Lets have a legal debate about this god forsaken question!

modmx

Lets have a legal debate about this god forsaken question!

Postby modmx » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:43 am

Please try not to violate any lsac rules in discussing this question. The previous thread was deleted but lets just have a base surface debate about this question. Please no specifics and answers.

I think many of you already know I'm discussing the "abridgement" question. The problem I have with this question is that it allows for such abstract personal injection that many of the answer choices could have been proven with some mind bending. For example, I circled what many would consider "the obvious" answer...but the conditions of the stem could both disapprove this "obvious" answer and support another.

I changed my answer because I got into some serious mental consideration about who BEST satisfies all the given conditions. I believe the "obvious" answer choice was coupled with its own condition that conficted with the stimulus. With that being said, how do you feel about this very subjective question? Do you think lsac will remove this from scoring because of its highly controversial nature?

granato

Re: Lets have a legal debate about this god forsaken question!

Postby granato » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

Did the EXACT same thing you did. "Yeah this one is easy, it has to be this one! Oh wait, it can't be that one...can it? Yeah it can't be, or can it." Is it more probable that a football player doesn't have a playbook, or a fan spaced out/stood in line for a chili dog/got sick for 3 quarters? But was it even customary for a player to have a playbook in 1901? You had to have written a thesis on playbook manufacturing and distribution in the early 20th century to have confidently answer that question.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Abridgement question? WTF? If you're referring to the question about the English writer whose name I wont mention, ROFL. That question was not hard. It made plenty of sense. There were far lamer questions on this test than that.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

3|ink wrote:Abridgement question? WTF? If you're referring to the question about the English writer whose name I wont mention, ROFL. That question was not hard. It made plenty of sense. There were far lamer questions on this test than that.

are you talking about voldemort, voldemort, voldemort, voldemort!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

lolol10 wrote:
3|ink wrote:Abridgement question? WTF? If you're referring to the question about the English writer whose name I wont mention, ROFL. That question was not hard. It made plenty of sense. There were far lamer questions on this test than that.

are you talking about voldemort, voldemort, voldemort, voldemort!

I can't wait until Harry Potter is dead.

Voldemort isn't an English writer to my knowledge.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”