June 1999 LSAT

richardhelms

June 1999 LSAT

Postby richardhelms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey folks -

Been prepping now for the December for about five or six months now. THOUGHT I was finally in range of where I wanted to be 168+ - but holy shit, came across Prep Test 28 today, June 1999, and got SLAMMED on it: -8 LR on the first section alone! Scored a 161, which is the lowest I have seen in a while.

Anyone else have the same sentiments towards the June 1999 test, or is it just me bitching on here trying to make myself feel better? lol

kkklick

Re: June 1999 LSAT

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 pm

LR from back in the day is tough, I wouldn't be too worried. Plus June tests are notoriously hard. I'd say relax

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I hear ya on that...Sucks though - was on a pretty decent streak. Hope I'm not burning out or something.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:30 pm

richardhelms wrote:I hear ya on that...Sucks though - was on a pretty decent streak. Hope I'm not burning out or something.

You just may be burning out. I was consistently scoring 168-170, and on my 8th test in 8 days I got a 163. Safe to say I took a day off and scored a 175 the next time. Take a day off and get back at it the next day and see how you do. Remember the brain needs rest.

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Certainly adhere to that advice. Thanks dawg.

What do you find to be the most effective tests to study with? 29-38 seemed to be a bit comparable, although I'd argue that the LR on that was a bit more challenging, and the RC seemed to be a bit more mild compared to today's standards. I'm trying to save anything after 45 until about two weeks before the test.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm

kkklick wrote:
richardhelms wrote:I hear ya on that...Sucks though - was on a pretty decent streak. Hope I'm not burning out or something.

You just may be burning out. I was consistently scoring 168-170, and on my 8th test in 8 days I got a 163. Safe to say I took a day off and scored a 175 the next time. Take a day off and get back at it the next day and see how you do. Remember the brain needs rest.

+1

Maybe you were tired or distracted. Was anything different about the setting or circumstances in which you took this one?

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey LSATBlog,

Main difference was I did this one off the computer (printer has not arrived and I am living in London now). It was the LR that crushed me - rest of the test was pretty benign. I have to tell you though, it does have me a bit worried. Language just seemed overly dense, and the arguments much more convoluted than previous tests. I'm shooting for ED UVA - so I'd love to be consistently breaking 170 by the end of November. Not quite there yet (done it a few times), but tests like this make me long for December 12th more and more when I can say DONE.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

richardhelms wrote:Hey LSATBlog,

Main difference was I did this one off the computer (printer has not arrived and I am living in London now). It was the LR that crushed me - rest of the test was pretty benign. I have to tell you though, it does have me a bit worried. Language just seemed overly dense, and the arguments much more convoluted than previous tests. I'm shooting for ED UVA - so I'd love to be consistently breaking 170 by the end of November. Not quite there yet (done it a few times), but tests like this make me long for December 12th more and more when I can say DONE.

On the computer? What is wrong with you! No, no, no. Dont take anything on the computer seriously. I would be scoring in the 130s if I was taking it on the computer.

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
richardhelms wrote:Hey LSATBlog,

On the computer? What is wrong with you! No, no, no. Dont take anything on the computer seriously. I would be scoring in the 130s if I was taking it on the computer.

First one I've done like that - the diagramming was more difficult obviously, I suppose that could have had quite a negative effect. I did not think it would prior to doing it, but now I'm second guessing the decision to do so!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”