I've been hitting the Cambridge LSAT by Type 1-20 book and I was doing swimmingly for about 3/4 of the section. But then I hit the last few questions of the damn Couples Circle Table game and got bogged down. Then I didn't have enough time for the Furniture game and in the end, had to guess 4 in total. At least I got every question that I answered with some thought right.

SuperPrep B has a ridiculous curve of -15, so I don't feel too bad about having done a little poorly in LR 1 and LG. I feel great about the consistent -0 RC.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kkklick » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Just finished up PT 43.
89 = 170

LR 1 = -3
LR 2 = -3
LG = -0
RC = -6 :|
Missed 3 of the last 4 on the code switching passage, it was a brutal passage IMO. LR was okay, although 4 of the 6 I got wrong I probably shouldn't have. In terms of LG although I am good this one was just way too easy, finished in 20 minutes.

Just got the Atlas RC today in the mail going to go through it tonight and tomorrow and see if it can help.

User avatar
richardhelms
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby richardhelms » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:59 am

Hey folks - December 2010 taker here as well. Wishing you the best...

Just curious, I've seen some talk about the Atlas RC? Is this a collection of past RC LSAT questions, a guide, or their own production of LSAT questions?

I ask because I am still taking the biggest hit on RC (usually -6/-5) even after using the Powerscore RC Bible and with some good number of practice tests. I'm looking for any final help I can before the test.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kkklick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 am

richardhelms wrote:Hey folks - December 2010 taker here as well. Wishing you the best...

Just curious, I've seen some talk about the Atlas RC? Is this a collection of past RC LSAT questions, a guide, or their own production of LSAT questions?

I ask because I am still taking the biggest hit on RC (usually -6/-5) even after using the Powerscore RC Bible and with some good number of practice tests. I'm looking for any final help I can before the test.

Yea, mostly from the year 2003. The Atlas RC is great, just got done with it yesterday and I already feel 10x better and more confident on RC. When you aren't doing RC the right way, it can be a very difficult section. If you do it right, it can be simple (except for the very very hard Q's).

Nonok
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Nonok » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 am

kkklick wrote:
richardhelms wrote:Hey folks - December 2010 taker here as well. Wishing you the best...

Just curious, I've seen some talk about the Atlas RC? Is this a collection of past RC LSAT questions, a guide, or their own production of LSAT questions?

I ask because I am still taking the biggest hit on RC (usually -6/-5) even after using the Powerscore RC Bible and with some good number of practice tests. I'm looking for any final help I can before the test.

Yea, mostly from the year 2003. The Atlas RC is great, just got done with it yesterday and I already feel 10x better and more confident on RC. When you aren't doing RC the right way, it can be a very difficult section. If you do it right, it can be simple (except for the very very hard Q's).

You convinced me to buy it. Should be here on Saturday!

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kkklick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:50 am

Nonok wrote:
kkklick wrote:
richardhelms wrote:Hey folks - December 2010 taker here as well. Wishing you the best...

Just curious, I've seen some talk about the Atlas RC? Is this a collection of past RC LSAT questions, a guide, or their own production of LSAT questions?

I ask because I am still taking the biggest hit on RC (usually -6/-5) even after using the Powerscore RC Bible and with some good number of practice tests. I'm looking for any final help I can before the test.

Yea, mostly from the year 2003. The Atlas RC is great, just got done with it yesterday and I already feel 10x better and more confident on RC. When you aren't doing RC the right way, it can be a very difficult section. If you do it right, it can be simple (except for the very very hard Q's).

You convinced me to buy it. Should be here on Saturday!

Trust me I'm skeptical of books, I've gone through 5 LSAT books and they all wasted my money. This and informal logic by douglas walton are 2 books that I would buy again no doubt about it.

Nonok
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Nonok » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 am

kkklick wrote:
Nonok wrote:You convinced me to buy it. Should be here on Saturday!

Trust me I'm skeptical of books, I've gone through 5 LSAT books and they all wasted my money. This and informal logic by douglas walton are 2 books that I would buy again no doubt about it.

Good to hear. I really need to figure out RC. I'm averaging -4ish right now on RC sections but can score anywhere between -1 to -9 on RC. Scored -9 in Oct.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby kkklick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

:D 176 on PT 51 :D
LR1 = -1
RC = -3 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LR2 = -2
LG = -0

Never scored so high on a PT, the 2 LR I got wrong on the second one I had noted those questions to come back to if I had time because I was stuck between 2 AC's, could have gotten those if I had the time but I ran out. RC was -3, but 2 of them I was very very close to the right answer, and the other I just plain got wrong. I have to admit I am very proud in the improvement I made in RC after 1 day just by reading a book.

User avatar
Cmoss
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby Cmoss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I got the Atlas LG book in the mail today. Pretty pumped to start.


just picked up their LR book hopefully it helps

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Postby 2014 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

I have a 3:45 flight home for Thanksgiving. How bad of an idea do you guys think it is to take a PT on it? I think it could be kind of fun haha




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], jagerbom79 and 12 guests