DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jd20132013

Silver

Re: DECEMBER 2010 DOMINATION

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 am

Stopped doing full tests earlier this week per advice of others.

Ran a LR1 section from PT 52 got a -1
Ran the LG from PT 51 got a -8 after struggling with the 2nd game. However -8 is around where I'm targeting for LG (-5 to -8)
I also didn't get any of my guesses on the 4th game(which I generally dont have time to do), and I'm hoping to hit on one or two of those as I usually do *shrug*

Anyway, I feel good. Won't do anymore LRs, will likely do one LG tomorrow and maybe one on Friday.

good luck to everyone, Im going to try to stay away from here until saturday.

lisavj

Bronze

Post by lisavj » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:58 am

PT 34 - decided to see what would happen if I just breezed through the whole thing without checking answers and going with my gut (admittedly stupid, but I was curious). ES - from PT31

RC -1
LR1-3
LR2 -5 (where this strategy fails...)
LG-4 (pretty sure I missed something on the last game, going to have to go back and figure out what...)

ES - RC, -2

PT 34 raw 88 scaled 170 (kinda takes the pressure off time wise, if I'm getting close to the end I'll probably trust my gut)

PT31 - cumulative from all the ES used - raw 91 scaled 173 (this includes a concentrating -5 on LR. there's probably not much hope on improving LR this late in the game, but I'd be quite happy with a 173)

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:44 am

almostthereee wrote:PT 58

RC: -11
LG: -6
LR1: -3
LR2: -3

Raw 78, scaled 161

SIGH. Took two days off cause I was feeling a bit burned out. Saturday, was stalking TLS with my spare time and it didn't really help relieve stress so on Sunday I purposely stayed off TLS. Didn't think it helped too much... now instead of burnout I feel as though I'm falling behind and need more practice. My last PTs are as follows: 167 167 165 163 163 and now 161. Needless to say, WORST time for my scores to start diving.

I was originally going to rest on Thurs and Friday, maybe punch in a few LGs but now I think I'm going to PT on Thursday.

I just want to die now.
^ this. this is me right now. i've been doing well on almost all my practice lsats from oct til now. suddenly from pt 55 onwards it's been a good 4 points or so below my average. NOT. AN. OK. TIME. WTF.

i think i'm going to pt up until saturday now. :(((((((((

ack

New

Post by ack » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 am

moneko wrote:

Raw 78, scaled 161

SIGH. Took two days off cause I was feeling a bit burned out. Saturday, was stalking TLS with my spare time and it didn't really help relieve stress so on Sunday I purposely stayed off TLS. Didn't think it helped too much... now instead of burnout I feel as though I'm falling behind and need more practice. My last PTs are as follows: 167 167 165 163 163 and now 161. Needless to say, WORST time for my scores to start diving.

I was originally going to rest on Thurs and Friday, maybe punch in a few LGs but now I think I'm going to PT on Thursday.

I just want to die now.
^ this. this is me right now. i've been doing well on almost all my practice lsats from oct til now. suddenly from pt 55 onwards it's been a good 4 points or so below my average. NOT. AN. OK. TIME. WTF.

I started burning out a month ago - 178, 175, 172... a bad trend. I took a week off. Obviously it's a bit late for that, but, at least take a morning off, and go for a bike ride or something - get some exercise to clear your head. And eat well. And then exercise some more. And then maybe try another PT when your head is working again.

It looks like some people on this forum are doing no LSATs for the few days leading up to the test, but I feel like I'll start losing this whole groove I've got going unless I do at least a bit every day.

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Coming out of TLS hibernation to say I just took my last preptest last night and got my highest score ever (177). I haven't gotten under 170 for the past couple weeks (before, was bouncing around from 173 to 168), so I'm feeling really ready to go kick some LSAT ASS.

I have my day all planned out for Friday and Saturday, snacks bought, breakfast planned, B&B room booked (self service, so I can rely on agood nights sleep and access to a kitchen without having to worry about intruding innkeepers), outfit picked out, movie tickets bought (Friday!). I am READY.

The one thing I'm wondering is I plan on doing a quick logic game or 2 on Friday along with a RC passage and some LR, just to make sure I stay in the groove while still allowing time for fun and not putting too much pressure on myself. I also want to do a quick logic game or 2 Saturday just before the test to get my brain going and boost my confidence. I'm trying to decide which logic games/RC/LR I should pick for my pre-test prep. Certainly nothing too hard that will rattle me, but I'm worried that if it's too easy, it won't really engage me.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to pick a nice range of material to keep my brain in the LSAT groove without shaking me up? Is there anywhere I can find logic games rated by difficulty?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Ugh, games IMPLOSION today. I seem to be understanding less and less. I managed a -11 on one section today, which was my lowest in months. Hopefully Im just freaking myself out and can get over it in the next 2 days

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:47 pm

I cold tested 166 at the start of my studying for the LSAT and haven't really improved at all.

Hope I pull it together on Saturday (probably not).

lisavj

Bronze

Post by lisavj » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Best score ever today! Pt 38, es from Pt 35. Bombed RC mostly with second guessing but that's normally my strongest section so I'm hyped!

LR1 -1 :)
LG -1 :D
RC -4 :evil:
LR2 -1 :D

ES (LR) -2 :)

Cyall on the flipside. I may run some more sections today but tomorrow it's off to the doggy park!

Beas

New

Post by Beas » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 pm

I am officially done preparing!

It is now the day before the test (well here in Romania anyway), just need to take my mind off of the test for a bit and think about anything else...though I don't think it will be easy. But I feel confident, I feel ready, I am ready to dominate this sucker!!!!

catch you all on the flip side

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Last Practice test... 165!

who knew search = patrol

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 pm

took PT 61 (again) today:

LR -2
LG -2
RC -6 :shock:

Raw: 91 (171)

I ran out of time again on RC!!! Seeing as I have already taken this test before, I am starting to get worried............might just take another PT tomorrow for a boost of confidence!

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Last two LG sections in real-condition PTs:

58: -3
59: -2

Missed 10 on 61... feeling good going into Saturday's exam.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 pm

hokie wrote:took PT 61 (again) today:

LR -2
LG -2

I ran out of time again on RC!!! Seeing as I have already taken this test before, I am starting to get worried............might just take another PT tomorrow for a boost of confidence!
If you're looking for a confidence boost, maybe you should rework some of your best sections... that way, you keep your confidence up while also keeping your techniques fresh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 pm

atresia wrote:

LR -2
LG -2

If you're looking for a confidence boost, maybe you should rework some of your best sections... that way, you keep your confidence up while also keeping your techniques fresh.
That is a good idea but my lack of confidence inherently lies within being able to test well on material that I haven't seen before....but I may still do what you suggested for a boost nevertheless!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 pm

do some section work and work on a rc passage. dont take a test tomorrow. otherwise you will be taking an lsat for 3 consecutive days... that could mean trouble on the last 2 sections on game day

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I've been pounding out LG sections for the last week, haven't taken a PT since Saturday and it surprisingly isn't bothering me. I'm extremely confident as long as I pace well on RC and LG.

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 pm

LR -2
LG -2

Took 61 this afternoon as well. I was right on with LG (rarely miss more than 3), improved LR like crazy (-9 total, usually around -15), -6 on RC.

WTF. I've never missed more than -3 on RC. Plus side, I'll take the LR boost as proof of studying finally paying off, and the RC drop as a complete fluke. I scored a 158 last February (one point lower than my PT average then) and have scored a 163 on every PT for this test (until today), so I'm feeling pretty good about Saturday. Peaking is good.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

I took PT 33 today and got a 177, my highest score ever. I did a 172 once, but breaking into the 170s at all for me has been rare.

I think I'm going to retire the heavy-duty LSAT practice with that. I'll work through a few games tomorrow and pick out some easy LR questions for Saturday morning. I'm also going to bring a newspaper to get my mind used to absorbing info through text.

But anyway...Good luck everyone! You've been putting in too much work to not dominate this test. I look forward to seeing you all here Saturday afternoon to trade some feel-good stories.

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 am

PT 43 is done.

RC: -3
LR 1: -2
LR 2: -1
LG: 0

Raw: 95
Scale: 176

That was one of the hardest RCs I've done: a couple of every dense reading passages AND 28 questions. The LRs and LG seemed to make up for it though.

Feeling good about the re-take. I've taken 8 PTs and am averaging 175.6, which is probably almost 5 points higher than the last 8 PTs I took before the Oct LSAT. I always felt that I could've used one more month before that test, and it seems that I was right. LGs used to make me uncertain, but I'm very confident in them now.

Just going to do some LG and RC tomorrow.

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 am

ack wrote:
moneko wrote:

Raw 78, scaled 161

I just want to die now.

I started burning out a month ago - 178, 175, 172... a bad trend. I took a week off. Obviously it's a bit late for that, but, at least take a morning off, and go for a bike ride or something - get some exercise to clear your head. And eat well. And then exercise some more. And then maybe try another PT when your head is working again.

It looks like some people on this forum are doing no LSATs for the few days leading up to the test, but I feel like I'll start losing this whole groove I've got going unless I do at least a bit every day.
me too :/ everyone seems really confident in the 'take time off' approach but i feel like gaps make me less confident. i don't feel that tired after them at any rate, i'm more worried about the early wake up time. other than burn out (which i haven't been working hard enough in the last month to do) what other reasons are there for not practicing up until test day?

and def gonna go play tomorrow afternoon :) so i can sleep soundly

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:02 pm

My last undone practice test. PT58 Sept. 2009:

LR1 -3 (bleh)
RC -0
AR -3
LR2 -2

93 for a 172. I'm givin' 'em hell tomorrow.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r2b2ct

Bronze

Post by r2b2ct » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Last night I had the worst LSAT dream ever. First I forgot my ticket and had to rush back to print it and rush back, the proctor barely let me in. Later on during the test I was erasing an answer and it ripped a big hole in the answer sheet. The proctor said they had no other copies and dismissed me over it. I woke up sweating.

I think this test is starting to threaten my sanity.

Good luck everyone. :P

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: .

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mandobob

New

Post by mandobob » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 pm

If a LG Venn Diagram comes up im screwed. but apart from that-LETS DO THIS!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and for the admissions cycle(s)

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm pretty psyched that the day is finally here! Let's rock this party.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”